What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 6 - Vs Sharks

Artiste

Bench
Listen to Mal laughing and gloating , knowing he’s about to take a man’s job
Wow he’s an even bigger f**kwit than I already thought!
Edit: * thinking * he’s taking a man’s job

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
At least one positive came out of tonight's game.
Jye Gray.
And hopefully Latrell has played his last game at fullback.
Whoever is the coach when Trell's suspension ends needs to tell him he's playing centre, and Jye is going to continue playing FB

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Listen to Mal laughing and gloating , knowing he’s about to take a man’s job
Wow he’s an even bigger f**kwit than I already thought!
Edit: * thinking * he’s taking a man’s job
BS, he did nothing of the sort.
You must be hearing and mentally impaired, you missed him saying he was very uncomfortable talking about the team or to the players like Cody.
Crawl back into the rectal hole you came from f...ing wanker.

Artiste

Bench
BS, he did nothing of the sort.
You must be hearing and mentally impaired, you missed him saying he was very uncomfortable talking about the team or to the players like Cody.
Crawl back into the rectal hole you came from f...ing wanker.
Bahaha sorry Mrs Meninga

Steenson123

Juniors
With the Bye week, now the necessary transition must begin.
If the choice is Hornby then begin the process right away.
Still 18 games remaining. The goal should be to re-establish 80 minute efforts, reduce errors when in the opponent's red zone and defend much better.
One thing is certain. Demetriou's stint here has ended. Keep holding onto him and the 5 defeats thus far will soon be 10, and growing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And proud of the boys for showing resilience they could’ve gave up they didn’t.

We were down to 14 on the bench the last 50mins.

Tatola broken foot and Munro collar bone again were sour notes.

How the Sharks guy wasn’t sin binned for concussing Murray is a joke. Had Sharks fans laughing in our bay when Jye and Cam came off for their HIA’s so I told them off!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Jeez that was a night that can only be described as torrid. That's the best way I can describe it. Just a tough, torrid game where just about everything went against us. It was a really tough watch and I just felt so flat the whole game. This wasn't because we were playing terribly this time, it was because of everything that seemed to go wrong.

You certainly can't fault the boys' effort last night. They showed more effort and spirit than they have in probably any other game so far this Season. Three players ruled out in the first half, down to one man on the bench, and we had a number of other HIA's. A completely reshuffled side. We had no right to be in that game for as long as we were, but the lads just hung in there and really tried so I can't fault that.

However, despite the effort, I can't say I'm proud of them. It shows you just how far we've fallen when people say they're proud of that performance. We still looked pedestrian for much of the game, we concede 34 points which is simply not acceptable, and you just felt the whole game that we weren't going to win against a Sharks side who seemed like they were in second gear. It was a sad state of affairs.

Just a depressing watch really. Like I say, plenty of effort there but it's still not a performance I can accept.

It shouldn't be enough to keep JD in the job.

callmack1

Staff member

Dumb mistakes at crucial times turning the ball over in strong positions, then backing it up with a soft, lackadaisical defensive set leading to a try.
Yes we chased the score but we keep f**king up. The lack of urgency from some is killing us too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Katoa grade 2 high tackle on Murray I still say he should’ve been sin binned. He misses a week with an early guilty plea.

Thadius

Juniors
Cronulla were crap, just that Souths were worse.

Keaon lazy as ever.

Mamouzelos offers SFA.

Hawkins defence was again putrid and he belongs in reggies.

Only Tom, Jack and Jai earned their pay cheques.

A terrible performance by Souths, you cannot gloss it over.

As to JD, he just got a slight reprieve and I think I know why. It gives Souths the easy out keeping JD a tad longer.

If Hornby or Mal were to take over tomorrow, it won’t make the slightest difference when facing Storm & Penruff, as we’d still get the tripe belted out of us regardless.

This way, after the Penruff game, the club can say enough is enough and put the newbie in place for the Saints game…a significantly more attractive proposition.

handyman2190

Bench
Cronulla were crap, just that Souths were worse.

Keaon lazy as ever.

Mamouzelos offers SFA.

Hawkins defence was again putrid and he belongs in reggies.

Only Tom, Jack and Jai earned their pay cheques.

A terrible performance by Souths, you cannot gloss it over.

As to JD, he just got a slight reprieve and I think I know why. It gives Souths the easy out keeping JD a tad longer.

If Hornby or Mal were to take over tomorrow, it won’t make the slightest difference when facing Storm & Penruff, as we’d still get the tripe belted out of us regardless.

This way, after the Penruff game, the club can say enough is enough and put the newbie in place for the Saints game…a significantly more attractive proposition.
Do you know what your talking about? Jai didnt play how did he earn his cheque? Go back to dreamland

assess5

Juniors
It was a real pleasure to watch a Souths fullback carry the ball back with a bit of an effort, on Saturday night, in fact a fullback who made immense effort in everything he attempted.

That's the difference between Gray and Mitchell.

Gray made huge efforts in all aspects of his game.
Maybe it was because it was his first NRL game, we'll see.

Mitchell has NOT made any sort of effort unless it was easy and of benefit to Mitchell - by this I mean it appeared a try would result if he just barged over.
That is the difference. People in the media, like Gallen for example, or the coaching staff, or whomever, can make all the excuses they like.
It doesn't mean a sack of beans to me.
When you get right down to it Mitchell is paid one million dollars a year to play a game.
A silly bloody game.
People like me work all their lives for a pittance compared to Mitchell and we know what happens if we don't perform - everybody knows what happens if there is a lack of performance.

Get rid of him - no more excuses - bye bye Latrell - go some were and FIND yourself - stop bothering us.

Steenson123

Juniors
T
Dumb mistakes at crucial times turning the ball over in strong positions, then backing it up with a soft, lackadaisical defensive set leading to a try.
Yes we chased the score but we keep f**king up. The lack of urgency from some is killing us too.
The turnovers have been happening since May last year.
They are on dopey Demetriou.
Listen all you "oh happy with the effort. Excited re Gray..."
The team is tailed off for a reason. The club is busted, wrong training, dopey Coach. Why are so many INJURED??
Nada will change under Demetriou. He is a freakin dummy, a dope and whilst the just-as-dumb Management leave him there the squad will ROT further. Who can bear his pathetic, repetitive pressers they are pathetic!! CALLMACK himself has often pointed this out, even he is sick of the same poubelle!!
The team's record will end something like 4-20. If you are fine with that, and many key players always injured, then go ahead continue with your heads in the sand. Keep backing a dope like Demetriou.
I watched Sam B's Warrington smash St Helens last night. The players ran hard tackled hard and looked to create when in possession. St Helens beat Penrith last season at Penrith, strong form. They have been a dominant side but Burgess made them look weak. The aggressive running and kicking was highly impressive, great to observe.

Latest posts