What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Good to hear about Tatola. I'm not familiar with him either but he sounds very promising.

Anyone know if he's actually signed full time or is it just a train and trial contract?

Homo man69

Juniors
Here's a tip for you guys....
upload_2017-12-5_22-11-59-png.16670

Vic Mackey

Referee
Very talented young bloke. If it wasn't for injuries he'd have been playing first grade for the last 2 seasons (in my opinion)

Big, strong, pretty agile for a big lad and has a good offload

wish him all the best. balmain juniour who was always held in high regard and captained sg ball/nyc etc.

did his knee in early 2016 which halted any first grade aspirations. came back in 2017, was rusty early as to be expected but finished in nsw cup fairly well.

was always behind JJ Felisse in the pecking order and with Alex Twal coming over fell behind him aswell.

is more of a worker who can play decent minutes with a good work ethic as opposed to an explosive type.

wouldnt really call him agile and never saw an offload but looking at some of your props after the burgii id be surprised if he doesnt see first grade in 2018.

rabbitohs95

Bench
wish him all the best. balmain juniour who was always held in high regard and captained sg ball/nyc etc.

did his knee in early 2016 which halted any first grade aspirations. came back in 2017, was rusty early as to be expected but finished in nsw cup fairly well.

was always behind JJ Felisse in the pecking order and with Alex Twal coming over fell behind him aswell.

is more of a worker who can play decent minutes with a good work ethic as opposed to an explosive type.

wouldnt really call him agile and never saw an offload but looking at some of your props after the burgii id be surprised if he doesnt see first grade in 2018.
We've got a lot of depth at prop but a lot of the guys are young, so you very well could be right there.

handyman2190

Bench
We've got a lot of depth at prop but a lot of the guys are young, so you very well could be right there.
Sorry i dont agree!! We have been useing backrowers at prop for 2 seasons now and it hasnt worked we replaced tyrell with nichols this year but we are still short 2 so this fella is welcome

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Sorry i dont agree!! We have been useing backrowers at prop for 2 seasons now and it hasnt worked we replaced tyrell with nichols this year but we are still short 2 so this fella is welcome
-Tom
-George
-Musgrove
-Turner
-Nicholls
-Britt
-Johnstone
-Rodwell
-Tatola

How many props do you want?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Would be nice, but I really doubt we'd have that kind of money left in the cap.

He's currently under contract and plenty of clubs would be interested. I doubt he'd come cheap.

Yeah, our only hope of luring him would be Tom and Sam getting into his ear.

He's got a great work ethic though. Works like a prop when he needs too. I like that in wingers.

handyman2190

Bench
-Tom
-George
-Musgrove
-Turner
-Nicholls
-Britt
-Johnstone
-Rodwell
-Tatola

How many props do you want?
First of all you show your ignorance nameing turner and britt as props they are both lightweight second rowers who if they bulk up 10 or 15 kg can eventually do a job there.
Clark is not a prop yet is used there.
Johnstone and rodwell are u20s and not seasoned at the bears yet.
Tatola could be a huge asset but remember he hasnt played 1st grade ever and has played minimal min the last 2 years due to injury.
So experienced props george who hasnt performed for 2years thomas nichols and musgrove all inconsistent.
We need a prop i say 2 but even 1 more would help

Homo man69

Juniors
Oh absolutely. He's arguably the best winger in the world at the moment.

I wish we could/would sign him
I'm hearing it's between you guys and Broncos. He's good but not that good. During the World Cup. He played agaisnt teams they were not the best. There are plenty of wingers in the NRL that are better than him. Still would be interesting to see how he goes in the NRL.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tatola could be a huge asset but remember he hasnt played 1st grade ever and has played minimal min the last 2 years due to injury.

I agree with your sentiment however I’ll be fairly surprised if, injury permitting, Junior doesn’t play 20-30 games of first grade over the next 2 years. He is better then Nathan Brown was when he went to you guys.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm hearing it's between you guys and Broncos. He's good but not that good. During the World Cup. He played agaisnt teams they were not the best. There are plenty of wingers in the NRL that are better than him. Still would be interesting to see how he goes in the NRL.
Really? I haven't heard anything but who knows? Where'd you hear that from?

I agree there are plenty of better wingers but he could become one of the best in the NRL in a few seasons. It's true he played against teams that were not the best but even against teams like Aus and Tonga, he was a shining light. I think he's got the goods and is a great player.

He's said it's a dream of his to play NRL too.

It's unlikely we'd get him but who knows?

Latest posts