What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
Knights win 20-17 in golden point wooo!

:(.

So who's gonna pitch in for the ten grand it's gonna cost Wayne to go apeshit over that bullshit try?

perverse

Referee
I'd just like to note that Cronulla completed 92% of their sets, and played great footy. We needed Mullo and probably Buderus out there to win that one... but we lost to a very good performance under pressure there by the Sharks.

perverse

Referee
Pretty high quality game of football in general, actually. We completed very well, too... Just lacked composure and polish at the match-winning moments. Lost our way a bit on either side of half time, too.

undertaker

Coach
I, like many other Knights fans, are filthy about that try that was given to the Sharks that was a clear "conclusive" knock-on from Wade Graham, not to mention other dubious ref decisions such as that on in golden point where Darius Boyd was deemed to be trapped in goal...

however, regarding our attack, we lost the plot after we went for that penalty goal leading 6-0. We were completely all over the Sharks up until that point. After that, incomplete sets of six and dumb penalties given away ensued from us. It just annoyed the crap out of me when we went for that penalty goal at the time when the Sharks were really on the rack.

And on the topic of golden point, our abysmal record continues....2-7 now.

Now, going to watch the 2nd half of the Roosters/Panthers game live and add free....sucked in, Ch9!:lol:

We had the chance to slot 3 field goals.

1. Tackle 4, the play is directed to the sideline, making it impossible to get into a good position. Distance out would have been less then 30 metres

2. Tackle 3. 15 Metres out, gidley rushes for a FG, wasn't prepared.

3. Gidley about 35m out, has plenty of time, passes it to roberts who was about 40m out and had even less time.

Dunno what to say about that game. Turning point seemed to be when they stepped up and we backed off.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I also thought Gids was good today right up until the game was on the line and his brain melted.

Rod

Bench
Man it sucks to lose like that.

We weren't bad and they were very good. I think that was two top 6 teams playing today (assuming Sharks keep playing to their potential, glad they saved their best game for us :roll:).

First thing to get out of the way is two key ref calls went against us. The Graham try being given was a disgrace. Just another video ref balls-up to add to the overflowing pile. I also think Boyd got out of the field of play in GP, that was a huge call to say he was trapped in goal.

Anyway as I said we weren't bad but lacked discipline and seemed to concede a lot of metres around the ruck. I think we really missed Scott and Smith today. The Sharks exploited it well with Lewis, Graham and Gordon running angles. Fifita was ridiculous for them as well. They were up for it today without a doubt.

Really disappointing to lose that one as we could have got some distance between us and the chasing pack but not the end of the world.

undertaker

Coach
Man it sucks to lose like that.

We weren't bad and they were very good. I think that was two top 6 teams playing today (assuming Sharks keep playing to their potential, glad they saved their best game for us :roll:).

First thing to get out of the way is two key ref calls went against us. The Graham try being given was a disgrace. Just another video ref balls-up to add to the overflowing pile. I also think Boyd got out of the field of play in GP, that was a huge call to say he was trapped in goal.

Anyway as I said we weren't bad but lacked discipline and seemed to concede a lot of metres around the ruck. I think we really missed Scott and Smith today. The Sharks exploited it well with Lewis, Graham and Gordon running angles. Fifita was ridiculous for them as well. They were up for it today without a doubt.

Really disappointing to lose that one as we could have got some distance between us and the chasing pack but not the end of the world.

Excellent summation of the events that unfolded. I guess we can only look forward to next week and hopefully beat the Faiders!

Apey

Staff member
Pretty high quality game of football in general, actually. We completed very well, too... Just lacked composure and polish at the match-winning moments. Lost our way a bit on either side of half time, too.

I agree except we looked like we had deadset given up for a while there after Sharks went 20 - 14 ahead. A lot of the players looked extremely slow and lacklustre in their runs, they looked disinterested. I'm surprised we got back into like we did, a silver lining if nothing else.

There was some terrible decision making too that unfortunately went a long way to costing us the game. Our attempt to set up a field goal looked like it was planned by those kids who run around at half time.

Buderus can't come back soon enough. Waddle looks like the 35 year old out there, he picks up the ball so god damn slow sometimes that the defence is up in our face before we can do anything.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
A few things which stuck out to me:

1. 6-0 - opt for the penalty goal. Bizarre choice at the time but probably not the worst one given the circumstances.

2. 14-14 - chance to take the two from directly in front 10m out and we take the tap. If you take the two at 6-0, why the f**k wouldn't you at 14-all?

3. The "penalty" against us for raking the ball off Graham (I think it was). He was trying to promote it and lost control. Sharks score from the ensuing set.

4. Jono Wright's second try. How the f**k can you say Graham didn't touch the ball. It accelerated towards the ground after touching his fingertips!

5. Boyd dives back into the field of play in golden point but the geese in pink rule a dropout. What the f**k?

Latest posts