What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hanscholo

Bench
No doubt there is going to be a massive forward clash. The cowboys have been poor there and we were bullied yet again at brookvale by a fkn gimp no bigger than me. We need to stand up.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
i heard from an anonymous source (lets call him - the Sheriff) that mullen is out

if that's the case then we're dunne dunne, knights r dunne (in the same tune of that bogan coles song)

can one of you fine novocastrian gentleman affirm or deny the allegations? cheers
Mullen's playing hugzy :p

Yosh

Coach
Damn... If Mullen is out we're gonna struggle for kick metres...

3 weeks in and we've lost Mason, Gagai and Mullen... Some of our most important players...

First Grade
Danny was the biggest loss up untill last week but Dane now certainly changes our attack.

I for one am hoping Faalogo has a blinder.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danny was the biggest loss up untill last week but Dane now certainly changes our attack.

I for one am hoping Faalogo has a blinder.

When Buderus isn't playing the knights lose a lot of structure and a leader in defense. In years gone by, when Degois was out injured the team played considerably worse. Without a quality number 9, teams in this day and age seriously struggle.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think Danny's presence will be hugely beneficial. We've missed his leadership and his cool head.

I look forward to hopefully getting him, Tahu, Leulia, Gagai, and Mason all out there at the same time as the big name off-season recruits.

Jono078

Referee
If the rumor of Mullen being out is to be true, I'm just curious as to what our halves depth is looking like this year?

Mullen, Roberts, Gidley then Will Smith? Is Ryan Stig still with us?

Rolla

Juniors
If the rumor of Mullen being out is to be true, I'm just curious as to what our halves depth is looking like this year?

Yeah, we wouldn't want to lose two of our three halves would we.

Bit off topic but is the Kelly tearing it up for the Titans the same one we tried to give a chance (but let him go for what i assume was off field reasons)? He looks like a real player, though i was watching him play against the Raiders so it is hardly the best indicator.

Jono078

Referee
I forgot about Adrian Davis too actually.

Yes Kelly has been doing very well, especially his defense and short kicking game in goal, something we haven't been able to do consistently since Johns..

Rolla

Juniors
I forgot about Adrian Davis too actually.

Yes Kelly has been doing very well, especially his defense and short kicking game in goal, something we haven't been able to do consistently since Johns..

Good support runner too, knows where the try line is and has a bit of pace. Another weakness of ours! Though maybe it seems like a weakness because the only bloke making line breaks for the last few seasons has been Aku, and he is just too bloody fast for any of our players to keep up.

Misanthrope

Staff member

f**k me our halves depth is depressing. Would any of our halves even get a run at another club?

Maybe Gids as a bench utility...

Rolla

Juniors
f**k me our halves depth is depressing. Would any of our halves even get a run at another club?

Maybe Gids as a bench utility...

Mullen would make most teams. I know we are very critical of him because he has more potential than he gives us..... But he is still our best and most important player out there.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mullen would make most teams. I know we are very critical of him because he has more potential than he gives us..... But he is still our best and most important player out there.

I would vehemently contest either of those statements. I also don't think he'd be usurping the current halves at the majority of NRL clubs on current form.

He's been around a while now and this 'potential' we're all so excited for never seems to develop into anything we can consistently use or rely on.

Rolla

Juniors
Fair enough, but i think we will have to agree to disagree.

Personally, i can think of two clubs that have 2 halves better than Mullen and a couple that could be line ball depending on the role they want their second half to play. This is very much a matter of opinion though of course.

Rolla

Juniors
A few more hospital passes from Gidley and it will be 'take the lead or wind up in a coma'

rnb11

Juniors
Tahu and Mason not playing. Gidley a late withdrawal. Costigan starting hooker. Cuthbertson on the bench with Bedsy, Sims and Faalogo. Rochow starting.