What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 Sun - Broncos v LOL@Knights *SPOILERS*

Bicey_18

Bench
Nothing you can say really.. we were belted by a red hot Broncos and just werent upto it. I could pull out all the excuses but that takes away the form Brisbane showed today. Well done Brisbane, you guys may have just turned the corner.

As for the idiots who wanna lay the boot in .. grow up and concentrate on your own sides performance instead of bagging a side who were down on troops. Yeah we lost 71-6, we know.. get over it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I cant believe in the last 6-7 years teams that have reached 70 points. I mean how many times in the 90s did teams go so close, yet didnt happen. Ever since

70+ scorelines

Easts beat Canterbury 87-7, 1935
St George beat Canterbury 91-6, 1935
Manly beat Penrith 70-7, 1973
Melbourne beat St George Illawarra 70-10, 2000
Parramatta beat Cronulla 74-4, 2003
Penrith beat Manly 72-12, 2004
Newcastle beat Canberra 70-32, 2006
Brisbane beat Newcastle 71-6, 2007

its happened 5 times this decade, and probably still counting.

I think the Broncos were desperate though, they wanted to put a good victory since they havent been all that good this season. Some of the tries they scored were just brilliant, I mean there were players supporting, so many numbers.

Matt23

Staff member
Bicey that hardly discourages them, dont read the thread it's that simple

Mal Meninga

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
As for the idiots who wanna lay the boot in .. grow up and concentrate on your own sides performance instead of bagging a side who were down on troops. Yeah we lost 71-6, we know.. get over it.
Pretty hypocritcal....

JK

I'm laughing at centrebet.

Anyone jump on them at 12.5+ after the 702 interview with Buderus? Or just me?? :eek:)

JK

Gene Krupa said:
Yet we're still 4 points ahead of your side on the table. ;-)

Aw. Leave us poor Doggies alone. The pressure is making us drop the ball!!! :sarcasm:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

The 'Dogs are sh*t. Absolutely.

But we still beat you ;-)

DeeGan

Bench
JK said:
I'm laughing at centrebet.

Anyone jump on them at 12.5+ after the 702 interview with Buderus? Or just me?? :eek:)

No, you were not the only one - an easy bet! ;-)

I am surprised at two things:

1. Canterbury fans laughing at Newcastle and

2. Brisbane fans laughing at Newcastle

This win was impressive against a C-grade Newcastle Knights side. Nothing to write home about. It will give the players confidence though it doesn't provide evidence the Brisbane season has turned around nor the fact that languish last (or is it equal last now) on the competition ladder.

I think Brisbane will turn it around though there still lies a tough road ahead, tougher than a mediocre first grade side minus there stars.

And Canterbury - where do we start? ;-)

The Bulldogs will wind up and make a run for the finals though a fan of Canterbury laughing at any rival is hillarious at the minute :lol:

The fact remains Newcastle are higher on the ladder than their more fancied rivals and both glamour clubs have underachieved so far with the rosters they both field.

I guess I missed something or I am not familar with some member history here :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't see the problem... I know and acknowledge my team is currently steering itself convincingly and directly up sh*t creek, doesn't mean I can't laugh at other sides who are underperforming. Nothing to do with my team's performance... but whatever gives you kicks I guess.

Shorty

Staff member
Oh wow,poor Knights supporters I actually feel quite sorry...that would suck!

Well done to the Broncos I think this was just what they needed and from now on they can begin the long steep climb to the finals.

With that scoreline,the confidence boost would be ridiculous.

Jono078

Referee
Dodger said:
I don't see the problem... I know and acknowledge my team is currently steering itself convincingly and directly up sh*t creek, doesn't mean I can't laugh at other sides who are underperforming. Nothing to do with my team's performance... but whatever gives you kicks I guess.

Knights underperforming?

If Johns retired in the off season we'd be $0.99 to win the spoon.

All games have been close for us this year bar 2, I saw this one coming, just not as bad.

We're still going decent and are still in a good position to make the 8.

Any hope we had at winning the comp is gone, no team has after conceding 50+ in that year :(

Well done Broncos, too hot to handle for our inexperienced team.

Ghoulies

Bench
DeeGan said:
2. Brisbane fans laughing at Newcastle

This win was impressive against a C-grade Newcastle Knights side. Nothing to write home about. It will give the players confidence though it doesn't provide evidence the Brisbane season has turned around nor the fact that languish last (or is it equal last now) on the competition ladder.
I counted just two Bronco fans having laughing it up at the expense of the Knights, and even then, what's wrong with having a bit of fun after absolutely demolishing a side in the fashion we did today? If you can't be a little cocky after winning by 65 points, when are you meant to let loose a little?

Christ some people are boring.