What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

handyman2190

Bench
So far it’s rumours but we’re supposed to be talking to him and Welch.
I do know that fitz has asked for a release and newcastle are not happy and are trying to accommodate him.
I think some club is trying to poach him offered more than what he is on,i heard it was only 350k, maybe 500k and he wants out his family is in sydney so that may be a factor. I hope its us he is a great young player.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So far it’s rumours but we’re supposed to be talking to him and Welch.
Let’s hopes we get Fitzgibbon that’d be a massive signing. I see Britt as playing a role off the bench for us next year if he stays that is. He isn’t signed on yet for 2019.

As I was saying still no news on Sutto though either.

callmack1

Staff member
Would love Fitzgibbon, I rate him pretty highly and is a great attacking whole runner just like Gus.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumour Kennar will delay his Mormon mission and play on next season with us. This is good as a depth option. I’d have Burns and Allen both ahead of him.

Also rumoured Jesse Arthars is going to Titans.

handyman2190

Bench
Rumour Kennar will delay his Mormon mission and play on next season with us. This is good as a depth option. I’d have Burns and Allen both ahead of him.

Also rumoured Jesse Arthars is going to Titans.

Whilst he played OK, his last 2 games were atrocious,id rather he left and we kept Athars or bought another youngster

callmack1

Staff member
Sam Burgess withdraws from England squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/sam-burgess-withdraws-from-england-squad/

Jennings makes 21-man Mate Ma'a Tonga squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/jennings-makes-21-man-mate-maa-tonga-squad/

Arthars released on compassionate grounds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/arthars-released-on-compassionate-grounds/

That's tough for Sam, he's had a really rough end to what was a fantastic season overall. Just goes to show that he was playing injured at the back end of the year though.

Also a bit of a shame about Arthars because he sounded promising but I guess Allan coming in will cancel out his loss, Allan may even be a big upgrade on Arthars.

handyman2190

Bench
Sam Burgess withdraws from England squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/sam-burgess-withdraws-from-england-squad/

Jennings makes 21-man Mate Ma'a Tonga squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/jennings-makes-21-man-mate-maa-tonga-squad/

Arthars released on compassionate grounds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/05/arthars-released-on-compassionate-grounds/

That's tough for Sam, he's had a really rough end to what was a fantastic season overall. Just goes to show that he was playing injured at the back end of the year though.

Also a bit of a shame about Arthars because he sounded promising but I guess Allan coming in will cancel out his loss, Allan may even be a big upgrade on Arthars.
Athars is a big lose, he was a very talented player, he had another year on his contract and we should have asked for a player swop,but our bleeding hearts have won out again. Time and time again its so hard to pickup talent and we capitulate so easily.
Im not impressed with the rumour of kennar staying, his last 2 games under the high balls and many errors highlighted why he was stuck in reserves,id rather try a youngster.
This is not enhancing the squad, its marking time whilst other teams buy and get better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Athars is a big lose, he was a very talented player, he had another year on his contract and we should have asked for a player swop,but our bleeding hearts have won out again. Time and time again its so hard to pickup talent and we capitulate so easily.
Im not impressed with the rumour of kennar staying, his last 2 games under the high balls and many errors highlighted why he was stuck in reserves,id rather try a youngster.
This is not enhancing the squad, its marking time whilst other teams buy and get better.
I think Kennar was still injured in those games.

I’m trying to look at his first eight matches and how he was very good in seven out of those eight matches.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Not to sure
I do know that fitz has asked for a release and newcastle are not happy and are trying to accommodate him.
I think some club is trying to poach him offered more than what he is on,i heard it was only 350k, maybe 500k and he wants out his family is in sydney so that may be a factor. I hope its us he is a great young player.

Not too sure about the Sydney family connection.

The Fitzgibbons hail from Cessnock.
His dad is the boss of NIB which I’m pretty sure is based in Newcastle.

His uncle is Hunter politician Joel Fitzgibbon as was his grandfather Eric.

His parents are divorced and my brothers mate was his mums partner for many years when Lachlan was young.

She may be in Sydney now so that may be the connection unless he’s coupled up with a young lass.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’d say some of these lower grade player rumours will be for our new NSWCup side. We’ll probably have to plug those holes left by the Bears contracted players from scratch.
We need more back rowers of quality.

At this rate Sam will be playing second row with Murray at lock and with Douiehi injured first couple of months and Clark having left our bench looks dodgy.

Fui linked to Penrith too.

Who knows what’s happening with Musgrove and Turner. I can’t see any team taking either.

From what I’ve heard Zane needs to fix his discipline and attitude.

Bench looks like:

Burns
Britt
Nicholls
Tatola

Allen
Dillon
????
????