What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 FNF — Brisbane v South Sydney — *SPOILERS*

Tom Shines

First Grade
Broncos.gif
v
RabbitohsBlack.gif

GAME > Brisbane v South Sydney
WHEN > Friday 4 May, 7:30pm
WHERE > SUNCORP STADIUM, BRISBANE
MEDIA > LIVE NINE NSW + QLD, LIVE ABC QLD, LIVE 2GB & NETWORK
REF > Paul Simpkins; Colour: White; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Alan Shortall; Video Referee: Tim Mander
TIX > Ticketek.

Broncos
1 Karmichael Hunt, 2 Steve Michaels, 3 Nick Emmett, 4 Justin Hodges, 5 Darius Boyd, 6 Darren Lockyer (c), 7 Joel Moon, 8 Dane Carlaw, 9 Shaun Berrigan, 10 Petero Civoniceva, 11 David Stagg, 12 Brad Thorn, 13 Greg Eastwood
Int - 14 Tonie Carroll, 15 Ben Hannant, 16 Mick Ennis, 17 Sam Thaiday

Rabbitohs
1. David Peachey, 2. Nathan Merritt, 3. Nigel Vagana, 4. Shannon Hegarty, 5. Reece Simmonds, 6. Jeremy Smith, 7. Joe Williams, 8. Peter Cusack (c), 9. Daniel Irvine, 10. Roy Asotasi (c), 11. Luke Stuart, 12. David Fa’alogo, 13. Dean Widders
Int - 14. Shane Rigon, 15. John Sutton, 16. Manase Manuokafoa, 17. Jaiman Lowe, 18. Scott Geddes, 19. Joe Galuvao

Peachey doubtful.
Still think Souths are a show here.

Smiley

Bench
Why is it live into NSW & QLD? Shouldn't NSW get the Dragons and Panthers game. I thought that was the point of having two games on Friday night.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Because Ch 9 believe that the Premiers taking on the team occupying 5th on the ladder will rate better in both QLD and NSW, than 14th playing 15th.

innsaneink

Referee
Frank_Grimes said:
Because Ch 9 believe that the Premiers taking on the team occupying 5th on the ladder will rate better than 14th playing 15th.

You'd think it was obvious, eh?

Mr Saab

Referee
Exactly.
I couldnt believe earlier in the week ch9 had the 730 game between 2 of the WORST teams in the comp.
Would have been a ratings disaster. Ch9 have showed some brains for once in their lives.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Peachey has passed a fitness test and will play. Cusack may still not backup and Geddes may come into the side. As for the game itself it will be close IMO. Brisbane are favourites and their form is improving and overall on paper have the better side BUT Souths can win I believe but it won't be by much. Interesting fact though (even though they mean nothing) Souths have not lost away from home this year or while wearing their black rabbit jersey and Brisbane have not won at Suncorp this year...I personally hope the trend continues.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I'm going. Should be good to see. Hope Brisbane hold onto the ball, and I home Asotasi doesnt destroy Carlaw. I think he will but. Souths havent had a lot of brisbane fans traditionly, but i'm sure there will be a few there tonight, due to their good form.

Pigskin

Juniors
Broncs are in such a dire position they become specials tonight

They simply must win ... Origin to come and a terrible start to the year ... a loss tonight and well ..... its big trouble

Oink !

yobbo84

Coach
According to a bloke on The Pride who's information is generally spot on, Peachey is out, Champion in, no other changes.

badav

Bench
Yippee_Wippee said:
Why is it live into NSW & QLD? Shouldn't NSW get the Dragons and Panthers game. I thought that was the point of having two games on Friday night.

Why should the dragons panthers game be live?? Souths are playing good footy and Brisbane are defending premiers.

The dragons and panthers on the other hand are inventing ways to get worse every week and are both playing terrible footy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Current conditions at Brisbane:
27.6°C

Forecast Saturday
Sunny
17°C - 30°C

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Exactly.
I couldnt believe earlier in the week ch9 had the 730 game between 2 of the WORST teams in the comp.
Would have been a ratings disaster. Ch9 have showed some brains for once in their lives.

Broncos are one the worst teams in the comp too according to the ladder :lol: