What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Crazy theory time- ( don't worry I'm usually wrong)
According to Gus, who is in the loop on the possible signings as his role as panthers ceo, where ever Roberts ends up controversy will follow. Now what if manly sign Roberts with the money they set aside for walker, leaving walker in limbo, meaning walker may be coming back to souths on less money.

That is crazy!!!!!

The Sharks could chase Walker though or even the Titans.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gus is pretty much saying rabbitohs.
Considering he is a current club ceo and it's his job to know who's available and who's likely to end up where i trust his word.
Watch for LU to meltdown if we do sign him

LU would go worse than a meltdown:crazy:

Currently I can't think of words as to what LU would turn into if it happens!!!

doyen

Bench
Considering he is a current club ceo and it's his job to know who's available and who's likely to end up where i trust his word.

Roberts did go right through our Jnr system so you'd reckon there'd be some spiritual attachment to us!!
Mundine,who has Sth's connection, is in his corner now, so that has to count a bit too.

Here's hoping, because he is one of the most brilliant ball-runners I've ever seen!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Roberts did go right through our Jnr system so you'd reckon there'd be some spiritual attachment to us!!
Mundine,who has Sth's connection, is in his corner now, so that has to count a bit too.

Here's hoping, because he is one of the most brilliant ball-runners I've ever seen!

Fingers crossed.

Doyen letting go McQueen, Grant and Grevsmuhl would make it happen.

We'd have both Sammy boi and Roberts!!!

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Roberts was offered 300,000 plus a car for 2016-2017 by Titans http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/james-roberts-walks-out-on-gold-coast-titans-due-to-disappointing-contract-offer/story-e6frf3xc-1227637145545. Walker was apparently on that amount for 2016. If James wants to return to Sydney I could see him signing on the same sort of contract (Maybe 200k Cap + 100k TPAs) then up to 400k for 2017-18 which I assume we have space for now that Walker is gone. The chance to play in Red & Green again as well as a better chance at finals football surely sweetens the deal?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Roberts was offered 300,000 plus a car for 2016-2017 by Titans http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/james-roberts-walks-out-on-gold-coast-titans-due-to-disappointing-contract-offer/story-e6frf3xc-1227637145545. Walker was apparently on that amount for 2016. If James wants to return to Sydney I could see him signing on the same sort of contract (Maybe 200k Cap + 100k TPAs) then up to 400k for 2017-18 which I assume we have space for now that Walker is gone. The chance to play in Red & Green again as well as a better chance at finals football surely sweetens the deal?

Imo you are under the figure he'd want.

I'd say he'd take 350-400k all up in 2016.

I'd say in 2017 & 18 he'd want 500-550k.

He is a very very good player and deserves a good contract.

alien

Referee

i hope it happens. there would be the most butt hurt since souths won the 2014 premiership :lol:

alien

Referee

Rsag85

Bench
Does third party deals come under the cap and how many players from each squad can get these types of deals?

alien

Referee
Does third party deals come under the cap and how many players from each squad can get these types of deals?

third party deals are NOT a part of the cap. the amount of players in the squad that can receive tpas is unlimited, and the amount of money that can be received from third party agreements is unlimited too

Rsag85

Bench
third party deals are NOT a part of the cap. the amount of players in the squad that can receive tpas is unlimited, and the amount of money that can be received from third party agreements is unlimited too

Because I've heard most of Sam Burgess new deal is third party so we should have no issue with the cap, I think we are trying to get that OK with the NRL as its not a cap issue just to see if the third party deal is OK

alien

Referee
Because I've heard most of Sam Burgess new deal is third party so we should have no issue with the cap, I think we are trying to get that OK with the NRL as its not a cap issue just to see if the third party deal is OK

yeah the integrity unit was looking into it. if they have ok'd it, roberts will be fair game

Rabbits20

Immortal
i heard souths had dylan for 250k for 2016 and were going to offer him 500k for 2017

guys, how could manly not take dylan now? i'm sure he has already signed with them

It's Manly, they aren't known for being fair as you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts