What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R. Packer

runatme

Bench
Looking at 2 years jail

farrrkkk weren't we chasing ths bloke?? dodged a bullet there

I seen the story, but did you notice how long it took to get to the club he is playing for, if he played for us or had played for us, .

Lets take he was playing for us the story would have been KEY SHARKS PLAYER GOES TO JAIL, they wouldnt have cared who it was again the difference when its not a shark player

bluey

Bench

chewsta

First Grade
Knocks someone unconscious then continues to hit him before stomping on his head.
Two years isn't enough, if you ask me.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think it is over the top for a non-premeditated / non king hit attack in comparison to other sentences.

Having said that, I'm certainly in favour of magistrates taking tougher stances on violence. Thing is the next bloke that does something similar will get a good behaviour bond .

stevie013

Juniors
I think it is over the top for a non-premeditated / non king hit attack in comparison to other sentences.

Having said that, I'm certainly in favour of magistrates taking tougher stances on violence. Thing is the next bloke that does something similar will get a good behaviour bond .

Over the top? Surely your kidding there. The guy was unconscious on the ground and this germ punched him a few more times then stomped on his head just for good measure.

He was given the maximum his court could hand out. He is lucky the law only allowed 2 years maximum. The laws should be changed IMO.

Card Shark

Immortal
Over the top? Surely your kidding there. .

In regards to sentences we see year in, year out for similar things with similar & different results , yes it's excessive.

Not saying that's right that others get treated leniently but that's what generally happens.

Marchad

Juniors
He deserves everything he got he could of killed the fella when he stomped on his head. Also after he serves his time deport him back to New Zealand never to enter Australia again and make the kiwi government pay for his gaol time as well so he is not a burden on the aussie tax payer.

Madsharkie

First Grade
He deserves everything he got he could of killed the fella when he stomped on his head. Also after he serves his time deport him back to New Zealand never to enter Australia again and make the kiwi government pay for his gaol time as well so he is not a burden on the aussie tax payer.

I agree with that. Well said.:clap:

shiznit

Coach
Pffft... f**k you motherf**ker... :lol:

You guys wanna make an example out of the guy by locking him up... That's up to you...

But we ain't gonna be paying jack shit for the outcome of your kangaroo court.

shiznit

Coach
Still no money in enzud...?
Never enough money....

But being someone who actually works in the public service in NZ... And deals with ex pat Australians on an almost daily basis...

I can tell you the notion of us paying to reimburse your sentences is laughable...

Australians have far, far more rights here than Kiwis do in Australia.