What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs add Ben Hornby to coaching staff as Development Coach

BLM01

First Grade
I join the chorus of best wishes to this man who played his heart out for the Big Red V and also gave his best as assistant coach .

To the Dragons hierarchy I say shame on you mongrels - you simply cannot go crapping on decent folk as they will only bounce back bigger and better as a result. May he reap all the benefits that a SUCCESSFUL club such as the Rabbitohs can give him .

Meanwhile here at the Dragons we will continue to play marbles in the dirt . . .
Yeh as i said a few weeks ago where is the club's media interviewing him before he departed (didnt expect that) or some statement wishing him the best
He was our club premiership winning captain, highest capped player and whatever else he achieved at our club. Walks out without even a mention of him departing and why, good luck from the supporters etc
No mention from our illustrious coach or anyone about his services.
The Dragons media can go and..............I am furious with the way our club is run

TruSaint

Referee
Yeh as i said a few weeks ago where is the club's media interviewing him before he departed (didnt expect that) or some statement wishing him the best
He was our club premiership winning captain, highest capped player and whatever else he achieved at our club. Walks out without even a mention of him departing and why, good luck from the supporters etc
The Dragons media can go and..............I am furious with the way our club is run

f**k me...

This is so true. Not a f**king mention of " thank you " , " all the best ", a reminder of what a ONE club man has achieved, 270 plus games, Title, Captain, Rep honors and not even a tweet from the Club.

Shameful... Utter garbage.
Thx for posting that BLM01.

Show some class Saints. Your ego cant be any more damaged.

BLM01

First Grade
f**k me...

This is so true. Not a f**king mention of " thank you " , " all the best ", a reminder of what a ONE club man has achieved, 270 plus games, Title, Captain, Rep honors and not even a tweet from the Club.

Your welcome. Deserved better..god they gave Lats a ceremonius farewall through the media just because he was good with them...how many games did he play for us again?
And someone should say to Mary. What is the difference between you & Ben.
Ben knew how to take his team as captain to a title on GF day...boom boom :)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It’s a good move for him. Escape the intense scrutiny of our rabid fan base and get a proper apprenticeship. This is something several others in our organisation should have done and who knows they might have made decent coaches.

George Dragon

Juniors
Your welcome. Deserved better..god they gave Lats a ceremonius farewall through the media just because he was good with them...how many games did he play for us again?
And someone should say to Mary. What is the difference between you & Ben.
Ben knew how to take his team as captain to a title on GF day...boom boom :)
Spot on
Its interesting how it works If Tyson was to leave at the end of the year for another club we will hear nothing. 8 years near 200 games means nothing but if Luke retires we will give him a farewell.

BLM01

First Grade
Spot on
Its interesting how it works If Tyson was to leave at the end of the year for another club we will hear nothing. 8 years near 200 games means nothing but if Luke retires we will give him a farewell.
I am telling you if we are lucky enough to get a good one our next CEO has got a huge job changing the whole structure and administartion and priorities of this club back to a positive and way forward

TruSaint

Referee
It’s a good move for him. Escape the intense scrutiny of our rabid fan base and get a proper apprenticeship. This is something several others in our organisation should have done and who knows they might have made decent coaches.

Blaming the fan base ?
Sorry, Nah.
Its a good move for HIM... yes. Our problems lie much deeper than our fans.

dragonhysteria

Juniors
Well
f**k me...

Well said! Now weren’t they banging on about culture as an outcome of the “review”? Seems that part is yet to be implemented. Shameful treatment of a true club legend!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Spot on

Just of topic a little, but George Dragon is there any word on who'll ciach the JF, isit still Talau?

blacksafake

First Grade
Great post:thumbsup:
The club is so amateurish & at times embarrassing.

On Ben, good luck to him at least he’s now in a good coaching structure with a professional club. It’s interesting that part of his role is being in charge of skills, something so lacking with our mob.

BLM01

First Grade
Well

Well said! Now weren’t they banging on about culture as an outcome of the “review”? Seems that part is yet to be implemented. Shameful treatment of a true club legend!
Culture..Cmon..We have won 11 in a row..culture is inbred...or so they still believe.
The Dragons have got more important things of concern about holidays and sending staff on wine soaked junkets so..Mary...well he learnt how to use a microphone so people hear him talking and to not wipe your feet before entering a building so they know what parts of the building you've walked in.

True_Believer

Juniors
Blaming the fan base ?
Sorry, Nah.
Its a good move for HIM... yes. Our problems lie much deeper than our fans.

Maybe Forbes is coming from a different angle, but you have to admit that Benny copped his fair share of shit on these forums. It wouldn't be hard to go back and find where someone's bagging the shit out of him for poor coaching or calling for his sacking.

It seems odd to me that it's all poor Benny now that Bennett has picked him up whereas barely a peep in the thread that highlights it - https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/football-department-review-finalised.478604/

I'm not suggesting the fans are to blame at all - just pointing out how fickle this place is.

Good luck to him. I admire him as a player, a Dragons captain and what is now considered very rare - a one club player. I think he'll do well as a coach eventually.

TruSaint

Referee
Maybe Forbes is coming from a different angle, but you have to admit that Benny copped his fair share of shit on these forums. It wouldn't be hard to go back and find where someone's bagging the shit out of him for poor coaching or calling for his sacking.

It seems odd to me that it's all poor Benny now that Bennett has picked him up whereas barely a peep in the thread that highlights it - https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/football-department-review-finalised.478604/

I'm not suggesting the fans are to blame at all - just pointing out how fickle this place is.

Good luck to him. I admire him as a player, a Dragons captain and what is now considered very rare - a one club player. I think he'll do well as a coach eventually.

Fair call. I am a little tired of the " unrealistic fan " argument. When in fact we are pretty frickin loyal.
Its not Forbes, its the general feeling that everyone other than the Club hierarchy are to blame. Anyway, all good. Hope you are well.

dragonhysteria

Juniors

I think it is more the way the club has handled the departure....admittedly not raised by fans until we see him in Souths gear.

Gareth67

First Grade

Furious - is a bit of an understatement buddy . The J.V. is an absolute joke , how long we can remain in the NRL is what concerns me whilst our pack of imbeciles are running the show .

To lose good up and coming young players to other clubs , assistant coaches whom imo were better than our current clown while continuing to prop him up with others is a travesty of justice. The Dragon hierarchy have blood on their hands as they and they alone are responsible for the fall from grace of the Big Red V .

Latest posts