What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 Sun - Broncos v LOL@Knights *SPOILERS*

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mullen had another pretty ordinary game, that said i dont think any of the knights had a good game... broncos totally outclassed them... to be fair again, i was watching it and i didnt know who half those blokes where wearing knights jerseys.

RABK

Referee
DeeGan said:
Knights fans, is there a reason Akuila Uate couldn't get a start here today?

Same reason Jarryd Hayne couldn't get a run at Parra - Smith doesn't rate him. :LOL:

Raider - from all reports if there was one Knight that tried to do anyhting at all today it was Jarrod Mullen. Poor kid doesn't deserve to be associated with this disgraceful Knights side.

This wil lcost him his Origin jersey though, i'd imagine he was safe until about 3pm this arvo.

DeeGan

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Same reason Jarryd Hayne couldn't get a run at Parra - Smith doesn't rate him. :LOL:

Raider - from all reports if there was one Knight that tried to do anyhting at all today it was Jarrod Mullen. Poor kid doesn't deserve to be associated with this disgraceful Knights side.

This wil lcost him his Origin jersey though, i'd imagine he was safe until about 3pm this arvo.

1. :lol: Sad but likely to be true re: Uate

2. The media will be all over Orford tomorrow morning (he was good) and Mullen will be under immense pressure this week leading up to selection. If the NSW selectors drop him they will severely damage the confidence of this kid

Mullen did enough to get another crack at QLD (a pass mark) - again - the more senior players let him down on Wednesday night IMO.

Mr Saab

Referee
DeeGan said:
Mullen did enough to get another crack at QLD (a pass mark) - again - the more senior players let him down on Wednesday night IMO.

His kicking game was a D-

Ghoulies

Bench
DeeGan said:
Diddums, you took the time (thank you BTW) to count the number of Bronco fans to justify me writing "fans" which you took offence at - I hit a sore spot did I? :lol:
I assure you, champ, my "effort" to recall two Broncos fans who'd had a dig at the Knights, if two was actually the correct number (I'm not fussed, but since you seem to be so hung up on it, perhaps you can double check for me?), was really no trouble.
Each to their own, if coming on here celebrating your comprehensive win over a inferior opponent decimated by injuries is how one put it - "you get your kicks" - go for it.
I enjoy seeing my team playing some pretty damn enterprising football to rack up a club record scoreline (even if it was against a side that was missing all of 3 stars + a couple of FG "regulars").
I ain't policing sweet FA, I am merely laughing at the Broncos fans getting a laugh out of this when reflecting on the season of the defending premieres.
You're laughing at Broncos fans who are laughing while they're in the process of watching a 60+ point drubbing? So when Darius Boyd crosses the stripe to crack the 70, us fans should sombrely reflect on our mediocre season, instead of celebrating a rare drubbing in our favour?

Quite the character you are. :lol:
Much easier to cheer for a winning team - even one winning at half and full time.
You don't say.... :?

RABK

Referee
Ghoulies said:
I assure you, champ, my "effort" to recall two Broncos fans who'd had a dig at the Knights, if two was actually the correct number (I'm not fussed, but since you seem to be so hung up on it, perhaps you can double check for me?), was really no trouble.
I enjoy seeing my team playing some pretty damn enterprising football to rack up a club record scoreline (even if it was against a side that was missing all of 3 stars + a couple of FG "regulars").
You're laughing at Broncos fans who are laughing while they're in the process of watching a 60+ point drubbing? So when Darius Boyd crosses the stripe to crack the 70, us fans should sombrely reflect on our mediocre season, instead of celebrating a rare drubbing in our favour?

Quite the character you are. :lol:
You don't say.... :?

You're a freckle faced fart machine. :sto:

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
His kicking game was a D-

Agreed. I am sure he won't be the last debutant halfback to struggle there.

I still think if the NSW selectors choose Mullen over Kimmorley and Orford for game one they are just about committed to him for game two. Whilst his kicking game was well below par, I don't think his overall game attributed to their loss.

I guess NSW can take heart from the fact Darren Lockyer's Australian debut was a shocker in which he came back to be an all-time great of this game.

Time will tell ...

Jono Russell

Bench
No matter what the scoreline as today Mullen should not be the NSW half. The kid needs experiance at NRL level before he plays at the top level.

If Mullen and Anasta are selected again QLD win games 2 and 3.

renouf

Juniors
Broncos did what was necessary... Newcastle virtually fielded a reserve grade side, the broncos finally played some entertaining football for the first time this season. Whos gloating?

Feel sorry for Newcastle (not their supporters though), thats twice we've belted them in 2 seasons.

Misanthrope

Staff member
to be fair again, i was watching it and i didnt know who half those blokes where wearing knights jerseys.

The sole comfort I take out of today's game is that a lot of those guys were between 19-21 and have their futures ahead of them. It was ugly to see them capitulate like that, but given the right injection of senior players to direct them, I think we could have a formidable line up in a few years. We just need a few players of that Campion/Clearly/Price/Rauhihi mould to come in and add some starch to the side.

KevinArnold

Juniors
Brian Smith is going home a happy man today. He finally has a team that plays consistantly for 80 mins.....consistantly crap!

miccle

Bench
I love the fact so many (who aren't even Knights fans) refuse to give Brisbane much credit, pointing to no Joey, no Bedsy, no Gids etc.

Most of them were the same people laying the boot into the Broncos for playing poorly when Manly beat them by 12 last week (despite the fact we were missing Hunt, Lockyer, Hodges, Tate, Civoniceva, Carroll and Berrigan).

The fact of the matter is, regardless of your opponent, a scoreline like that is something else. It requires complete condifence and domination all afternoon. I mean, the Souths teams of the early 2000's and Wests of the late 90's were woeful, and rarely let 70 in.

Newcastle fans, it was a one-off. Don't get too down about it - your young blokes have shown a lot of great signs in recent weeks and tbh I think our team was just ready to turn the corner today and would've won well no matter who we were playing.

Well, my boys - THANK YOU. Consistency is the key and we HAVE to follow up with a win over the Dragons, but this has extended my hope for us making the top eight. Awesome for and against turnaround!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Brian Smith is going home a happy man today. He finally has a team that plays consistantly for 80 mins.....consistantly crap!

For it to be true consistency, it would have to remain consistent between games. Given we're still in the top eight despite a handful of lop sided scorelines, I think 'consistent' isn't a word on any Knights' fans lips.