What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 Dogs.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I picked old mate as a tool before the new century. He treated us Saints supporters with contempt, and the feeling quickly became mutual.

I completely stopped listening to him when he began death riding Tingha.

I decided his football knowledge was at best, of a low standard.

And he's a f**ken East supporter. What more do you need to hit the mute button?
I remember in the mid 00s when Foxtel/Austar introduced the 'red button' which meant you could watch the live NRL games with different camera angles, pick between two live games and the best was the crowd mode where you could only hear the crowd and no commentary. It's a shame twenty years on almost and this isn't around to do anymore.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I remember in the mid 00s when Foxtel/Austar introduced the 'red button' which meant you could watch the live NRL games with different camera angles, pick between two live games and the best was the crowd mode where you could only here the crowd and no commentary. It's a shame twenty years on almost and this isn't around to do anymore.
The technology is there. I imagine they decided it wasn't in their best interests to develop it any further.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
On the game itself, well a win is a win as they say. Both us and the dogs were good in patches and poor in other patches of the game.

Very glad we came away with the two points and good on Woods for his effort today, he was one of our best forwards and two quick play the balls created tries for us.

Ramsey was good at fullback again I thought, he handled the Burton kicks with the sun in his eyes where as Dufty at the other end of the field showed he still loves letting kicks bounce.

Ramsey at 1 will add more to our attack and hopefully allow us to make a run for the finals.

Half way mark of the season, we're six and six and if we had won that winnable game against the Titans we would find ourselves in the top 8 now.

If we go on to make the 8 it will be a great effort and the team will need to show us they can turn it up a notch in the second half of the season.

jeffdragon

Bench
I post more when we lose ranting
But with the saints it never comes easy.
Thought we let ourselves down in defense.
Hunt two arm grabs in 2 weeks led to tries.
Too his credit Woods was good and I said when will Lawrie score well today he did.
We always struggle v the dogs .Just glad to get the win and have a break next week.
I started the last two game threads for 2 wins but getsmarty bt me to it for r14.

justadragon

Juniors
i will gladly take the win and move on, i was happy with amone and ramsey, they are taking small steps and its a good thing, hopefully bud and sloan will join them at some stage, we didnt have much going for us in the game, hence penalties and six again, but its a 4 point game, we will need a huge improvement against the cows especially in defense. enjoy the win boys and lets focus on what lays ahead.

kit66

Bench

I think Michael Molo's try on debut ( coming on for Lawrie ) gave Lawrie that little bit extra desperation and incentive to finally try a little bit harder to get over the line.
The way MMolo is going he could replace Lawrie now - 19 minutes, 20 tackles, no misses and 55 metres from 5 runs makes Lawrie stats look ordinary ( which they are most weeks anyway ).

kit66

Bench
On the game itself, well a win is a win as they say. Both us and the dogs were good in patches and poor in other patches of the game.

Very glad we came away with the two points and good on Woods for his effort today, he was one of our best forwards and two quick play the balls created tries for us.

Ramsey was good at fullback again I thought, he handled the Burton kicks with the sun in his eyes where as Dufty at the other end of the field showed he still loves letting kicks bounce.

Ramsey at 1 will add more to our attack and hopefully allow us to make a run for the finals.

Half way mark of the season, we're six and six and if we had won that winnable game against the Titans we would find ourselves in the top 8 now.

If we go on to make the 8 it will be a great effort and the team will need to show us they can turn it up a notch in the second half of the season.

Hunt now tops the list for the leagues most missed tackles but having him and Bird next to each other in defence is a recipe for disaster. You watch them, they don't work together at all, we saw it today, one of them sprints out the line the other slides out and the next time vice versa. Our 2nd rowers are a real problem, can't wait to get Su'a back. Maybe BBurns to get back on the paddock soon or Kerr or Ford because Sims ( 4 misses and 8 ineffective today ) and Bird ( av 4.5 misses a game to add to his high error count and penalties ) aren't helping, quite the opposite.
I'll be surprised if Sims makes the starting 17 for Origin.
It makes me wonder why we re-signed Bird, he's a dangerous centre but a liability in the 2nd row and certainly you'd hope not a long term solution in that position, What's the plan with him ?
Yes that loss to the Titans will haunt us and the Penrith game too. People are happy we won this "close" game today but those other two games are the ones we should have iced and today's against the bottom team should never have been in question.

Edit : Sorry I'm Hornby, I replied to the wrong post there, meant to quote jeffdragon.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
I picked old mate as a tool before the new century. He treated us Saints supporters with contempt, and the feeling quickly became mutual.

I completely stopped listening to him when he began death riding Tingha.

I decided his football knowledge was at best, of a low standard.

And he's a f**ken East supporter. What more do you need to hit the mute button?
He told me he was a tigers man & he does live in the area.

Latest posts