What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 6 - Vs Sharks

Rabbits20

Immortal

I understand Cooky being angry and disappointed, I think anyone would, but I can't disagree with his dropping. He's been awful. Play better Cooky, it's as simple as that.

I thought he was good against Manly and Dogs games but other 3 games not so good.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Why not? Give ownership of the team to Hawkins and anyone who doesn't want to get in line can play NSW Cup.
Sure, lets keep giving ownership of the team to the 6 who also missed 4 tackles, also made 3 errors and can only set up the team from an attacking set piece.
If you are talking about dropping players who are not performing, Koloamatangi should have been the first forward dropped. He has been absolutely woeful all 5 games. Soft, lazy, getting smashed.
He signed a big contact and has been shit ever since. How many more excuses we gonna make for him?

Thadius

Juniors
It's true, Keaon has been very lazy and disappointing since he got selected for the Blues and got a contract upgrade.

Thought the sky was going to be the limit for him, but he appears to be merely copping the dough.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
It's true, Keaon has been very lazy and disappointing since he got selected for the Blues and got a contract upgrade.

Thought the sky was going to be the limit for him, but he appears to be merely copping the dough.
I'm hopeful he can turn it around.
With a new coach
And a decent play-making half that can feed him good ball

Steenson123

Juniors
I'd have dropped Hawkins and moved Jack to 6, Cody to 7 but JD has rolled the dice.

I must admit to being somewhat conflicted about the result in this one if I'm honest. On the one hand, I always want Souths to win but on the other hand, I want there to be change as I've run out of patience with JD unfortunately and if we win, he sticks around a little longer which could cost us the preferred replacement.

Terrible feeling.

But, GO SOUTHS!
You have summarised it perfectly. We hurt to see our club in the sewer BUT change has been required for over 6 months, since last June. The fact management failed to make the necessary change is a further indictment upon them. Not extending Alf Reynolds for just two season was an even worse decision. One wonders: where is R.Crowe in all this? Does he have a rescue plan? Does he have other pressing priorities because right now this club needs a LEADER. A Plan and a Leader.

callmack1

Staff member

This game just feels kind of weird. For maybe the first time ever, certainly the first time in a while, I'm going into this game without any real feeling. I don't feel super excited, fired up or pumped because of the current predicament. But I'm also not nervous at all, also probably because of the current predicament.

I'm excited for little parts of it, like Gray's debut, Munro returning, and seeing how Pete fares, but I think for the most part, I'm just very mid for this game.

In saying that, I'd be over the moon and very relieved if we win! And I will support them as hard as I possibly can.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You have summarised it perfectly. We hurt to see our club in the sewer BUT change has been required for over 6 months, since last June. The fact management failed to make the necessary change is a further indictment upon them. Not extending Alf Reynolds for just two season was an even worse decision. One wonders: where is R.Crowe in all this? Does he have a rescue plan? Does he have other pressing priorities because right now this club needs a LEADER. A Plan and a Leader.
But how many games has Reynolds missed because of injury since the beginning of last year?
You seem to forget, that we were top of the comp at the half way mark last year, not withstanding, the hardest draw in the league up to then, JD was coach then, and Illias was halfback.

speedster

Juniors
But how many games has Reynolds missed because of injury since the beginning of last year?
You seem to forget, that we were top of the comp at the half way mark last year, not withstanding, the hardest draw in the league up to then, JD was coach then, and Illias was halfback.
JD deserves credit for the season and a half up to midway through last year but also the almost full season's worth of games since then. It could be argued that he took over a team that was flying on the back of the previous coach and kept the airship gliding along until the effects of the previous coach wore off and it was entirely up to him to generate new momentum after which, he has guided us into a ditch.

Eric the great

Juniors
What is the matter with you the club is in probably the worst position it has been in for years now your questioning Russel Crowe go find a hole and slither into it

Steenson123

Juniors
Sorry I do remember! I had put over $1000 on them to win it all before they reached that 8-3 mark... then it collapsed. I also recall feeling absolutely weird and depressed that such a squad would melt like it did, despite the horrific schedule. After that 8-3 mark came Weighton then Sam B's dismissal. I knew then the Coach has lost the squad, its done.
Yes Alf Reynolds is injury prone however I believe he is much more of a LEADER than a guy like Murray. That leadership is exactly what this club needs. Genuine leaders. Really who would you want at your party? Reynolds who loves to stir and talk or Murray who is still a schoolboy in character?

Steenson123

Juniors
W
What is the matter with you the club is in probably the worst position it has been in for years now your questioning Russel Crowe go find a hole and slither into it
What exactly are you on about Pal?
The club has NO LEADERSHIP either ON the park or off the park. Period. The Coach is a dummy, Murray has no charisma no leader of men skill, so where exactly does the required leadership stem from? Crowe revived this establishment years ago through so called passion, surely he has opinons on the next required move. If not the club is likely doomed for years to come.

speedster

Juniors
Kind of comical, again the media couldn’t focus on the game trying to make the story bigger. I get it but he made it clear with his first response he wouldn’t answer that question but these parasites just kept pushing it
At least he is maintaining his dignity and composure in all of this and being himself. Got to give him that.

Eric the great

Juniors
W

What exactly are you on about Pal?
The club has NO LEADERSHIP either ON the park or off the park. Period. The Coach is a dummy, Murray has no charisma no leader of men skill, so where exactly does the required leadership stem from? Crowe revived this establishment years ago through so called passion, surely he has opinons on the next required move. If not the club is likely doomed for years to come.
Hey I’m not your pal and I don’t care if you have a gambling problem and are depressed sounds like a you problem

callmack1

Staff member

Wow. We certainly haven't seen anything like that from JD ever. Wow, I'm kind of shocked he did that because it's just not 'him.' However, I can't say I blame him. As a person, this would be an incredibly tough time that would really be effecting him behind closed doors. As a coach, we all know he has to go, but as a person, I really feel for him.

That media conference would have been extremely tough so I think he handled it the best he could.

Aside from all that, I hope the boys are extremely pumped for a big performance tomorrow. It could be a defining night in our Season.

Everyone looks extremely relaxed and happy there in the warm up today. Like, really happy and relaxed. Is that a good or a bad thing?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Sorry I do remember! I had put over $1000 on them to win it all before they reached that 8-3 mark... then it collapsed. I also recall feeling absolutely weird and depressed that such a squad would melt like it did, despite the horrific schedule. After that 8-3 mark came Weighton then Sam B's dismissal. I knew then the Coach has lost the squad, its done.
Yes Alf Reynolds is injury prone however I believe he is much more of a LEADER than a guy like Murray. That leadership is exactly what this club needs. Genuine leaders. Really who would you want at your party? Reynolds who loves to stir and talk or Murray who is still a schoolboy in character?
Look, I get the point you are trying to make, Murray's leadership, or more specifically, his communication, needs to be stronger, agreed.