What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

handyman2190

Bench
GI will play FB next season, apparently Roberts who was originally being groomed to be our long term FB, has been told he will then be our FB in 17 to sweeten the pot and his salary, and GI will move to the centres,

Rsag85

Bench
GI will play FB next season, apparently Roberts who was originally being groomed to be our long term FB, has been told he will then be our FB in 17 to sweeten the pot and his salary, and GI will move to the centres,

Doesn't AJ also want to play fullback in the future?

Rsag85

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ai-signing-20151212-glm1yn.html#ixzz3u6MNPsfX
St George Illawarra are prepared to open their chequebook again, remaining in the hunt for the prized scalp of James Roberts despite adding centre Tim Lafai to their roster.

Parramatta are officially out of the running with Brisbane, South Sydney and the Dragons remaining in contention to sign Roberts who is expected to make a decision by Wednesday. Fairfax Media understands that the trio of clubs are yet to make a formal offer but have been told to present their best contract by the end of this weekend.
While the Dragons looked to have completed their roster for 2016 with the signing of Lafai on Friday, they remain in contention to add Roberts after the former Titan met with St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor on Wednesday. It is understood the Dragons reached out to Roberts' management assuring them that Lafai's arrival would have little impact on Roberts' prospects.

Roberts also met South Sydney coach Michael Maguire on Wednesday in a move which could result in the 22-year-old returning to the club where he played his first NRL game.

Inglis is wasted in the centres at souths as previously proven beyond doubt
Inglis is 120% more damaging from fullback especially on kick returns in broken play
Inglis is 120% a better defender than Roberts especially as our last defender as proven time and again
Roberts is obviously very fast ,but, any larger player will use their size especially close to the line with momentum and run over the top of him as happens with all smaller fullbacks including Billy
Inglis and Dugan are perfect examples of this

If I was a power man at souths in management I would be going hell for leather on getting Dugan as a replacement at fullback if and when the time comes also I would go hard to get Mansour back on the wing

Rsag85

Bench
If I was a power man at souths in management I would be going hell for leather on getting Dugan as a replacement at fullback if and when the time comes also I would go hard to get Mansour back on the wing

Don't worry Inglis will remain at the club and looks like we might be getting Roberts back as well

alien

Referee

hmm interesting..

has roberts played much fullback before???

Sounds very Suss to me
Why would you move the games best and strongest fullback to the centres where he becomes null and void at souths which has already been proven
Why would you replace Inglis with Roberts at fullback who is totally unproven in that position and is half the size of GI for defence?.
Why would you move Roberts from the centres where time and again he has proven he is lethal??
None of it makes any sense at all

alien

Referee
Sounds very Suss to me
Why would you move the games best and strongest fullback to the centres where he becomes null and void at souths which has already been proven
Why would you replace Inglis with Roberts at fullback who is totally unproven in that position and is half the size of GI for defence?.
Why would you move Roberts from the centres where time and again he has proven he is lethal??

It seems a bit strange to me too. Maybe they are thinking that Inglis won't be able to play fullback for too much longer, because of injuries he has had, and at centre he wouldn't have to do as much work, but would still be lethal out wide. Roberts would earn more money as a fullback than he would at centre, so maybe they are using that to convince him to choose Souths.

doyen

Bench
Sounds very Suss to me

Roberts wants to play FB.Saints are apparently moving Dugan to the centres so an opening would occur for him there at FB.

I think Brisbane would be prepared to offer him FB as well with Boyd to the wing.

I don't think GI becomes null & void in any posse he plays. He is after all the Aussie Test centre.

If Sths want Roberts they may need to include his preferred posse somewhere in the near future.

Curns13

Juniors
I think Brisbane would be prepared to offer him FB as well with Boyd to the wing.

No way in the world Broncs would move Boyd. He was their most important player last year, Bennett loves him and Roberts is completely unproven at fullback whereas Boyd is a Churchill medalist (and helped get his team to last season's gf) at the fullback spot.

Rsag85

Bench
Roberts wants to play FB.Saints are apparently moving Dugan to the centres so an opening would occur for him there at FB.

I don't think GI becomes null & void in any posse he plays. He is after all the Aussie Test centre.

If Sths want Roberts they may need to include his preferred posse somewhere in the near future.

I think if Roberts does return to the Bunnies you many find him sharing the role and also learning from Inglis.

Doyen huge difference playing in the Aussie team at centre compared to our team
When he first came to souths he never got any early ball and was ineffective and totally contained in the centre position
Hence Madge moving him to fullback
As far as St Merge offering to move Big strong unit Dugan to centre to give Roberts fullback that'd just plain dumb as Roberts will have players run at and over the top of him at fullback mark my words it wouldn't last

Are people forgetting a fullback should usually be one of the best tacklers in a team ,attack is only part of the jobs requirements also inglis was nearly given fullback for Australia over billy even when billy was fit

handyman2190

Bench
Before JR was shown the door he was being played at FB in u20s FB earns more dollars GI may only have 2 years left with us and is getting on it makes sense to prepare for his predecesore AJ in my opinion wont cut it at FB

Hi Guys
1st post
Fellow Souths tragic
What I have been told is Brisbane are chasing James Roberts hard, But have no room in there cap, But if Copley and Maranta get released in the next couple of days it wont be a good sign for us, But as it stands now, We are still the favs for his signature, Will know in the next few days, Also Tim Grant could be released to the Tigers very soon

Hey SS69 thanks for the info
In regards to Grant no disrespect to him but please Tigers take this guy leg speed of a slow dinosaur 350k we must have been very desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts