What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
God, that was a stellar kick from Mullen. Where is this guy every week?

A lot of 'Gidley is a cancer on the team' talk in the live game thread. I'm starting to like the taste of that Kool Aid. He's not a playmaker's arsehole.

Jono078

Referee
This is just too sweet, didn't see it coming and it's been a joy to watch, please play like this and round 1 more often than not, Knights!

Silent Knight

First Grade
We should let Gidley and Snowden go at the end of their contracts and buy a strike backrower. Maybe Tariq Sims to play with his starting prop brother.

Haffa

I wouldn't say Kids is a cancer, he's just not a halfback and I don't want to see him play there.

otori

Juniors
Just looking at the stats on the LeagueLive app. Apparently Uate hasn't made a single tackle all game. Says a lot about the Cowboys halves this game I guess...

Rolla

Juniors
Looking fairly potent in attack considering the attacking assets we've lost. A bit stupid of Aku to rush the line with three guys marking him.

Got closer than i thought though. If he frees his right arm he scores cos he made the line

RABK

Referee
Dang, missed the game. Jumped on the net full expecting to see us on the receving end of the score we just beat the Cows by after reading the final team list earlier today. Nice suprise.

Going by the stats only it looks like Fa'alogo and Cuthbertson really made the most of their chance - fair assumption?

Rolla

Juniors
Just looking at the stats on the LeagueLive app. Apparently Uate hasn't made a single tackle all game. Says a lot about the Cowboys halves this game I guess...

Mckinnon has done a great job at killing the ball with the centre too

Silent Knight

First Grade

From what I heard on the radio Alex McKinnon did a good job putting pressure on his opposite number (Tate?) and was a good defensive foil for Uate. So he didn't get exposed that much.

perverse

Referee
Like round 1, we were very good and the Cowboys were very shit. We need to fix our starts badly... but the signs are so, so promising once we hit our rhythm. We also played our part in making them look bad, too... much like the Tigers. We frustrated them and forced penalties and mistakes from them.

Tallis calling it how it is on the Monday Night with Matty Johns... "I think Gidley is the best #14 in the game". Roberts is firming very much as the future. Wayne has it right, he's our future halfback. He and Mullen were clockwork together tonight... and Tyrone is so dangerous at the line. I don't know what Wayne is going to do with Gids, but Tyrone is putting his hand up big time and Gids' last match was absolutely f**king shocking.

Yosh

Coach
Some of the best footy I've seen EVER from the team.

If Mullen and Roberts play like that week in week out, they'll give DCE and Foran a run for their money.

Sims, McKinnon and Rochow have HUGE futures. I haven't seen such promising young forwards from our team in a long long long time.

JSmith is one of the best forwards I have ever seen. He is a winner.

Bedsy might just overtake Joey as my favorite player of all time. He is just phenomenal.

Well played lads.

Kidley to starting hooker and Bedsy to bench. Roberts needs to stay at halfback.

Cuthbo and Fa'aolongo looking like great buys.

perverse

Referee
Dang, missed the game. Jumped on the net full expecting to see us on the receving end of the score we just beat the Cows by after reading the final team list earlier today. Nice suprise.

Going by the stats only it looks like Fa'alogo and Cuthbertson really made the most of their chance - fair assumption?
They were good. Our entire bench was very good... they played a big part in shifting the match back in our favour (Buderus especially, of course).

After the first 15 minutes... we were very, very good across the park. Mullen shone like the occasional diamond that he is. We don't lose when he plays like that... and it was off the back of great work from the rest of the team, especially the pack. Mullens kicking was insanely accurate. Absurdly accurate... he had it on a string. Rochow and Sims provide a very bright future, for the first time in forever, for our front row stocks. Snowy definitely needs to have a look over his shoulder... and if he already is then he's physically not up to the level our other blokes can provide at present. He was certainly noticable as the main disciplinary offender on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
5 of our forwards made over 100 metres, with cuthbertson almost making 200...has that happened ever?

RABK

Referee
When is the last time our 3 bench forwards each cracked 100m each??? Let alone combine for nearly 450m run...

I think Costigan and Snowden ought to be making way very soon.

Spot On

Coach
Can we all now move past the Gidley at halfback theory and put him to the bench.

16 f**king champion performances out there tonight and one bloke who willbe lucky to survive if he doesn't do something worthwhile ASAP.

Jarrad Mullen - incredible kicking game. His best ever.

Tryrone Roberts - could be anything with time.

Robbie Rochow - f**king enormous. What a find he is.

David F and Korbin Sims - grunt and go forward. Please keep them in the 17 Wayne.

Hats off to Neville. His best performance for yonks.

Bedsy - legend.

Latest posts