What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 8 - Vs Storm

callmack1

Staff member
Another Monday rolls around which means it's game week once again. I hope the boys took good advantage of the bye to rest up, get their bodies and minds right, and I hope we used the week wisely to work on our game and hopefully fix a few things.

This week, we bounce into what is a very, very special week as it's Anzac Round. One of the most special Rounds of the year where we remember and commemorate those who laid down their lives for our freedom. It's an incredibly important and special Round. It's made even more special this year by the fact that we have the honor of actually playing on Anzac Day for the first time since 2014. That's going to be pretty damn special. What's more, we're playing in Melbourne, and they always do such a good job of Anzac Day, so I'm pumped for that!

We take on the Storm in this one and to be honest, I'm not holding out much hope. We're going pretty terribly, and the Storm have proven that yet again, they are one of the top teams this year. They look on fire with a team stacked full of superstars. We look severely depleted. What's more, we're playing in Melbourne where we have never, ever one in something like 13 games throughout history, and the Storm always lift it up a notch on Anzac Day. So, it's monumental occasion and a monumental task that right now, looks damn near impossible.

But hey, you never know. If we can somehow channel the Anzac spirit, and we used the bye well, anything could happen, right? Right? It won't happen, I know it won't but just imagine if this was the year we got our first ever win in Melbourne. Just imagine that on Anzac Day and given the way we're going and the team we'll put out. It'd be one for the ages and would hopefully kick-start our Season. We can only dream....

I know it's not going to be pretty, but somehow, I'm still looking forward to it. Such a special Round, and such a special day to play on.

Lest we forget.

callmack1

Staff member

Cam's actually got me a little fired up after that!!

Gonna be great to have Jaiza back! Boy, do we need him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Tatola out is a massive loss I think Jai is going to have to be a starting prop with Burgess or we're going to get destroyed through the middle. I hope JD considers starting cook and having Pete off the bench or vice versa I'm not a massive fan of the 80 minute hooker in this current NRL era.

Dave Furner as a defensive coach is interesting. Him and JD were assistants at the cowboys when they won the grand final. We need to stop leaking 30 points a game to start winning.

Hellray

Juniors
So Gagai is reported to be getting the vacant wing spot left by Munro.
Moale to possibly start for Tatola
Arrow to start in the second row for Host
And cook to come off the bench.

could the boys look at possibly moving Keon back into the front row as they did last year though?
Leave host and arrow in the back row.
Moale to come off the bench.

Penrith fan

Juniors
The Rabbitohs are set to recall axed hooker Damien Cook after his shock omission led to a stint in reserve grade.

Round 6 Rabbitohs team: 1. Jye Gray 2. Tyrone Munro 3. Jack Wighton 4. Isaiah Tass 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Dean Hawkins 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Peter Mamouzelos 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Michael Chee Kam 15. Siliva Havili 16. Shaquai Mitchell 17. Davvy Moale

Team Tips: Tevita Tatola is out for an extended period with a fractured foot. His omission will see Davvy Moale or Shaquai Mitchell slot into the front row. Tyrone Munro also broke his collarbone, meaning Izack Thompson could return on the wing. Jai Arrow is still likely a week away from returning and could be named ahead of Round 9. Latrell Mitchell is one more game away from returning from a suspension. Meanwhile, Damien Cook is also set to return according to the SMH’s Michael Chammas which would see Peter Mamouzelos drop out of the side.

Steenson123

Juniors
Melbourne and The Witch [Bellamy] by 30+. Something like 46-12. Or more.
The club refuses to begin making the necessary changes. It starts with sacking dopey Demetriou. He keeps stating how hard he works. So what? He LOST the change room 10 months ago. He has torpedoed the club.
Players saying Re Demetriou... "oh I have got his back... and I know he has mine " is merely garbage discourse. So what?
This season will live long as one of the club's worst ever, particularly given the roster's potential. Johnston will be very fortunate to even make it to 200, which he should have done easily. The injuries will pile up and the embarrassments deepen.
However, one can capitalise on the egregious predicament. Back the opponent to win big because that is the reality of a deceased squad.

Steenson123

Juniors
The c
Tatola out is a massive loss I think Jai is going to have to be a starting prop with Burgess or we're going to get destroyed through the middle. I hope JD considers starting cook and having Pete off the bench or vice versa I'm not a massive fan of the 80 minute hooker in this current NRL era.

Dave Furner as a defensive coach is interesting. Him and JD were assistants at the cowboys when they won the grand final. We need to stop leaking 30 points a game to start winning.
The sqaud will continue with its No Defense Policy until there is serious change. Every game they surrender at least 5-6 scores. It starts with the Coach and eliminating porous effort. Furner will make zero difference. The players already KNOW the season is a train wreck so how can we expect any serious rebound? What possibly can the players target, other than trying [for a max. 50 mins a game] not to finish tailed off?

Furner has massive task in front of him to change the mental mindset and like all new arrivals will take some time to work things out.

A lot of the defensive structure has crumbled into the dust in recent times, I can see fatigue from the older guys…while fresh meat is still learning.

AJ is not the force of the past, but he’s not alone.

We all said Wightion wasn’t going to have the impact the club thought he would and that’s come to pass.

There’s some players going Ok, but they can’t reach optimum when others are in holiday mode.

It’s not a well balanced side, that’s its real problem. People got their sums wrong and backed the wrong players.

The Cooke dilemma is a difficult one. He’s not the force he once was, but I would have rested him instead of dropped him.
He took a particular dislike to it and maybe after his many years of loyal service, it was time to give something back.

It’s not an attractive club to join right now. The perception remains its internally fractured. There will be another rebuild thing, JD will have to go.

It may get be time to issue a few ultimatums, swap and cut your losses.

Thumper

Juniors
Furner has massive task in front of him to change the mental mindset and like all new arrivals will take some time to work things out.

A lot of the defensive structure has crumbled into the dust in recent times, I can see fatigue from the older guys…while fresh meat is still learning.

AJ is not the force of the past, but he’s not alone.

We all said Wightion wasn’t going to have the impact the club thought he would and that’s come to pass.

There’s some players going Ok, but they can’t reach optimum when others are in holiday mode.

It’s not a well balanced side, that’s its real problem. People got their sums wrong and backed the wrong players.

The Cooke dilemma is a difficult one. He’s not the force he once was, but I would have rested him instead of dropped him.
He took a particular dislike to it and maybe after his many years of loyal service, it was time to give something back.

It’s not an attractive club to join right now. The perception remains its internally fractured. There will be another rebuild thing, JD will have to go.

It may get be time to issue a few ultimatums, swap and cut your losses.
Wighton has been best on ground most of his games.

speedster

Juniors
Miracles do happen and I would love the fairytale to come true this week where we nab our first ever win in Melbourne in the unlikeliest of circumstances but to be honest, even if we compete well, I struggle to see how we can defend Melbourne's aerial assault of super leapers Coates 194cm and Warbrick 193cm up against 183cm Milne on one side and 170cm fullback Jye Gray who they will obviously target with a barrage of high balls.

They are one of several top teams that are finely tuned at having their chasers arrive right when their precision high balls come down. I think just about every try scored in the Storm-Roosters match last week were from bombs and clean ups by both sides. They will be licking their lips looking at our defusal squad. We must pressure their halves and limit the time they have to bombard Gray and Milne.

Meanwhile the only thing worse than our kick is our chase. Sometimes the best way to counter a ploy that you can't stop is to get your own back and score a few of your own. How about a grubber for little Jye on their line? He'd have the advantage there.

doyen

Bench
The sooner Sths off-load COOK the better---he's a "fairweather" player---great when his team is on top but HOPELESS when the going gets tough--one of the worst players ever to get a rep guernsey ,IMO ! Sths will never win a comp as long as Cook is there--a liability under pressure !!

The sooner Sths off-load COOK the better---he's a "fairweather" player---great when his team is on top but HOPELESS when the going gets tough--one of the worst players ever to get a rep guernsey ,IMO ! Sths will never win a comp as long as Cook is there--a liability under pressure !!

Thats the spirit Mr Doyen mass sackings need to happen starting from silly solly down sack dudmetriou now what cant you see souths? we are coming 16th with two good floggings ahead.

Miracles do happen and I would love the fairytale to come true this week where we nab our first ever win in Melbourne in the unlikeliest of circumstances but to be honest, even if we compete well, I struggle to see how we can defend Melbourne's aerial assault of super leapers Coates 194cm and Warbrick 193cm up against 183cm Milne on one side and 170cm fullback Jye Gray who they will obviously target with a barrage of high balls.

They are one of several top teams that are finely tuned at having their chasers arrive right when their precision high balls come down. I think just about every try scored in the Storm-Roosters match last week were from bombs and clean ups by both sides. They will be licking their lips looking at our defusal squad. We must pressure their halves and limit the time they have to bombard Gray and Milne.

Meanwhile the only thing worse than our kick is our chase. Sometimes the best way to counter a ploy that you can't stop is to get your own back and score a few of your own. How about a grubber for little Jye on their line? He'd have the advantage there.

Dud ceo dud coach dud half back shall I go on?

callmack1

Staff member