What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I agree. Our props do let us down when it comes to big games. I haven't seen any of them step up when it really mattered this year. The only game that comes to mind is the broncos game that we were robbed of. Burgess twins were dominating that game and so was musgrove.

I really don't mind our second row though. They can probably both play 80! Even if we move Sam to prop I don't think Bodene would be a great pickup as it hinders the development of fuimaono. Paasi was a Souths junior yes? Him or latu would be great at lock having Murray off the bench. If we're gonna continue having a utility then questions need to be asked whether Sutton can play on next year. 80 minute second rowers is the best way to go. With 1 lock and 2 props on the bench.
According to Wiki born in Tonga,tried out for the Tigpies u 20's but due to Visa problems played in NZ.

Rabbits20

Immortal
For mine Dave Tyrrell has to go and looking at forwards that are left on the market at the moment my choices would be.Moving Sam to the front row picking up Bodene Thompson to bolster the second row having moved Sam,and pick up Agnatius Paasi as depth for either forward position.
Other than than ladies and gentlemen there is bugger all left out there!
I've been saying get Paasi for a while and others on here have told me off!!!!!....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree. Our props do let us down when it comes to big games. I haven't seen any of them step up when it really mattered this year. The only game that comes to mind is the broncos game that we were robbed of. Burgess twins were dominating that game and so was musgrove.

I really don't mind our second row though. They can probably both play 80! Even if we move Sam to prop I don't think Bodene would be a great pickup as it hinders the development of fuimaono. Paasi was a Souths junior yes? Him or latu would be great at lock having Murray off the bench. If we're gonna continue having a utility then questions need to be asked whether Sutton can play on next year. 80 minute second rowers is the best way to go. With 1 lock and 2 props on the bench.
Mate earlier on I said Latu and Paasi and I was told I have no clue lol!!!.......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If the broncos have withdrawn their offer for Ese'ese why don't Souths try and snatch him? I wouldn't give him 500k but we could promise him a constant starting role.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Classic examples on this thread of why Souths have had 3 good seasons (2012-14) since 1990. Souths need to be way more selective and ruthless with their recruitment. You have to stop this idea that certain players are "good for depth". In the NRL depth players are worthless as reserve grade no longer exists. You need a strong top 17. If you have bad luck with injuries you won't win the competition as another team will have the luck and field their best 17 in the finals and will crush your "depth" players

People keep saying it is the twins fault for not playing well enough to keep Tyrell out. It is up to Tyrell to win the spots of the twins. If he cannot permanently win a top 17 spot then he needs to go. So far this season he has played about 3 games so he is failing to win that top 17 spot. He must go

Souths should have improved on Clark, Tyrell and Turner with upgraded signings in the last 12 months

OH MY GOD DOGMATIX WHAT IN HELL DO YOU THINK OF BY COMING ON IN HERE WITH SUCH GREAT LOGIC YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT PURE COMMON SENSE DOES NOT BELONG ON THE SOUTHS FORUM.YOU ALSO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE THE DONT KNOWERS WILL NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR HIGH EXPERTISE OF FOOTY KNOWLEDGE YOU WILL SEND THEM ALL INTO MELT DOWN SHAME ON YOU....Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
7th Tackle: Gray turns Black, White and Blue

Cronulla’s 2018 backline is done and dusted, with Rabbitohs centre Aaron Gray agreeing to terms and stylish three-quarter Ricky Leutele staying put.

We can reveal Gray will sign a two-year deal to join the Sharks from next season.

We’re also hearing there’s every chance he’ll start at right centre instead of star recruit Josh Dugan.

Purchased for around $1 million a season, Dugan is now more likely to wear the No. 1 jersey, with Valentine Holmes to move back to the position where he represents Queensland and Australia – wing.

Leutele was expected to be released from the final year of his contract to join the Titans on compassionate grounds. His wife recently gave birth to twins and they couple have family support on the Gold Coast.

But thanks to Jarryd Hayne exercising his $1.2 million option and Dale Copley signing from the Roosters in March on healthy money, the Titans couldn’t come up with a satisfactory offer.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If he's getting 400k a season at the sharks then good on him. I don't know if his worth that much but players should always punch for higher than what theyre worth. I would say that puts the sharks recruitment to rest as well. They would definitely be struggling with the cap now with all the players they need to resign.

callmack1

Staff member
Gray's move has also been confirmed by the club. I just read the Members email. Unfoutunate but I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Speaking of news that is Unfortunate but I can't say I didn't see it coming, Auckland has lost the Nines. There will be no Nines next year (which is fair enough due to the World Cup) but Auckland has certainly lost it for 2019 and it will move to Aus.

I blame Dean Lonergan. The first year was a sell out because the tickets were so cheap, from then on they rose dramatically as Lonergan got greedy. This led to lower crowd numbers and now look what's happened.

Latest posts