What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Curns13

Juniors
Is it just me, or is Reyno a real shot at the Australia no.7 jersey? No JT, no Cronk. Munster will be the 6 but there is no obvious 7. DCE won’t have played in more than a month. Maloney is old, had an absolutey shocker on Saturday and has only played twice in the last couple of months. Cleary is no certain starter and certainly hasnt grabbed the position with both hands. Keary has been injured and isn’t a 7 anyway. If we make the GF, it would be hard to leave him out.

southsport

First Grade
Is it just me, or is Reyno a real shot at the Australia no.7 jersey? No JT, no Cronk. Munster will be the 6 but there is no obvious 7. DCE won’t have played in more than a month. Maloney is old, had an absolutey shocker on Saturday and has only played twice in the last couple of months. Cleary is no certain starter and certainly hasnt grabbed the position with both hands. Keary has been injured and isn’t a 7 anyway. If we make the GF, it would be hard to leave him out.
Curnsy, I agree with what you say about Cleary but he is a media and NRL darling and will get the gig imo.

callmack1

Staff member
I reckon he's certainly up there to get a shot. If he misses out, it'll be by the slimmest of margins.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Who’s in the queue though? Who’s keeping him out?

Not saying that they’re better players than him but I think these players have a better chance just because of the way rep selections work. They don’t really choose on form they choose on reputation in the rep format.

Hunt, DCE and Cleary would all be ahead of him just because they’ve recently performed at rep level. Especially DCE. Arey is definitely just as good as any of these players on his day but I just can’t see Meninga going that way. I think Arey killed his rep career in his short stint with NSW. Hopefully he gets another chance but most players don’t.

handyman2190

Bench
Not saying that they’re better players than him but I think these players have a better chance just because of the way rep selections work. They don’t really choose on form they choose on reputation in the rep format.

Hunt, DCE and Cleary would all be ahead of him just because they’ve recently performed at rep level. Especially DCE. Arey is definitely just as good as any of these players on his day but I just can’t see Meninga going that way. I think Arey killed his rep career in his short stint with NSW. Hopefully he gets another chance but most players don’t.
I hope he dosent,he has enough trouble keeping his mind on the job and his consistency and he is injury prone. Last time he played origin it took him a year to get over it, and his head swells.

Travitoh

First Grade
Who’s in the queue though? Who’s keeping him out?

The current Origin 7's would be ahead of him. Maloney is probably the only one he can jump but even then, Maloney has rep form behind him.
Over the course of the season Cleary (especially without Maloney) and DCE have been better than AR imo and on current form, none stand out as must have. Cody if anyone is a bolter for the touring squad.

My side would have Munster 6, Cleary 7 and Hunt 14.

CliveC

Juniors
The current Origin 7's would be ahead of him. Maloney is probably the only one he can jump but even then, Maloney has rep form behind him.
Over the course of the season Cleary (especially without Maloney) and DCE have been better than AR imo and on current form, none stand out as must have. Cody if anyone is a bolter for the touring squad.

I wouldn't have Hunt within cooee of rep games,often times the GF winning team gets the most reps.Go Souths

CliveC

Juniors

Cody can handle 1/2,5/8 and f.b. could get utility back!.
Drop in to the Pride with your thoughts on Cody,should be interesting!
Good luck mate! Nice knowing you!

handyman2190

Bench
Im being greedy i know, any of our boys apart from cooky and GI , get in ill be filthy, we will have to pay them more, our cap will suffer just like after 14, the down side of winning a GF is the cap add bonuses for rep footy, this will impact our depth. Add to this potential injuries and burnout.

callmack1

Staff member

Hellray

Juniors
Interesting to see that former Bunny Toby Rudolf won man of match honours in the QLD Cup GF. It was then announced he had signed for the Sharks.
Perhaps we gave up on him too early?

Pilot house

Juniors
Jennings ready to re-sign with Rabbitohs: https://www.nospam21.com/jennings-ready-to-re-sign-with-rabbitohs-36756/

That's very good news about Jennings!!

Roosters wanted Crichton to leave Rabbitohs this year: https://www.nospam21.com/roosters-wanted-crichton-to-leave-rabbitohs-this-year-36753/

Well done to Gus too for sticking by us and giving his all for us I must say, I bet he's regretting his decision a bit.

Not too late for Angus to play again this year. He’d go ok in the gf. Slot straight in.

Having said that, it’s a sad ending for a Souths player to sign with the roosters. Keary has never been the same. He might look ok as a footballer now but he’s cashed in his legacy and must live life in ethical sheltered workshop.

It’s just not done Angus. You gave that finger for souths, but we needed the rest of you.

And I rate him too, an enormous talent. Big time player.

And let’s never forget, city ford is good place to buy a car. Nick supports the game too.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Jennings ready to re-sign with Rabbitohs: https://www.nospam21.com/jennings-ready-to-re-sign-with-rabbitohs-36756/

That's very good news about Jennings!!

Roosters wanted Crichton to leave Rabbitohs this year: https://www.nospam21.com/roosters-wanted-crichton-to-leave-rabbitohs-this-year-36753/

Well done to Gus too for sticking by us and giving his all for us I must say, I bet he's regretting his decision a bit.

I don't get why people think Jennings is that great.

He's doing what Johnson did.

Catching the ball unmarked on an overlap. All he has to do is put it down.

It's not like he's breaking the line and scoring 50m solo tries or even have to break through defence.

Like Johnson his kick returns are fairly meh.....

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't get why people think Jennings is that great.

He's doing what Johnson did.

Catching the ball unmarked on an overlap. All he has to do is put it down.

It's not like he's breaking the line and scoring 50m solo tries or even have to break through defence.

Like Johnson his kick returns are fairly meh.....

In regards to his try scoring exploits i agree with this but he does get through a lot of work at the other end of the ground. No other South Sydney outside back averaged more metres than Rob did.
I believe he is a centre and with GI in his final years, Jennings will be a strong candidate to replace him.

Latest posts