What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
AR's missed a fair bit in very recent times though--the last two seasons!!

I know he had a very good run early in the piece under Madge--about 60 straight.

I hadn't delved into his long-term history which shows a knee reconstruction where he missed a full season & a recent knee problem--last year.

He does tend to kick the ball rather than run it too which is his obvious strength. He needs,IMO,to avoid throwing himself into heavy defence--he's a dot--only asking for trouble in this regard!

He will be targeted by big forwards--that can't be avoided--I do see,however, that he is vital to Madge's style of play with the bash & barge & field position etc etc. I probably just see him as a boring little ultra--programmed player who never really excites me in any way as Keary & Walker are able!

Reyno excites me most out of our halves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
exciting isn't always best though to win games. the team needs someone who can control the game with a good kicking game and that is reynolds. cody and luke are good five eights but they are not as good at halfback as reynolds

Reynolds also has a very very good passing game and very very good organisational skills.

Reyno gives us direction too which no one else can do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i don't see it as dull at all. i love seeing a big forwards battle up the middle, and then when they get close enough they use the forwards to draw the defense in, and then pass it out to the back line. i love seeing a good strategy work

Correct again.

Rabbits20

Immortal
another thing i don't understand is people always go on about how the souths pack is so big. well souths have a number of forwards who aren't that big at all. i love the big forwards. we should sign a couple more big forwards for next season. the bulldogs have proven that big forwards are still effective in the game, even though the interchanges have been decreased. i can't believe some people want the amount of interchanges decreased even more, just so there are less big forwards! it's not touch footy! i want to see big forwards in the game smashing each other!

Once again I agree.

alien

Referee
Angus Crichton return is in round 8 everyone who wants to know hopefully he gets a few games under his belt with the bears and makes his first grade debut soon. Kids a talent.

it's a shame he got injured. all off season i was waiting to see him play. he definitely looks very talented. i think he'll end up as a very classy first grade second rower

alien

Referee
Alien,yes the Dogs certainly proved big strong forwards and a huge powerful bench can overcome most smaller packs,even the dragons and panthers have some big powerful workhorse forwards which also bashed our guys a fair bit
I also think we are about 2 big units short off the bench
I don't see how Clark etc give much if anything off the bench compared to say Klemmer or Kasiano

exactly. i like guys like carter and clark, but you can't have too many smaller guys in the forward pack on the field at the same time. having sam burgess and tom burgess back will improve the situation. i also don't think it's best to have both mcinnes and cook both in the 17. i don't like having mcinnes in the second row for a part of the game, and cook isn't getting enough time on the field. we need less smaller forwards taking up spots in the forward pack and interchange

alien

Referee
Reynolds also has a very very good passing game and very very good organisational skills.

Reyno gives us direction too which no one else can do.

i agree, and he isn't slow like some people say. when he runs the ball he often looks dangerous, but i agree that he sometimes needs to run the ball more. as you know r20, i rate reyno very highly and believe he will play for nsw in the not too distant future..

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
i agree, and he isn't slow like some people say. when he runs the ball he often looks dangerous, but i agree that he sometimes needs to run the ball more. as you know r20, i rate reyno very highly and believe he will play for nsw in the not too distant future..

It's nothing special to get a SOO halfback guernsey for NSWs at present.

If Reynolds,or any other contender for the NSW's halfback posse were in the Broncos,Cowboys or Storm squads they would be playing Qld Cup!!

You could probably include Manly & the Dogs in the above with DCE & Mbye as Qldlanders!!

Getting the half job for NSWs is like being handed the poison chalice!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree mate.

Teo was a gun in 14 ( when he wasn't suspended)
Best forward in both defence and attack on right edge I've seen in years ,besides Sam
He was a huge part of the reason we surged through the finals to win in 14 as big a loss as Sam in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts