What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

themacemaceman

Juniors
Well the Papalii deal came on the back of Shannon Boyd leaving so it would seem to me that whatever money they were setting aside for Boyd was then used to keep Papalii.

I get the impression that our cap is still a bit tight to have the ability to force a players hand into signing for us.

For what it's worth, both are remaining with their current clubs. We're not being beaten to signatures by another club.
Or maybe we are just not going to play players overs to get them across the line.
Look what it's done to Manly and the dogs.

ThingFish

Juniors
Seems like we aren't signing anyone!
On Rugby League Wrap on Fox, Hooper said Souths have backed out of negotiations with Su’a because they don’t have the wriggle room with the cap. He said we are concentrating on building from within with Fui being molded for that role. Ennis made the point when do you stop persisting with fan favourites, (Sutto), and spend money on young players with 5yrs left like Su’a.

So no, looks like we won’t be signing a name player.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Ennis made the point when do you stop persisting with fan favourites, (Sutto), and spend money on young players with 5yrs left like Su’a.
To be fair, if we get one more year out of Sutton then we have the likes of Joseph Tapine, Tariq Sims, Coen Hess, Viliame Kikau, James Fisher-Harris and Wade Graham to try to sign for 2020

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
On Rugby League Wrap on Fox, Hooper said Souths have backed out of negotiations with Su’a because they don’t have the wriggle room with the cap. He said we are concentrating on building from within with Fui being molded for that role. Ennis made the point when do you stop persisting with fan favourites, (Sutto), and spend money on young players with 5yrs left like Su’a.

So no, looks like we won’t be signing a name player.
Sutto the LEGEND for 1 more year!!! Joohhhhnnnnyyyyyyy

Screw Ennis!!!!!!

If there isn't what you want on the market you don't just bite straight away... we have to retain Cookie too and others...

ThingFish

Juniors
To be fair, if we get one more year out of Sutton then we have the likes of Joseph Tapine, Tariq Sims, Coen Hess, Viliame Kikau, James Fisher-Harris and Wade Graham to try to sign for 2020
I don’t agree with Ennis, but he makes a good point. Looking at your list, sending Sutts out with dignity and negotiating with those guys for 2020 is an even better idea. I’ve now got a lot of trust that Seibold can recruit one or two low-mid price hidden talents and turn their careers around, Melbourne style. Kenner, Nicholls, Jennings, Sutto style.

themacemaceman

Juniors
This is off nine MSN website .... nothing we havent already heard but still being talked about.

"The hottest rumour in the game at the moment is that Blues Origin star Angus Crichton is set to backflip on his rich deal to join arch rivals Sydney Roosters and remain at Souths in 2019.

The story goes that the Roosters still haven’t nailed down some of Crichton’s third party deals, putting the move in jeopardy.

But I’ve looked into it, talked to both clubs - and it won’t be happening.

Souths have decided not to pursue the issue and are moving on, looking around for an edge forward to replace Crichton.

One man they are looking at is Broncos winger Corey Oates, who has the makings of a fine back-rower with his size and speed."

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is off nine MSN website .... nothing we havent already heard but still being talked about.

"The hottest rumour in the game at the moment is that Blues Origin star Angus Crichton is set to backflip on his rich deal to join arch rivals Sydney Roosters and remain at Souths in 2019.

The story goes that the Roosters still haven’t nailed down some of Crichton’s third party deals, putting the move in jeopardy.

But I’ve looked into it, talked to both clubs - and it won’t be happening.

Souths have decided not to pursue the issue and are moving on, looking around for an edge forward to replace Crichton.

One man they are looking at is Broncos winger Corey Oates, who has the makings of a fine back-rower with his size and speed."
So Angus still to Easts?

Travitoh

First Grade
A page on FB has posted that Ivan Cleary has a meeting tonight with the Wests board to get approval for two signings.
Apparently Farah is definitely one of them but the other isn't as public though it's expected to be Curtis Rona.

I've had a flick through previous posts and they only seem to have strong rumours or confirmed news.

Also claims Jaydn Sua will re-sign with Brisbane.

Following up from this, NRL.com is reporting that the Wests board have given Ivan Cleary the go ahead to offer Robbie Farah a contract.
It states that Farah has already informed Anthony Seibold of the negotiations with Wests.
They are also claiming that Seibold promised Farah earlier in the season that he wouldn't stand in Robbie's way should he recieve an offer.

I dare say the deal is as good as done and Farah will be on his way to Concord.

callmack1

Staff member
No thanks to Godinet. I'd much rather have Craig Garvey which has been rumoured. Also with Farah, I'm expecting the club will let him go an it could be within the next 24-48 hours. I don't really want Robbie to go but apparently Seibs told him earlier in the year that if he manages to secure a better offer elsewhere, the club wouldn't stand in his way.

Whatever happens, Seibs is a smart man so I trust in his decision.

PTP Injury Update - Rep Round recovery: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/19/ptp-injury-update-rep-round-recovery/

Rabbits20

Immortal
No thanks to Godinet. I'd much rather have Craig Garvey which has been rumoured. Also with Farah, I'm expecting the club will let him go an it could be within the next 24-48 hours. I don't really want Robbie to go but apparently Seibs told him earlier in the year that if he manages to secure a better offer elsewhere, the club wouldn't stand in his way.

PTP Injury Update - Rep Round recovery: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/19/ptp-injury-update-rep-round-recovery/
We at least have Murray who could handle big minutes there as a back up.

Didn't he play some hooker in his junior days??

I just hope Cookie doesn't get injured.

Yeah I'd much rather Craig Garvey over Godinet. Wasn't Garvey a Souths junior too then went off the rails so he had to go elsewhere?? A La Perouse junior I think he was. I read the other day he'd be so keen to play for us. I looked up some of his stats too from NSW Cup this year and it's a bit of a mixed bag but I reckon he'd lift if he had to fill in for us.

They didn't speak of George in that update. They should've done!

At least Campbell will be back for the Cows game which would place Hunt on standby for GI and Gags.

Now Kennar is going we really need to retain Jennings.

I'd like it if Hunt stayed too.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Where has Garvey been mentioned?

Ok, may have gone off early on the Godinet rumor.

We’ve been offered a few alternatives of which Godinet is one.

Farah will go and we definitely want someone in return that can potentially fill that safety hooker role for us. Tigers have a few options available.

Could be Godinet, McIlWrick, Sironen. Those are the names I’ve heard are being discussed.

The club is looking at these guys as well as canvassing other options from other clubs.

Whoever we get will be bargain basement.

Pommy

Coach
I’m happy for Farah that he gets to go back to tigers but I do wish we were keeping him.
I have an awful feeling as soon as we let him go cook will be sidelined for a long period.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Farah will go and we definitely want someone in return that can potentially fill that safety hooker role for us. Tigers have a few options available.

Could be Godinet, McIlWrick, Sironen. Those are the names I’ve heard are being discussed.

The club is looking at these guys as well as canvassing other options from other clubs.

Again, you heard this where?

Travitoh

First Grade

Quickly read up on Bayley Sironen, he could be a very good return for Farah.
Former Australian Schoolboy and NSW u20 rep, he fits in with our recent recruitment policy and fills our need of another dummy half prospect in the club.