What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Spot on.

That's what I've been trying to say as well.

Doyen thinks Elijah and Grevs are much of a muchness.

But I disagree with that.

Grevs is better and we need a metre eater.

yes we have a lot of forwards who can tackle already but we can't afford to let big forwards go who make good metres

doyen

Bench
a lot of young players are inconsistent. i believe he has regained his spot because he is a good player. why is he banned from origin for 12 months???

Grevs is a very good player but the SOO camp episode wasn't a one off.

There have been concerns re. his attitude--Sths didn't fight too hard to keep him for these reasons. He was similar at the Cowboys--they knew he had talent but they happily let him depart to Sths.

He was in the Qld SOO Under 20 squad for 2 yrs running based on his raw ability & potential!

Keary Likely To Sign Another One-Year Deal

Tags: South Sydney Rabbitohs
luke-keary-rabbitohs-nrl-300.jpg

After stating that he is testing the waters in the open market, reports today suggest that Luke Keary may just sign a one-year extension with Souths. Listen to the full discussion below.
Keary being off-contract hasn't caused as much of a stir as first thought, with few offers surfacing for the Rabbitohs five-eighth, according to Triple M's James Hooper.

"Talk is that Keary doesn't have too many suitors at the moment and he just needs to let his football do the talking," Hooper said.
"The Melboune Storm have expressed an interest in Luke depending on how the cards fall in relation to Cooper Cronk, as well as Blake Green who is off contract as well.
"Then again, there are still a lot of balls in the air around this sort of discussion."
There are a lot of contract negotiations underway, with players like Cooper Cronk, Benji Marshall, Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks also reassessing their playing futures.
Keary's current contract with Souths is a one-year extension from a previous deal and expires at the end of this season.
By signing in increments, this means his worth can be reassessed and he can contract accordingly.
"The benefit of waiting until the final hour is the fact that if you're in good form, you can demand more money and once you're in the open market, you can have other clubs compete for your services," Triple M's Ryan Girdler said.
"Cooper Cronk doesn't need to do that, but with Keary and especially the Tigers halves, that seems to be what their mentality is."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...e-keary-likely-to-sign-another-one-year-deal/

Port Panther

Juniors
I think Grevs has only regained his place due to injuries.

The Panthers see his potential but he is not the most dedicated player which is why he has not performed consistently at Sths;as well at the Cowboys.

He has issues----he is one of the players banned from playing SOO for the next 12 months!!

I heard a rumour about the swap and Panthers are going to let him live @ the new academy because they want him to live in the gym and think football 24/7 . :lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well if we do re-sign Keary for 1 more year we'd better not give him more than AR.

Also where does this leave Cody?????

Keary is money hungry.

I don't know what to make of all this.

It's obvious why he's struggling to get offers. He is nowhere near worth what he wants.

doyen

Bench
Well if we do re-sign Keary for 1 more year we'd better not give him more than AR.

Keary is money hungry.

It's obvious why he's struggling to get offers. He is nowhere near worth what he wants.

These three halves at Sths have their particular very strong points & are,therefore, players worth keeping.

alien

Referee
that's the thing, if keary stays then cody might go to a different club, if they offer him a starting spot in the halves

handyman2190

Bench
Talk is cheap offers can be made but are not set in stone, we are offering cody a starting spot,as we are for keary, as we are for AR, what actually happens is a different ballgame

Isaaxe

Juniors
The latest rumour is George Burgess is out for 7 weeks with a busted hand.

Sam will be playing prop for a while.

SS need a prop from English Super League ASAP - I reckon.

themacemaceman

Juniors

Keary is money hungry.

I can't blame a player for wanting to get the best contract he can , but I think all this will start to affect his form...if it already isn't.
He's essentially playing for a contract every week.
If he had a deal locked in he could just play football.
Maybe he needs a new manager because whoever is advising him now is doing his worth more harm than good.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The latest rumour is George Burgess is out for 7 weeks with a busted hand.

Sam will be playing prop for a while.

SS need a prop from English Super League ASAP - I reckon.

George out???????

Anyone else hearing this. f**k if it's true.

Hey R20 did you see on the Sunday Footy Show when they asked Phil Blake out of the 6 teams he played for ( including a long stint at Manly) he said because of the way he was accepted and treated his heart is with Souths
Did you know that to be a Real True Souths Supporter that you just constantly bag the team and criticise all the players relentlessly,yeah that's a true supporter and then make out your no 1 King supporter when all you ( not you R20 ) do is put shit on the team,even all offseason and continue to,wow that guy must be a awesome supporter

Obviously The type of supporter who would shoot you in the back as you run towards the enemy from the trenches in war wow our team really needs self proclaimed true souths supporters who just constantly bag shit on the team,very impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.