What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 6 - Vs Sharks

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sure, lets keep giving ownership of the team to the 6 who also missed 4 tackles, also made 3 errors and can only set up the team from an attacking set piece.

Its the new South Sydney way mate. We just blame our juniors and our senior players stay protected. Illias copped the blame last year.. Hawkins will cop the blame this year..

Not everyone that comes into first grade is Cameron Murray or Lachlan Galvin...

callmack1

Staff member
Take a deep breath as you wake up this morning, then get up and get your colours on because we've finally reached that day of the week we all wait for. That's right, it's game day my fellow members and fans!!! Tonight, we take on the Sharks in what is a massive game. A very significant one for our Season as the consequences of the result in this one could be massive. It is a game that will potentially decide our coach's future, and this could potentially be Season defining. There's a lot on the line tonight.

This is one of the more somber build ups to a game I can remember and I must be honest, I'm not feeling super confident about this game. In fact, I'm quite concerned. I just feel really strange about this game day. Normally I wake up super pumped, excited and nervous and that feeling builds as you get closer to kick off, but today I just feel very neutral and flat. Kind of emotionless. I think that's because I know what to expect now and it's not going to be a pretty watch I don't think. I also think that the whole JD situation is playing its part in that. Like, I always want to win no matter what, always, but the coach needs to go and if we do win, does that mean he doesn't go? It's a weird situation and a weird feeling. I don't know.

What I do know is that Cronulla are going to come into this game as very strong favourites and rightly so. They come in with so much confidence, they're playing pretty solid Footy at the moment and on paper, the sides are pretty even, but on form, it's not even close. They are far, far more in form right now and I'm sure the Sharks will smell blood in the water and will be ready to inflict further pain on us. They have a much more in form forward pack, lead by Cam McInnes and backed up by some quality forwards in Wilton, Nikora and Hazelton. Then, they have a far more potent backline than us and if we don't sort our shit out, Mulitalo, Katoa, Kennedy and Ramien will tear us apart on the edges. Then, the scariest part is their halfback, Hynes. I'm having nightmares just thinking about what he might do to us. Jeez, this will be tough tonight.

In saying that, our side is capable of getting a famous win tonight. If we could somehow do it, it'd go down in history as one of our best ever given the circumstances. This is the kind of game where I just want to see a response. I'm burning for the boys to finally wake up, say 'enough is enough,' and just go out there and play our Footy the way we know we are capable of playing. Show us some grit, show us some friggin pride, show us some resilience, show us some want and some effort; heck, just show us something tonight please boys!! The biggest thing is errors. We have shown in 2024 that when we respect the Footy, keep our focus and hold it, we can compete and be in games up to our eyeballs so that is the key today. Just hold the friggin ball and complete! We cannot gift this Cronulla side opportunities and we cannot make it hard for ourselves. This is all about working yourself back into form and if you keep dropping the ball, you give yourself no chance to do that. It sounds so simple, but our boys have so far shown a complete lack of ability to do that so I'm not confident they can. I feel like I've said the same thing every game and it just doesn't happen.

This is probably the first ever time I've written a game day morning preview and not been hyped or even somewhat excited, but I guess it just shows the current predicament the club is in. I still back our boys all the way, and I will do that til the day I die no matter what. Come kick off tonight, I'll be screaming at the TV and baying for a win. But I'm just not confident today, I'd love the boys to prove that wrong.

Have a crack lads!

Glory, Glory.

callmack1

Staff member

This is the positive story to come out of tonight and one of the only things I'm genuinely really excited about. Can't wait to see this kid debut and I hope he tears it up out there and shows us some spark. I know he'll give it everything he possibly can and I really, really hope a star is born tonight but we'll see!

Congrats Jye!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are everyone Game Day is here. Get your colours on everyone. I must say I have a flat feeling but I’m still going out there tonight to support the boys in the best way possible. It’s no secret we have been officially a club in turmoil and crisis. It’s pretty much JD last game as coach regardless of the result and I must say I do feel for JD as a human being. So we are coming into this 1 and 4 not ideal at all having leaked 162 points it’s just unacceptable. We meet a Sharks team who have been playing well coming off the bye they will be fresh. I also live in the Shire and I’d love to get one over these guys that’s for sure and wipe the smug look off their faces. Regardless of JD going the players also need to take some accountability for their performances and rally together and show some pride in the jersey grit and determination. I’m calling on all Souths members and fans get out there tonight and make plenty of noise let’s stick by our team as we do even in the God damn ugly times. I’m not expecting a win but you never know if we can do it tonight I will be very emotional it would be a famous South Sydney win! The odds aren’t lIkely but let’s hope we are belting out Glory Glory together shoulder to shoulder in the stands come Full Time.

Looking at the Sharks they have strike all over the park Hynes, Trindall in the halves, strong fast wingers and Ramien and young Iro who is a young gun in the centres. They also solid middles even with 3-4 guys out they field a strong pack with McInnes, Nikora, Hazleton, Oregon etc…. There is talk Rudolf is back tonight as well. So clock off and they will hurt us. Looking at us who would’ve thought Gray, Cody, Hawko and Mamozoules would be the spine going into this one. Big opportunities tonight for Pete and Jye on debut and I hope they go very well. We welcome back Munro too he will be underdone but as we know he’s so fast and talented. Firstly for us our forwards must aim up in the middle then we have a chance. We must hold the ball as well and tighten our defence up which is partly an attitude thing. Get out there Souths and improve in the effort areas as well. Show some energy and enthusiasm please Souths. Got out there lethargic and disinterested and we will get what’s coming to us.

Not long til the players come out here onto Rabbitohs home turf great to see so much Red and Green in the stands we love to see it. Lets get that South Sydney chant going around Accor Stadium for the full 80mins tonight let’s do everything we can in the stands let’s play our part in helping get the boys home tonight. Also a special mention to Jye Gray on debut tonight such an exciting and special moment!

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel….. Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks…………

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…………

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET!!! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YA FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT!!! HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBIIIITTTOOOHHSSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK ASHLEY

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL OFFSIDE ASHLEY

PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE ASHLEY

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY HIGH TACKLE

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW SECOND EFFORT AND LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN CMON ASHLEY

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAM ASHLEY BBBOOOOOOOOO

FORWARD BOOOOOOOO THATS A FORWARD PASS BBBOOOOOOOOO

WHY ARE WE BACK 12 METRES AND THEY ARE BACK 9 METRES CMON ASHLEY

TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK MATE BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

P.S one thing I know about Souths members like me is we are resilient we will stick together through thick and thin! Let’s hope the boys give us plenty to cheer about tonight!!!

Hellray

Juniors

Well here we are everyone Game Day is here. Get your colours on everyone. I must say I have a flat feeling but I’m still going out there tonight to support the boys in the best way possible. It’s no secret we have been officially a club in turmoil and crisis. It’s pretty much JD last game as coach regardless of the result and I must say I do feel for JD as a human being. So we are coming into this 1 and 4 not ideal at all having leaked 162 points it’s just unacceptable. We meet a Sharks team who have been playing well coming off the bye they will be fresh. I also live in the Shire and I’d love to get one over these guys that’s for sure and wipe the smug look off their faces. Regardless of JD going the players also need to take some accountability for their performances and rally together and show some pride in the jersey grit and determination. I’m calling on all Souths members and fans get out there tonight and make plenty of noise let’s stick by our team as we do even in the God damn ugly times. I’m not expecting a win but you never know if we can do it tonight I will be very emotional it would be a famous South Sydney win! The odds aren’t lIkely but let’s hope we are belting out Glory Glory together shoulder to shoulder in the stands come Full Time.

Looking at the Sharks they have strike all over the park Hynes, Trindall in the halves, strong fast wingers and Ramien and young Iro who is a young gun in the centres. They also solid middles even with 3-4 guys out they field a strong pack with McInnes, Nikora, Hazleton, Oregon etc…. There is talk Rudolf is back tonight as well. So clock off and they will hurt us. Looking at us who would’ve thought Gray, Cody, Hawko and Mamozoules would be the spine going into this one. Big opportunities tonight for Pete and Jye on debut and I hope they go very well. We welcome back Munro too he will be underdone but as we know he’s so fast and talented. Firstly for us our forwards must aim up in the middle then we have a chance. We must hold the ball as well and tighten our defence up which is partly an attitude thing. Get out there Souths and improve in the effort areas as well. Show some energy and enthusiasm please Souths. Got out there lethargic and disinterested and we will get what’s coming to us.

Not long til the players come out here onto Rabbitohs home turf great to see so much Red and Green in the stands we love to see it. Lets get that South Sydney chant going around Accor Stadium for the full 80mins tonight let’s do everything we can in the stands let’s play our part in helping get the boys home tonight. Also a special mention to Jye Gray on debut tonight such an exciting and special moment!

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel….. Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks…………

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…………

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET!!! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YA FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT!!! HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBIIIITTTOOOHHSSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK ASHLEY

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL OFFSIDE ASHLEY

PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE ASHLEY

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY HIGH TACKLE

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW SECOND EFFORT AND LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN CMON ASHLEY

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAM ASHLEY BBBOOOOOOOOO

FORWARD BOOOOOOOO THATS A FORWARD PASS BBBOOOOOOOOO

WHY ARE WE BACK 12 METRES AND THEY ARE BACK 9 METRES CMON ASHLEY

TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK MATE BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

P.S one thing I know about Souths members like me is we are resilient we will stick together through thick and thin! Let’s hope the boys give us plenty to cheer about tonight!!!
Still will always rep the team always with pride….

IMG_1801.jpeg

Travitoh

First Grade
How good's a 4 forward bench?
I'm a dribbler sat in front of a tv and even I've been able to see for the last 5 years or so that a backline utility option on the bench is a necessity when picking a 17.

speedster

Juniors
On top of the Graham sternum debacle, we now have Munro returning from a collarbone injury and lasts just a few minutes before doing it again. Who is responsible for this gross injury mismanagement? How bad?

Hellray

Juniors
On top of the Graham sternum debacle, we now have Munro returning from a collarbone injury and lasts just a few minutes before doing it again. Who is responsible for this gross injury mismanagement? How bad?
I’m sure he has come back earlier than last reported also which makes these even more concerning. Who cleared him to play?

i don’t if it’s just me but does Shaq seem to look extra heavy this week? Seems to be carrying a few extra kilos on field.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
We have got to find a right winger that can replace Milne.
2 of those 3 tries were his fault jamming in, and then with the ball, doesn't have the speed to get around the outside and gets bundled in to touch before the try line

Hellray

Juniors
We have got to find a right winger that can replace Milne.
2 of those 3 tries were his fault jamming in, and then with the ball, doesn't have the speed to get around the outside and gets bundled in to touch before the try line
The injuries is the reason he is there though. Johnston and Munro are the first choice and also one of our other young guys in Mellars is injured also.
Milne tries extra hard in D because he knows how horrible his half back inside him is. Hawkins has missed 4 tackles already.

Latest posts