What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiegoNT

First Grade
And where is Reynolds--sitting in the grandstand;as usual!!

We'll see how long Adam lasts when he returns!! There's no guarantee AR is going to last 2 minutes!!

Considering how piss weak our forwards were the other night our halves did very well!!

Since adam reynolds debuted in rd 1 2012 he has played 98 games out of a possible 109 games, missing 10 through injury and 1 through suspension. Considering that in almost every game he plays 80 minutes, that means in all of Maguire's time as coach of souths, Reynolds has been on the field rougly 88% of the time.

Reynolds has played in 89% of games since his debut
Other key players for souths
Sam burgess- 74% (not including 2015)
Greg inglis- 82%
Luke keary- 70%
George burgess- 83%
John Sutton- 84% (from the start of madges era)

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our 2nd half was better as a team but still the halves didn't stand up and take control of the side.

Doyen said before the season started that he wanted Keary and Cody ahead of Reynolds, this idea is failing big time lucky for us we only have to wait until round 7 or 8 for the best halve in the club to return and to control the side again.

The only question is who is going to be partner him in the halves.

I thought Cody stood up in the second half.

Cody and Reyno would be my halves combo,

Rabbits20

Immortal
Since adam reynolds debuted in rd 1 2012 he has played 98 games out of a possible 109 games, missing 10 through injury and 1 through suspension. Considering that in almost every game he plays 80 minutes, that means in all of Maguire's time as coach of souths, Reynolds has been on the field rougly 88% of the time.

Greg inglis- 82%
Luke keary- 70%
George burgess- 83%

Very good post.

Dogmatix

Juniors
DiegoNT

You should probably count the 24 games Reynolds missed the season before Maguire came due to a knee injury

That would have him at 74%

Reynolds would not have made any difference yesterday. Score would have still been 0-32 at halftime. Reynolds only game this season was against the bottom placed Roosters who are yet to win a game

DiegoNT

First Grade
DiegoNT

You should probably count the 24 games Reynolds missed the season before Maguire came due to a knee injury

Reynolds would not have made any difference yesterday. Score would have still been 0-32 at halftime. Reynolds only game this season was against the bottom placed Roosters who are yet to win a game

Reynolds would of made no difference, you're right. When forwards get dominated like that your halves have no chance to perform at their peak. I'm definitely not critical of keary or walker for what happened on Friday. Both had glimpses of what they can do, but with a forward performance like that you aren't going to get more then glimpses.

As for the percentage of games, i clearly said after players debut in 1st grade. Even with the injury Suffered before making first grade he has played more games as a percentage then keary and sam burgess. My post was in response doyen, who criticizes Reynolds for being constantly injured and letting the team down. Now since he debuted and was given a key role in the team in 2012, he has been on field 88% of the time.

Matrix

Juniors
DiegoNT

Even Sam wouldnt have made a difference on friday.Players like Oldfield,Carter and Gray dropping passes with nobody tackling them early in the tackle count and missed tackles and dropped balls close to the line make it almost impossible to win any game.

doyen

Bench

Greg inglis- 82%
Luke keary- 70%
George burgess- 83%

AR's missed a fair bit in very recent times though--the last two seasons!!

I know he had a very good run early in the piece under Madge--about 60 straight.

I hadn't delved into his long-term history which shows a knee reconstruction where he missed a full season & a recent knee problem--last year.

He does tend to kick the ball rather than run it too which is his obvious strength. He needs,IMO,to avoid throwing himself into heavy defence--he's a dot--only asking for trouble in this regard!

He will be targeted by big forwards--that can't be avoided--I do see,however, that he is vital to Madge's style of play with the bash & barge & field position etc etc. I probably just see him as a boring little ultra--programmed player who never really excites me in any way as Keary & Walker are able!

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
AR's missed a fair bit in very recent times though--the last two seasons!!

I know he had a very good run early in the piece under Madge--about 60 straight.

I hadn't delved into his long-term history which shows a knee reconstruction where he missed a full season & a recent knee problem--last year.

He does tend to kick the ball rather than run it too which is his obvious strength. He needs,IMO,to avoid throwing himself into heavy defence--he's a dot--only asking for trouble in this regard!

He will be targeted by big forwards--that can't be avoided--I do see,however, that he is vital to Madge's style of play with the bash & barge & field position etc etc. I probably just see see him as a boring little ultra--programmed player who never really excites me in any way as Keary & Walker are able!

19 games played of a possible 29. Not great, but hardly injury prone, more just unlucky. Definitely not cause for getting rid of him, especially when his replacements are shown not to be at his level yet.

doyen

Bench
19 games played of a possible 29. Not great, but hardly injury prone, more just unlucky. Definitely not cause for getting rid of him, especially when his replacements are shown not to be at his level yet.

AR fits Madge's typical game-plan,for sure!!

I find RL hard to watch at the best of times these days. AR would have made a good old-fashioned RU half or 5/8--get the ball & kick it regardless.

I watch Sths every week out of loyalty; & hope. I also watch the Broncos & Cowboys only, as one can usually witness something special emanate from these teams. Both teams have great running halves with terrific all-round games.

If I get to watch these 3 teams play I'm more than happy.

AR will miss 7+ games out of the first 8 this season. Let's hope his confidence is not eroded. Adam should steer clear of heavy defensive work---he is in the team exclusively for his kicking game.

I have a huge interest in the SWANS as well; so I'm happy! They have only missed the finals once,I think, in the last 10 yrs!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
He will be targeted by big forwards--that can't be avoided--I do see,however, that he is vital to Madge's style of play with the bash & barge & field position etc etc. I probably just see see him as a boring little ultra--programmed player who never really excites me in any way as Keary & Walker are able!

exciting isn't always best though to win games. the team needs someone who can control the game with a good kicking game and that is reynolds. cody and luke are good five eights but they are not as good at halfback as reynolds

alien

Referee

yep, what mad dog graham did to reyno, most players would have been injured from it, if not all

alien

Referee
AR fits Madge's typical game-plan,for sure!!

I find RL hard to watch at the best of times these days. AR would have made a good old-fashioned RU half or 5/8--get the ball & kick it regardless.

I watch Sths every week out of loyalty; & hope. I also watch the Broncos & Cowboys only, as one can usually witness something special emanate from these teams. Both teams have great running halves with terrific all-round games.

If I get to watch these 3 teams play I'm more than happy.

AR will miss 7+ games out of the first 8 this season. Let's hope his confidence is not eroded. Adam should steer clear of heavy defensive work---he is in the team exclusively for his kicking game.

I have a huge interest in the SWANS as well; so I'm happy! They have only missed the finals once,I think, in the last 10 yrs!

reynolds would be good in any nrl team. if you don't have someone who has a good kicking game, then you are going to struggle, and he has one of the best kicking games in the comp!

doyen

Bench
exciting isn't always best though to win games. the team needs someone who can control the game with a good kicking game and that is reynolds. cody and luke are good five eights but they are not as good at halfback as reynolds

Exciting is the BEST way to watch games though & that's what I try to do.

I think with Madge,& he's not Robinson Crusoe in this regard,DULL is very much the way to win.

Unfortunately,most games don't,IMHO,have too much to offer!!

Hence,I am very choosy in what I put myself through in this modern era of RL business;sorry,SPORT!!????

I have always watched Sths games,but basically, I couldn't give two hoots for other games--maybe the Broncos & Cowboys,as I said.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Exciting is the best way to watch games though & that's what I try to do.

I think with Madge,& he's not Robinson Crusoe in this regard,DULL is the way to win!!

Unfortunately,most games don't,IMHO,have too much to offer!!

i don't see it as dull at all. i love seeing a big forwards battle up the middle, and then when they get close enough they use the forwards to draw the defense in, and then pass it out to the back line. i love seeing a good strategy work

alien

Referee
another thing i don't understand is people always go on about how the souths pack is so big. well souths have a number of forwards who aren't that big at all. i love the big forwards. we should sign a couple more big forwards for next season. the bulldogs have proven that big forwards are still effective in the game, even though the interchanges have been decreased. i can't believe some people want the amount of interchanges decreased even more, just so there are less big forwards! it's not touch footy! i want to see big forwards in the game smashing each other!

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
Angus Crichton return is in round 8 everyone who wants to know hopefully he gets a few games under his belt with the bears and makes his first grade debut soon. Kids a talent.

Alien,yes the Dogs certainly proved big strong forwards and a huge powerful bench can overcome most smaller packs,even the dragons and panthers have some big powerful workhorse forwards which also bashed our guys a fair bit
I also think we are about 2 big units short off the bench
I don't see how Clark etc give much if anything off the bench compared to say Klemmer or Kasiano

Rabbits20

Immortal
Even Sam wouldnt have made a difference on friday.Players like Oldfield,Carter and Gray dropping passes with nobody tackling them early in the tackle count and missed tackles and dropped balls close to the line make it almost impossible to win any game.

Yes he would have.

Everyone lifts when Sam is there. Sam would fire them up whereas GI doesn't. Sam should be co captain with GI imo.

We wouldn't have lost by as much which is better for our points differential.

Status
Not open for further replies.