What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 | Knights 28-30 Sharks @ Hunter | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 15 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Them

• Draw after golden point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
There have been plenty of disappointments this year but this is by far the worse. This just an entirely new level of incompetence and stupidity. To throw a game away, to leak 18 points in five minutes. No side but Parra do that and even Parra wouldn't do it again.

I just don't know what anyone can do to fix it.

Dropping gidley would be a start

macavity

Referee
Surely that is rock bottom. Problem is I can't see how we improve on it.

They tried their arses off and just have nothing.

We can't defend to save ourselves and give away dumb penalties - did every try against come off a penalty? It would be close.

I thought it was effort lacking at times over the past 3 months - turns out no matter the effort we just don't have the talent.

The Sharks aren't a good team, we had some arsey bounces go our way, and we still derped our way to a loss at home.

No one is coming back to save us, either. It's going to be another very lean decade.

Burns

First Grade
We play Brisbane in Brisbane on Friday night. What's our biggest loss again? Fear for that record.

Swarzey

Bench
Dropping gidley would be a start

Off the back of today I'd drop Gidley and Snowden. Cancers; made life hard for the side either in attack with Gidley's stupidity or defense with Snowden's poor, stupid, pathetic penalties that got Cronulla up the field.

So f**king sick of one or two players having such an impact and still retaining their jumpers. Other clubs would drop them to reserve grade regardless if the bloke next in line is ready or not; it's better than having them out there again f**king this side over.

I also have to say Vaivai had a much improved performance today. Carted the ball up well when he was out there but he's obviously unfit. Then again, everyone in the forwards bar the Sims brothers seem that way.

Rod

Bench
Blood pouring out of Mamo's nose but apparently 'not a reportable offense'. What a load of shit, was exactly the same as Tariq's on Lewis.

Giving up 30 at home to the worst attacking team in the comp is a disgrace, we got 10 ahead twice and then gifted them back into the game through our own stupidity, stepping out and giving away geniused penalties.

Tariq has been good for us but he will never play for NSW unless he gets that niggly shit out of his game every time he plays the ball. The refs don't fall for it and it just slows down any momentum we have.

Mamo had a very good game.

Joel-22

Juniors
Again, Gidley 3 try assists.

Worst fans ever.

Not sure if you're just taking the piss but I actually agree with you.

Watch us struggle to score points with Gidley gone. We look 10 times better in attack with Gids in the halves.

He f**ks up, but if you put him in the St George side and he f**ks up it will result in the opposition getting a set of 6, not a guaranteed f**king try because the rest of side are pea-hearted reserve graders.

He makes stupid decisions and stupid mistakes but he's the best we've got by a country mile.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Again, Gidley 3 try assists.

Worst fans ever.

1 for the Bird try as well by putting his foot on the sideline from dummy half

So that make 4 try assists.

Then possibly a half for missing the read with the obvious inside ball coming with Barber running on the hip of the ball runner 20 out from the line. The same play they ran the previous two tries.

So that make 4.5 try assists

That almost makes him undroppable for all eternity

Jono078

Referee
Snowden's been hugely disappointing since re-signing. He always gets us like that, as did Josh Perry.

Funny that Hagan was the guy in charge both times :lol:

macavity

Referee
Not sure if you're just taking the piss but I actually agree with you.

Watch us struggle to score points with Gidley gone. We look 10 times better in attack with Gids in the halves.

He f**ks up, but if you put him in the St George side and he f**ks up it will result in the opposition getting a set of 6, not a guaranteed f**king try because the rest of side are pea-hearted reserve graders.

He makes stupid decisions and stupid mistakes but he's the best we've got by a country mile.

Yup, and he is leaving next year.

We are f**ked with or without him. Doesn't matter. As a collective we just suck SO hard.

Noname36

First Grade
The lack of leadership out there is astounding. Now I know we were without our starting halves but it really highlights the pathetic lack of foresight and planning that's gone on in the club over the past few years. What did they f**king expect was going to happen when Mullen got injured? When a half goes down in any other club they manage because they have at least one other genuine playmaker in their squad that can pick up the slack. Somehow we've found ourselves in a position where we have one genuine first grade standard half in the entire club, and either a bunch of rookies or complete derps in the key positions. Players like Randall and Tuimvarve are bog average and yet they get away with it because they're compared to the complete derps in Roberts and Gidley. Not one of them would make another side's reserve grade side let alone their top squads.

And again highlighting the lack of leadership, the moment Scott and Rochow go off the derps in defence well and truely set in. The entire side bar those two is just absolutely geniused defensively. Some are worse than others (Sione shouldn't be in the side if he can't handle himself in D - Gagai can't either but he offers enough in attack to make up for it) but in general the side is just pathetic in defense. The sad part is that even when they go through periods of having a go, they're still murdered by bad reads.

Of the very few positives:
It was great to have Rochow back. He's immense for us despite not getting the accolades.
Levi handed himself very well on debut.
I love Mamo. I know he has a lot of errors but the kid just never stops trying stuff and that is such a breath of fresh air.

God-King Dean

Immortal
1 for the Bird try as well by putting his foot on the sideline from dummy half

So that make 4 try assists.

Then possibly a half for missing the read with the obvious inside ball coming with Barber running on the hip of the ball runner 20 out from the line. The same play they ran the previous two tries.

So that make 4.5 try assists

That almost makes him undroppable for all eternity

You're not a true fan

Noname36

First Grade
Sione will come good. He's 18 and confidence is down.

He's the least of my worries.

Yeah, I said in my original post that if he's not ready to handle FG defensively he shouldn't be there but he's certainly not on his own. If he was the only bloke missing tackles I'd be more inclined to pull out the hook but the whole side bar maybe Scott is f**ked there. Dropping him at his age while none of the others can handle themselves either will probably do more harm than good.

Latest posts