What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 - Warriors v Broncos *live updates* 2pm

shiznit

Coach
where is roveli in the mix for QLD??
would be be 3rd in line after Thurston and Prince??

Ghoulies

Bench
Our last tackle options of have been a joke. It won't matter how well our forwards do getting out of our own territory if our final play is just going to be Hunt putting up a mid-field bomb while all of his chasers are 5m offside.

Azkatro

First Grade
Hunt hasn't done much to prove he can cut it without Lockyer by his side, he's been rudderless today.. doesn't seem to be able to make a decision on the spot. Tate botches yet another tryscoring chance through poor handling.

Seems a frustrated performance all round by the Broncos.

salivor

First Grade
The only positive out of this game is that we haven't been dicked in the second half though we deserved to as it has been just as woeful as the first.

Mr Saab

Referee
I tipped the warriors, but would liked to have been rproven wrong.
24-14...kept them scoreless in the 2nd half is something positive...albeit minor.
Panthers next week up @ Suncorp.
This could be the Broncos of 1999 (won one from ten and then won 11 straight)

Big Pete

Referee
Tipped the Warriors as well but Broncos could've won this if they had of completed sets better and had a proper halfback.

Lets face it, this Hunt at halfback stuff isn't working, I'll give it one more game and then switch him back to fullback because he can't set up anything for anyone else and his options are poor, I nearly lost it when he put a grubber instead of passing it, poor stuff.

Perry was good in the first half, what happened to him?

Moon was pretty woeful I thought. I thought the forwards went well for us, apart from a few mistakes they pretty much kept us in the game.

Warriors played well in patches I thought, McKinnon and Crockett proving valuable buys and Witts not looking too bad either. Vatuvei was impressive as well today and I thought you guys outperformed us as a team, as a team we had no clue what to do.

Well done Warriors, played some wonderful footy again, I liked when Vatuvei? got collared and Civonaceva blew up at the ref, and Simpkins replied 'we call those high tackles'

Karmichael Hunt has had an unhappy half.
Been saying it for ages ,he is ordinary...not a playmaker,& will be shown up when locky isn't there to make him look good..... seems i was right despite the howls of protest from the cutie lovers club... Mr saab & Locky no1.

The Broncs have no hope if locky is out for any extended period of time.

I love watching the warriors play ,always entertaining & seem to be a bit more consistant with Cleary's coaching & price's influence.

Mr Saab said:
You are right are you? After 2 games?

Well they are still on 0

Point out the good things he did today in his playmaking role.. Who did he set up ,how many kicks went straight down makinnons throat?..If you are going to praise a player you would expect him to do something without his babysitter with him.

Mr Saab

Referee
He didnt have a great game, but i am not slitting the wrists after round 2.
2006 showed that you can win the 1st 6 games and then fall away (sound familiar?)
I have confidence in Hunt, just like you do with Bowen.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
We did win, but Brisbane did have it on us in the first few minutes.

I thought the ref was getting a bit too padantic in some areas but anyway....we played nicely and well in the odd patches (a habit we seem to have), second half start was bad again (don't know how to fix that) but defense was alot better...would have been nice to get a try in the second half...but credit Brisbane they did what they good...aside from the balls they dropped...

Big Credit-well for mind I got to give it to Michael Witt. I thought he was a bit out of sorts against the Eels from last week (had some good things) but today he was just fabulous, why we wasted some xtra money singing Ropati I have no idea, because quite frankly that xtra cash could/should be saved for Witt.

I know I know, why should the Warriors keep another Aussie? Hey if he's worth keeping I don't care where the hell he's from as long as he does his job like a 5/8 should do. Take note Ropati!