What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Apparently will release Copley and Maranta to be able to sign Roberts, plus i guess would have some left over money from Hodgo.

copley and maranta would only agree if another club picks them up for as much or more money. perhaps one or both would come to souths..

Curns13

Juniors
copley and maranta would only agree if another club picks them up for as much or more money. perhaps one or both would come to souths..

Copley is an absolute gun. I've followed him since he first debuted and I cannot believe the Broncs would willingly let him go. He may not have the profile of Roberts but one day will play rep footy for sure. Just needs an extended run in the centre's. If he's available, he would be an awesome addition.

alien

Referee
James Roberts hints at Broncos move
By AAP - 3 hours ago

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FNetwork%2FHome%2FStreams%2F2015%2F12%2F10%2F08%2F20%2FJamesRoberts_1012a_1000.jpg

James Roberts. (AAP)

Former Gold Coast flyer James Roberts has given the strongest indication yet he is close to signing with Brisbane.

Roberts has also garnered the attention of other NRL clubs including St George Illawarra, however speculation continues to grow that the 22-year-old wants to remain in south-east Queensland.

"It's all about lifestyle and being happy," he told News Corp Australia. "When I'm happy I play my best footy which is another reason why it's hard to leave the Gold Coast.

"Wayne Bennett's obviously a great coach. He is the best.

"It'd be good to play under him but there are plenty of other good coaches out there."

The 2015 Dally M centre of the year became a free agent in November after a bizarre contract bungle, including a forged signature from a Titans staffer, led to his deal becoming null and void with the NRL.

The Titans claimed on Monday that Roberts had rejected an upgraded offer, however the NSW City representative said that wasn't the case.

"We tried to renegotiate and they didn't really come to the table," he said.

"I felt like I was a bit devalued. I put my heart and soul into every game for the Titans.

"I love it on the Gold Coast. I planned on playing the rest of my career for them."

Roberts has scored 32 tries in 52 NRL games, and would be an ideal acquisition for the Broncos given club captain and centre Justin Hodges retired following the end of last season.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2015/12/10/07/35/roberts-hints-at-broncos-move

Rabbits20

Immortal

I rate Copley. I'd take him, that's for sure.

I don't rate Maranta though alien.

Rabbits20

Immortal
James Roberts hints at Broncos move
By AAP - 3 hours ago

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FNetwork%2FHome%2FStreams%2F2015%2F12%2F10%2F08%2F20%2FJamesRoberts_1012a_1000.jpg

James Roberts. (AAP)

Former Gold Coast flyer James Roberts has given the strongest indication yet he is close to signing with Brisbane.

Roberts has also garnered the attention of other NRL clubs including St George Illawarra, however speculation continues to grow that the 22-year-old wants to remain in south-east Queensland.

"It's all about lifestyle and being happy," he told News Corp Australia. "When I'm happy I play my best footy which is another reason why it's hard to leave the Gold Coast.

"Wayne Bennett's obviously a great coach. He is the best.

"It'd be good to play under him but there are plenty of other good coaches out there."

The 2015 Dally M centre of the year became a free agent in November after a bizarre contract bungle, including a forged signature from a Titans staffer, led to his deal becoming null and void with the NRL.

The Titans claimed on Monday that Roberts had rejected an upgraded offer, however the NSW City representative said that wasn't the case.

"We tried to renegotiate and they didn't really come to the table," he said.

"I felt like I was a bit devalued. I put my heart and soul into every game for the Titans.

"I love it on the Gold Coast. I planned on playing the rest of my career for them."

Roberts has scored 32 tries in 52 NRL games, and would be an ideal acquisition for the Broncos given club captain and centre Justin Hodges retired following the end of last season.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2015/12/10/07/35/roberts-hints-at-broncos-move

Hmmmm.................

Rsag85

Bench
BIG NEWS!

Reports coming out that Tim Lafai today met with the Dragons management and has signed with the club for the 2016 season and beyond.

alien

Referee
BIG NEWS!

Reports coming out that Tim Lafai today met with the Dragons management and has signed with the club for the 2016 season and beyond.

well i guess that means roberts won't be going to st merge now :)

Rsag85

Bench
Some rumours from the start of today some have been confirmed
South Sydney: Set to sign James Roberts and Elijah Alick from the Broncos...

Brisbane Broncos: Set to sign Greg Inglis...

Gold Coast Titans: Set to sign Chris McQueen (CONFIRMED), Dave Tyrell, Lachlan Maranta and Dale Copley....

St George Illawarra Dragons: Set to sign Tim Lafai (CONFIRMED)

alien

Referee
Some rumours from the start of today some have been confirmed
South Sydney: Set to sign James Roberts and Elijah Alick from the Broncos...

Brisbane Broncos: Set to sign Greg Inglis...

Gold Coast Titans: Set to sign Chris McQueen (CONFIRMED), Dave Tyrell, Lachlan Maranta and Dale Copley....

St George Illawarra Dragons: Set to sign Tim Lafai (CONFIRMED)

madge releasing inglis wouldn't make sense to me at all. it would be one of the dumbest decisions ever in the history of rugby league management

doyen

Bench
Would not be the slightest bit surprised if Roberts ends up with Sths & GI at the Broncos for 2016.

Roberts our new long term FB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts