What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

I don't doubt that Madge is a good bloke and a decent coach who also won us a comp.

What can't be disputed either is that some time in April 2015 something happened and the ship never righted itself.

We lost players who were supposed to be or allegedly lazy; trouble, unmotivated. This did not arrest the situation. The tactics and game plans didn't seem to change or improve and games where we won, it looked like players said FTS and went off plan.

Players gone. Coach now replaced. Let's reset and see where this takes us.

handyman2190

Bench
I honestly believe madge should have been given a junior development job.
He did alot of work with our juniors and would of been great. We paid him out 1.4m we should have used him our sub structures eg scouts recruitment and junior development are garbage as everyone here can attest we paid out money we could have utilised him.

Smirrors

Juniors
I was always of the opinion that we should give the young guys a crack. I'd rather of kept local boys like DWaks, Keary & the like even if it meant loosing a Burgess or two.

So whats happening to Crichton. Do Souths pay overs to keep potential? At the moment looks like a losing battle.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So whats happening to Crichton. Do Souths pay overs to keep potential? At the moment looks like a losing battle.

Even if it came down to money we couldn't win. The roosters apparently have more cap space than us. I don't think it's about money for Angus it's more about the best club to set himself up for a great career. When I say that I mean premierships, rep honours, captaincy. If Souths can't pick up then I'm afraid they will lose Crichton purely because of that and not money. He played SG ball with the roosters anyway.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Even if it came down to money we couldn't win. The roosters apparently have more cap space than us. I don't think it's about money for Angus it's more about the best club to set himself up for a great career. When I say that I mean premierships, rep honours, captaincy. If Souths can't pick up then I'm afraid they will lose Crichton purely because of that and not money. He played SG ball with the roosters anyway.
We are not a threat for a premiership these next couple of years.....

I can't see it....

It's a bit of a mess currently tbh...

More pain before it gets better I reckon....

I have big questions re whether GI can stay on field, whether AR can stay on field or find form...... Cody being pissed off as he's on peanuts..... Farah is a waste of time...... losing Angus would be a big blow....

The twins need to pull their fingers out of their arse especially George......

Jennings and Burns must lift....... it's a very tough comp and these guys have disappointed me overall thus far...

Homo man69

Juniors
Just popping in from the Parra forum. Can any of you darlings please tell me who your fullback will be this year. My wonderful cousin is a supporter. I know where did I go wrong giggle giggle. Anyway he is a supporter and he's doing a Souths video for his YouTube channel and he knows every likely 2018 position but fullback. I would be very grateful if someone could take the time to tell me. Thanks :kiss:

handyman2190

Bench

I can't see it....

I have big questions re whether GI can stay on field, whether AR can stay on field or find form...... Cody being pissed off as he's on peanuts..... Farah is a waste of time...... losing Angus would be a big blow....

Jennings and Burns must lift....... it's a very tough comp and these guys have disappointed me overall thus far...
I agree with all youve said except jennings and burns...they were rookies this season their first year in top grade and yes they wrre thrown in the deep end and yes they must improve but the blame is not on them...its on the others youve mentioned.
The positivness on this forum is good and i get critisised for my pessemism but i call a spade a spade , when you see teams like parra buying hayne and still saying they have enough for a prop and cronula after splashing for dugan and moylan.....still have 900k spare for crighton, were TF is our money? And all we buy is 1 good player and 4 or 5 discards i still say we have close to a mill spare

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Just popping in from the Parra forum. Can any of you darlings please tell me who your fullback will be this year. My wonderful cousin is a supporter. I know where did I go wrong giggle giggle. Anyway he is a supporter and he's doing a Souths video for his YouTube channel and he knows every likely 2018 position but fullback. I would be very grateful if someone could take the time to tell me. Thanks :kiss:
Return to the dark side of the force,I voted NO!
image.jpeg

JetRider

Juniors
Greg Inglis is our likely fullback

doyen

Bench
There's more than one way to coach a team. It's an art, not a science.

Madge's way took us from missing the finals to two finishes in the top 4 followed by a Premiership

Back in the 1950 Sths were dead last when Jack RAYNER took over & he took them to 6 straight GFs winning 5 of them[1950, 1951,1953,1954,1955]--they lost the GF in 1952.

Rayner,as Captain/Coach, was on the field playing too for all of that grand era as well as pulling the coach's reins.

Madge has one,as do other coaches, such as Robinson, who won his in his first year!
In the long run Sths decided to sack Madge--I think because he'd lost the players!

doyen

Bench
c

Doyen all coaches in the NRL spray their players. Flanagan, Bennett, Green all do it. Players are only human and it's easy for them to lose focus. A good spray is sometimes the best way to snap them out of whatever they're in. Unfortunately for Madge it looked as if the players no longer respected him as the sprays weren't even working.

As Jack GIBSON said--------"Any coach who thinks he can treat every player the same way is an idiot." He would quietly move around speaking to individuals & very much limiting his group talks. Madge went off like a lunatic a couple of times & I reckon that contributed to him being off-loaded. Good people skills are vital,calmness is vital too--one thinks more clearly when he keep himself under control!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I can't see it....

I definitely think the roosters are more of a threat for a premiership than we are for the next 2 years. So if Crichton did decide to leave I couldn't hate him for it. It would be our own fault.

I think you're spot on with most of your calls. There's big question marks over a lot of players heads but there's no doubt if all the players perform there's potential for success.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
As Jack GIBSON said--------"Any coach who thinks he can treat every player the same way is an idiot." He would quietly move around speaking to individuals & very much limiting his group talks. Madge went off like a lunatic a couple of times & I reckon that contributed to him being off-loaded. Good people skills are vital,calmness is vital too--one thinks more clearly when he keep himself under control!!

There's a time and place for spraying. Every good coach does it. You can't do it too often though because it loses its effect. I agree with you though doyen. Madge did seem to lose the dressing room in the end. Whether it was due to constant spraying or not I don't think we'll ever know. I read somewhere that he wasn't letting his players do any extra curricular activities even as much as going to a kids christening because we were doing so poor last year.

Madge isn't a bad coach i just think he was in one place for too long.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
It's fine to have some horseplay and you are entitled to your vote and opinion but telling me to return to the dark side cause I'm gay is taking it a little to far. I can't help who I am.
He's just stuck in the closet mate.

It's a "man's game" and that's how he likes it :joy:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
It's fine to have some horseplay and you are entitled to your vote and opinion but telling me to return to the dark side cause I'm gay is taking it a little to far. I can't help who I am.
Don't take it personal precious,I'm not one for political correctness.
There's a lot of people's lifestyles,race,religion and life choices I have zero tolerance for,yours is one of them.
And yes call me a racist and homophobic or whatever else you choose to,I really won't be offended!

Travitoh

First Grade
There's a lot of people's lifestyles,race,religion and life choices I have zero tolerance for,yours is one of them.
And yes call me a racist and homophobic or whatever else you choose to,I really won't be offended!

It's all fine to believe differently to others but to then attack someone unprovoked because they're different to you is a real wank move. Have some respect for a fellow human. He isn't trying to f**k you so there is no need for hostilities towards him.
I'm sensing a troll account in this account but if that is your approach to living, breathing people then you deserve as little respect as you display towards them.

Homo man69

Juniors
This is not a choice. This is who I am. Sure I get being agaisnt religion cause that is a choice but being gay is something your born with, Now I understand a lot gays take it to far by parading down the street yelling gay pride getting under your skin. To be honest it get under my skin to. But not liking someone just because they are gay is proof that you sir are a wanker.