What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rnb11

Juniors
Likiliki is being bulked up into a second rower, he won't be competing for a centre spot unless we get really desperate

Sims is a big boy, bigger than his brothers but he's not as athletic as Tariq, he's more Ashton's build but alot stronger and quicker. He played prop in NYC and has played a few games at prop in the NSW Cup but I think he's getting played in the backrow now because he's a devastating ball-runner, his strength and tackle-break ability is just incredible. He scores plenty of tries and makes huge metres, he's always had the tag of being the best of the 3 brothers and he's definitely living up to it considering he's only just turned 21. Depends how Bennett plays him but if he comes on when a few forwards a tired and he plays a bit out wide I think he's going to make an instant impact on Monday night. If he plays that is.

Rolla

Juniors
Likiliki is being bulked up into a second rower, he won't be competing for a centre spot unless we get really desperate

Sims is a big boy, bigger than his brothers but he's not as athletic as Tariq, he's more Ashton's build but alot stronger and quicker. He played prop in NYC and has played a few games at prop in the NSW Cup but I think he's getting played in the backrow now because he's a devastating ball-runner, his strength and tackle-break ability is just incredible. He scores plenty of tries and makes huge metres, he's always had the tag of being the best of the 3 brothers and he's definitely living up to it considering he's only just turned 21. Depends how Bennett plays him but if he comes on when a few forwards a tired and he plays a bit out wide I think he's going to make an instant impact on Monday night. If he plays that is.

Hi Mate,

Appreciate the run down (and insight).

I think line breaking/tackle busting forwards is something we lack. We have plenty of mongrel and endurance but not many forwards that will ask questions of the defence with offloads/footwork/power. Sims sounds like he could bring that, and if he does hopefully he can hold down a bench spot.

The Likiliki to second row move could really pay off too as he would be a devastating fringe ball runner. A good move for the knights given that (though this may be ironic at the moment) we don't really need him in the Centres. Not much to lose and plenty to gain so we will see what happens. I suppose the real question would be whether his defence would be good enough.

i am all for giving sims a go now, but i would like to see him get atleast a month of FG to get confidence rather than just playing him every now and then, give him some solid game time and this could be a break out season for him. By the sounds of it, his abilities are what our pack needs

Yosh

Coach
Watch Farah play yesterday, it made me realize just how much we lose by having Hilder/Waddell/Roberts there. Especially Hilder... His service from dummy half is sooo slow and he offers no threat himself. Hope Gidley does move there this week.

Rolla

Juniors
Watch Farah play yesterday, it made me realize just how much we lose by having Hilder/Waddell/Roberts there. Especially Hilder... His service from dummy half is sooo slow and he offers no threat himself. Hope Gidley does move there this week.

Yeah, it is easy to forget how much of a loss Bedsy is (hopefully not so much with Kurt in the 9). Bedsy really gets the forwards going and always makes the right choices. His distribution is fast and accurate too.

Hopefully moving Kurt there this week will kill two birds. Plug the hole in hooker and get him out of the halves.

rnb11

Juniors
Thanks Rolla

Hilder is playing NSW Cup and Sims isn't so looks like the info was spot on with Gids playing hooker and Sims debuting. Bedsy will definitely be on the bench. Some of the players still seem to think Tahu will be playing which contradicts the McKinnon to centre scoop but we'll see on Monday.

I too hope Sims gets given more than 1 game to prove himself, whether he plays amazing or poor he deserves to be there for a few weeks at least and give him every chance to make a successful step up. I don't know what will happen when Mason and Cuthbo are back next week though.

Jono078

Referee
Who's Sims coming in for?

I like Gidley going to hooker, he will get the Cowboys on the back foot more often than not.

Frederick

Staff member
Boyd
McManus
Quinn
McKinnon
Uate
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden
Kidley
Fa'alogo
Scott
Houston
Smith

Buderus
Costigan
Sims
Rochow
Mason

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

rnb11

Juniors
Yeah that looks spot on, it'll look even better with Tahu in for Quinn and Mason in for Faalogo or Costigan which both are a chance still I'd imagine. Hearing 2 different things with Tahu but Mason should be playing. Cowboys are going to have problems if 3 beasts in Sims, Rochow, Mason are coming off the bench.

I'm really excited about our spine. Gidley just wasn't cutting it at halfback, his best attributes get lost trying to be a playmaker. He's always looked highly dangerous at hooker whenever he's played there and Roberts is a much better halfback so it makes sense and hopefully it'll give us a well needed boost in our attacking line. Can't wait for Monday.

Yosh

Coach
Quinn and Mckinnon our centres? House and Scott our secondrowers? That lack of creativity is gonna create a blackhole big enough to wipe out our solar system lol!!!

I think once Korbin gets in the side he will be in it permanently. Anyone know how young Frei is progressing? Snowden should be dropped if Fa'alago has a big game and Snowy just produces thereabouts. Mase is auto selection so it all depends on him how the forwards hit the field as a formation.I hope he is rested unless fully fit.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Guess we'll be looking to darbs to cut out the centres in the backline movements.

Probably old news but just tweeted:
"Newcastle Knights ‏@NRLKnights
Few changes for Monday night v Cowboys. @Bedsy78 is back! Tahu and @mase21 won't play. @mckinnon92 to play in the centres #goKnights"

Frederick

Staff member
It is a great honour to continue sitting 3 - 4 rows in front of the great IanG at home matches in 2013.

You all jelly?
I thought the 3-4 rows surrounding IanG were reserved for all his bitches and hoes...

Apey you whore

Zoidberg

First Grade
Must suck sitting in front if IanG tho. You must keep turning around away from the footy to admire his mullet.

Last edited: