What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 FNF - Bulldogs v Melbourne

jimmythehand

Juniors
"handled everything the dogs threw at them"? problem is we didn't throw anything at the storm. 90% of the time we were 30 metres out we grubbered to the corners. how the f**k do you expect to win games if you don't try to score points. dumb dumb tactics. The Storm don't deserve that kind of respect, no team does. Have a go next time Doggies.

CrazyEel

Bench
Considering you've had two shots at them and come up with the same result maybe it's time you at least consider the fact, at least this year, that you aren't good enough to do any better against them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ref had nothing to do with the result.
Ben Roberts is not a 1st grader. Avg avg footballer

mattyg

Bench
the completion rate is what killed us in the last 20...all game we were defending and whenever we had a chance we'd turn it over...it was bound to come back and haunt us towards the end of the game...

jimmythehand

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
Considering you've had two shots at them and come up with the same result maybe it's time you at least consider the fact, at least this year, that you aren't good enough to do any better against them.

I won't be considering any such "fact" until the year is over thank you very much.

bula_stormer

Juniors
Considering that the Storm had pretty much nothing to play for and the Bulldogs everything it was a pretty poor performance from the Dogs. I think they just got frustrated by the Storm defense, you play as well as your opposition lets you i reckon.

jimmythehand

Juniors
well the storm's defence was great, but I found it frustrating how we just kept grubbering to the corners from 30-40 metres out. And how many times did SBW touch the ball in the Storm's 20? The Storm played to their strengths last night and also to the Bulldogs weaknesses - their tactics were much, much better than ours. Hopefully we'll be a bit more imaginative next time round.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Captian_Klutz said:
:lol:

Loooking at those 2 stats It dosen't quite add up. I'm sure the Storms ball handleing wasn't at 78%.

If the Dogs drop less ball they'll be thereabouts in the Finals.

:| Melbourne dropped a glut of ball in the first 50-odd minutes. Both teams didn't handle the greasy conditions well.

Timmah

Staff member
bula_stormer said:
Considering that the Storm had pretty much nothing to play for and the Bulldogs everything it was a pretty poor performance from the Dogs. I think they just got frustrated by the Storm defense, you play as well as your opposition lets you i reckon.

Nope, nothing at all...

1977_jjgiltinan_edgegoodwin.jpg

nnc100000b.jpg

Nope.

Nothing. :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
jimmythehand said:
well the storm's defence was great, but I found it frustrating how we just kept grubbering to the corners from 30-40 metres out. And how many times did SBW touch the ball in the Storm's 20? The Storm played to their strengths last night and also to the Bulldogs weaknesses - their tactics were much, much better than ours. Hopefully we'll be a bit more imaginative next time round.

F**king ay. He was always on the Tonga/Phelps wing instead of the Millard/El Masri wing - and it cost us big time. That, and Hughes went to Roberts far more than Sherwin and by the time the Storm were 10-16 points up Shifty's confidence was shot.

Why SBW changed sides I'll never know. But as before kudos to Melbourne for matching the forward intensity for the 58 minutes before administering the euthanasia. Most other teams we might've held out but the Storm were just too good and took advantage of their chances in the back end of the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Referee made a thousand dodgy calls and we responded well first half and til about 50-55 minutes... then whenever there was a call, scrum or penalty against us - they just gave up. Can't blame the ref for poor defence and an idiot on the wing. Phelps is Dodgers Scapegoat of the Week and MUST make way for Utai.

Have you ever EVER not mentioned the referee when the Dogs have lost?
Very sad.....but that what you are, as well as a wanker, dickhead, and pissant

Timmah

Staff member
Wasn't aware I couldn't mention the referee? Your opinion means about as much as a steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Even so you seem to have missed the second part of the paragraph.

Can't blame the ref for poor defence and an idiot on the wing. Phelps is Dodgers Scapegoat of the Week and MUST make way for Utai.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yes, that is just a throwaway line for you....your big issue is with the referee........as per the norm with you.
You are a wanker, always have been, always will be

Timmah

Staff member
Your issue is me, somebody you've never met on an internet forum. Which is as per the norm for you.

You are a wanker, always have been, always will be.

Mr Saab

Referee
My issues with you are constantly blaming the ref when the game was lost by the ineptitude of your players. The ref had no influence on that game.
Your 5/8 (Roberts) is as useless as Lockyno1 @ a womens swimwear comp.
That is the person you should have issue with.
But as per usual you have to throw in the referee and whinge and complain.

Shorty

Staff member
Fair enough though the Dogs lost that game fair and square.
The ref was a bit of a dud but the great teams win regardless of that factor.

It might benefit the Dogs to not have the serious contender tag as perhaps they're complacent.
Everybody thinks we'll be the walkover of the finals but we won't give up after 60 minutes of the game.

Jono078

Referee
If Dogs wanna get serious about the finals they need Briggs, Perry, Roberts and Phelps out of the team and get Holdsworth, Utai (he is an x-factor no matter how unfit), Roberts to bench to play at hooker and then obviously Mason comes in.

Also whats up with Tonga? He looks so slow and uninterested... He rareley ever takes a run and backs himself outside the opposition centre anymore, in 2004 that was all he did and fending them off..

Timmah

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
My issues with you are constantly blaming the ref when the game was lost by the ineptitude of your players.
I have clearly blamed the ineptitude of the players. Cameron Phelps efforts on the wing were sub standard and as you said
Mr Saab said:
Your 5/8 (Roberts) is as useless as Lockyno1 @ a womens swimwear comp.

However
Mr Saab said:
The ref had no influence on that game.
Nothing penalties, simple missed calls around the ruck - incorrect calls. Even so, that doesn't excuse the team allowing the points through on the back of them.

Mr Saab said:
That is the person you should have issue with.
But as per usual you have to throw in the referee and whinge and complain.

Only a blind person or one trying to bait me would not acknowledge I have issue with a few players after Friday's game and would like to see a few lineup changes in order to bounce back against the Cowboys.

Timmah

Staff member
Jono078 said:
If Dogs wanna get serious about the finals they need Briggs, Perry, Roberts and Phelps out of the team and get Holdsworth, Utai (he is an x-factor no matter how unfit), Roberts to bench to play at hooker and then obviously Mason comes in.

Also whats up with Tonga? He looks so slow and uninterested... He rareley ever takes a run and backs himself outside the opposition centre anymore, in 2004 that was all he did and fending them off..

I'll go with that. I don't mind keeping Roberts in perhaps in a bench role to replace Perry as a dummy half but his time has been had.

Tonga's forgotten how to pass and is contibuting to Phelps' downfall. Utai will uppercut Tonga if he doesn't use him - we need him back.

Timmah

Staff member
Shorty said:
Fair enough though the Dogs lost that game fair and square.
The ref was a bit of a dud but the great teams win regardless of that factor.

It might benefit the Dogs to not have the serious contender tag as perhaps they're complacent.
Everybody thinks we'll be the walkover of the finals but we won't give up after 60 minutes of the game.
100% agree.