What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

rabbitohs95

Bench
This season or next?
Always liked Glenn despite him being a Bronco. A good honest toiler for the donkeys who does his job without fanfare. He'll probably be put straight on the dud list if he comes though
Nice little story involving Glenn and myself.

Currently doing a ba in journalism and had to do an interview assignment for an event. Decided to go to the Pacific Test triple header in Campbelltown.

At halftime during the Tonga vs Fiji match (the second game) I decided to go for a walk to conduct a few interviews, and who do I find but none other than Cook Islands captain Alex Glenn just about to board the team bus.

I quickly got a few words out of him and he was more than happy to comply. Had some great answers and was a pleasure to talk to and even shook my hand afterwards. Got a lot of respect for the man since then.

Don't think we need him but he'd be a great addition both on and off the field.

Travitoh

First Grade
I completely understand your concern shadow it's the same concern I have. But a combination of 2 running 5/8ths does promote a disaster. I don't know whether Reynolds will ever return to his 2014 form though. But I also feel as if we can't afford both Reynolds and Maloney on the cap. Our halves situation is.. difficult.

I believe that we will and the mess that our cap is currently in could help there.
We must have money to spend if we get Maloney and AR's current contract would be undervalued in terms of the current market.
In his current form he doesn't warrant an upgrade and by the time we'd go into negotiations with AR again, Tom, George or GI will be coming off contract, freeing up extra cap space to offer him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I believe that we will and the mess that our cap is currently in could help there.
We must have money to spend if we get Maloney and AR's current contract would be undervalued in terms of the current market.
In his current form he doesn't warrant an upgrade and by the time we'd go into negotiations with AR again, Tom, George or GI will be coming off contract, freeing up extra cap space to offer him.

Yeah we definitely have the upper hand when contract negotiations come around for our current roster. What I don't want to see though is us give massive overs for a few good performances. We have to judge over the past 3 seasons not just 1 season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maloney in a Souths jersey. He is a very good player and he plays through the middle which is what Walker needs to do more of.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If true , hope Madge has his storm hotline open , would be a sensational signing.
Gagai and Scott replacing Goodwin and GRay.

I remember watching Scott play for Australian schoolboys. The kid is a machine and can find the line extremely easily. These are the sort of players Souths should definitely be targeting!

I also just saw the sharks just signed Brendon Uele. He is a monster of a young bloke and makes massive metres for a forward. He will be a amazing if given a fair go.

Spot On

Coach
I expect his value may have gone up after his last 2 Origin games . However he could only backflip for Knights inside the "window" which i understood already closed. A backflip for anyone else because of more $$ , too bad. Done deal.

Surely no team pays in excess of 650K for a winger. Why would they?

alien

Referee
GI can fill in at cnetre and 5/8 if needed.
I think GI should probably play left centre for now on. No point in him playing fullback if he is going to keep having trouble with his leg/s. Fullbacks usually do more running in a game than centres. If we put him at left centre and put a good quick winger on the left wing then plenty of tries will be scored down that edge.

southsport

First Grade
I think GI should probably play left centre for now on. No point in him playing fullback if he is going to keep having trouble with his leg/s. Fullbacks usually do more running in a game than centres. If we put him at left centre and put a good quick winger on the left wing then plenty of tries will be scored down that edge.

That's maybe what will happen alien, it wouldn't surprise me if Gagai went to fullback actually, unless someone else is signed for that position.

alien

Referee
That's maybe what will happen alien, it wouldn't surprise me if Gagai went to fullback actually, unless someone else is signed for that position.

yeah maybe this:

fullback: gagai
left wing: aj
left centre: gi
right centre: hymel hunt
right wing: gray (if we sign him)