What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 6 - Vs Sharks

callmack1

Staff member
Ughhh, finally we can put that dreadful afternoon last Saturday behind us and start focusing on the next game. Thank God there's always next week in Rugby League. This week, we take on the Sharks in another home game on Saturday night in an absolute must-win game. No if's or but's. No excuses. Just f**king win. If we can, well then, we still have a glimmer of hope leading into the bye. If not, then I think the Season is gone before it even really started. This is the make-or-break game. It's such a big night for us on Saturday, a monumental occasion for all the wrong reasons really.

I wouldn't really say I'm looking forward to this one. Somewhat dreading it in fact and I can't believe I'm actually saying that. It's depressing. Cronulla are looking pretty good. They're a side who can match it and beat anyone on their day, even the top sides, and that spells danger for us and our dreadful form. They'll smell blood in the water and will see this as a massive opportunity to heap more misery on us. What's more, they're fresh off a bye so we're in for a huge task this week in one of our tougher games of the year.

In saying that, I'm interested to see the response of the boys. The coach has been given a one-game ultimatum and the club is under massive pressure. Probably the most pressure I can ever remember in recent times. If we don't get a response this week, we simply never will, and you can probably right off the rest of the year. I just want to see the boys finally say, 'enough is enough,' and put a bit of Pride back in that Red and Green jersey. We're capable but it's unlikely. I just have no faith in our performances at the moment.

It's made even harder missing Trell this week but I'm looking forward to seeing Gray debut.

A monumental game and a monumental week, I'm going to be a nervous wreck come Saturday. The stakes have never been higher. Go and f**king deliver boys!

callmack1

Staff member

speedster

Juniors
I met Jye a couple of years ago in bad circumstances. He is an absolutely great kid and i wish he could have debuted in better circumstances. Go well Jye youre the future of this club.
I can't be more impressed by him from what I've seen so far. Duck to water. There's been a host of young rookies debut and blitz it in the NRL already this year. Let's see one of our own do the same.

speedster

Juniors
I agree with Slater about moving Cody to 7 and Jack to 6 to spark things. Have said this already in other threads. I would then also shift Tassy back to his preferred left side where he would be more effective and probably shift ITT to right centre as he was quite impressive at centre in Cup last year and his lack of speed is less exposed there compared to wing.

When Latrell is back, left centre is where I hope he plays meaning Tass back to right but for now, we need to just win.

Hellray

Juniors
I agree with Slater about moving Cody to 7 and Jack to 6 to spark things. Have said this already in other threads. I would then also shift Tassy back to his preferred left side where he would be more effective and probably shift ITT to right centre as he was quite impressive at centre in Cup last year and his lack of speed is less exposed there compared to wing.

When Latrell is back, left centre is where I hope he plays meaning Tass back to right but for now, we need to just win.
Cooper Cronk discussed that option last night, both are left footed kickers and are left side attackers, so you would need someone to play out of position. And expect quite a lot of 5th tackle kicks to go out on the full as they are kicking to their strong side.
It just won’t work, sadly we will need to stick with the soft halves pairing we have and hope it develops. Or drop Cody as his form is deserving of it and play Hawkins and wighton together.
It’s that or we start to look at Emanuel DiBartolo to come up from Flegg

speedster

Juniors
Cooper Cronk discussed that option last night, both are left footed kickers and are left side attackers, so you would need someone to play out of position. And expect quite a lot of 5th tackle kicks to go out on the full as they are kicking to their strong side.
It just won’t work, sadly we will need to stick with the soft halves pairing we have and hope it develops. Or drop Cody as his form is deserving of it and play Hawkins and wighton together.
It’s that or we start to look at Emanuel DiBartolo to come up from Flegg
Just cause you're a left foot kick, doesn't mean you can't kick accurately on the right side. Cody kicks lollypop nude kicks on both sides of the field all the time. At least Jack can hoist a big ball with some fizz on it. I don't buy that argument at all.

speedster

Juniors
Cook and Duncan not in the top 17. Very interesting
Tough on Duncan but I can only think the plan is to play Murray for 80 so Tallis is therefore not required? Didn't think he'd drop Cooky. Wants more creativity out of dummy half I guess after Egan gave us a bath from dh last week.

Thumper

Juniors
Hawkins. Is he f**king kidding.
he can’t catch. He can’t kick.
nice knowing you JD. Rusty get the helicopter ready for Wayne. He will be using it a bit next year.

Hellray

Juniors
Tough on Duncan but I can only think the plan is to play Murray for 80 so Tallis is therefore not required? Didn't think he'd drop Cooky. Wants more creativity out of dummy half I guess after Egan gave us a bath from dh last week.
Yeah I was thinking he could be getting the Moale treatment, going back to play some bulk minutes to get his match fitness up.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday is normally one of my favourite days of the week that I get excited for. Can't say I was excited for this one. Interested, but not excited.

I must say, it certainly is interesting! Big changes. So happy to see Jye and Ty Ty in there! Finally, we have some speed. I hope they go really well. Mamo in with Cook fully dropped. Wowww that's big news. Glad to see a senior player finally getting a kick up the arse but I didn't expect Cooky to be fully dropped. Wow. Over to you Pete.

Also glad to see JD has picked a bench with a bit of size on it again, Shaq is a big in and I hope Davvy carries on from his NSW Cup game. However, dropping Tallis? Seriously JD? What the heck?! He did nothing wrong at all, one of the only forwards aside from Cam who competes no matter what and has a bit of spark. Dropping the poor kid while still picking Chee Kam is just f**king ridiculous. JD, you have to go.

An interesting line up that I'm mostly happy with. But the dropping of Duncan just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

callmack1

Staff member

All class from Jack there. Love this bloke.

Steenson123

Juniors
Munro Gray and Mamezoulos are all promising but they are coming into a squad with a dead Coach and sans any form at all. We can only wish them well.
Interesting to listen to B. Slater discuss this team. Very interesting indeed. He appears very keen on the quality of personnel and his analysis is very detailed. He would start by pairing Walker-Jack as halves. One on the left the other on the right to get Walker quote "out of his comfort zone". He likes young Gray too and hinted Murray has been asked to do too much.
One wonders if Club Management have ever spoken to Slater about a long term deal. Given that he seems to like the players, management would be crazy not to entertain Slater as the long term HC. Crowe should make a dinner date with the man, a real leader and winner.

Steenson123

Juniors
Well
Just cause you're a left foot kick, doesn't mean you can't kick accurately on the right side. Cody kicks lollypop nude kicks on both sides of the field all the time. At least Jack can hoist a big ball with some fizz on it. I don't buy that argument at all.
Well spotted re Weighton. He does have a huge punt hard to take but Demetriou has never even entertained that thought. It just illustrates what a dope the man is. If you have A Grade resources, USE them!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Cook and Duncan not in the top 17. Very interesting
JD does not know what he is doing.
He "promised" Mamzuelos that he was going to feature this year, yet he has done nothing to warrant it.
JD's forwards rotations suck.
He is trying to act like the tough coach, but the people he should be holding to account, he lays off them.
The sooner he goes, the better, I'm done

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yeah I was thinking he could be getting the Moale treatment, going back to play some bulk minutes to get his match fitness up.
I mean, honestly, that is a piss poor excuse and reason.
He doesn't know what he is doing.
He is drowning, and clutching at straws.

Last edited:

Latest posts