What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handyman someone big strong and a great defender like Dugan would be 100% better to replace inglis at fullback than a small guy like Roberts don't you agree?.

If grant is released ( fingers crossed) we will have way less penalties conceded and way less tries scored against us ,just being honest plus the coin we need for more important players I'd imagine

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goolagong is a great finisher 12 tries in 17 games for our under 20s squad and has already played NSW Cup in his young age

I still see Oldfield getting a go on the wing before Goolagong.

I do rate Goolagong though. A star of the future he is.

Rabbits20

Immortal
GI will play FB next season, apparently Roberts who was originally being groomed to be our long term FB, has been told he will then be our FB in 17 to sweeten the pot and his salary, and GI will move to the centres,
That's fair enough imo.
Doesn't AJ also want to play fullback in the future?

Yes so AJ would probably leave.

Imo Roberts would be a better fullback than AJ.

handyman2190

Bench
Trying to get dugan would be extremely difficult virtually no chance, JR is in the slater mold who isnt that big but plays with heart, ive seen JR play and he is exceptional at any position,it was a crying shame we showed him the door instead of doing more to help him, just like DW we should have tried harder to help him i feel

Rabbits20

Immortal
Inglis is wasted in the centres at souths as previously proven beyond doubt
Inglis is 120% more damaging from fullback especially on kick returns in broken play
Inglis is 120% a better defender than Roberts especially as our last defender as proven time and again
Roberts is obviously very fast ,but, any larger player will use their size especially close to the line with momentum and run over the top of him as happens with all smaller fullbacks including Billy
Inglis and Dugan are perfect examples of this

When the 2017 season starts GI will be 30 and not as fast. Moving him to the centres and having Roberts at fullback in 2017 could be a genius idea.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It seems a bit strange to me too. Maybe they are thinking that Inglis won't be able to play fullback for too much longer, because of injuries he has had, and at centre he wouldn't have to do as much work, but would still be lethal out wide. Roberts would earn more money as a fullback than he would at centre, so maybe they are using that to convince him to choose Souths.

I think you're right.

Doesn't seem strange to me.

handyman2190

Bench
ImOpinion AJ isnt a FB the times he has played there havent been impressive, its not a position you can "try someone out" iether they perform immediately eg moylan, tadesco there is no forgiveness at FB no help, if AJ goes he goes wingers are not a difficult position to find talent

Rabbits20

Immortal
Handyman someone big strong and a great defender like Dugan would be 100% better to replace inglis at fullback than a small guy like Roberts don't you agree?.

Dugan is going to be offered the captaincy at St George shortly.

Dugan won't even consider leaving St George.

So that's that.

Also Dugan is too injury prone.

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 will Roberts stop George or Sam or GI or James Graham or JWH or a stack of other big guys from 10 m out?. No chance

No he won't. But AJ wouldn't either. Roberts would do a better job than AJ.

Valentine Holmes is going to be a star for the Sharks at fullback but I can't see him stopping the big guys, can you????

As I said Dugan is going to be offered captaincy at the Dragons. He will stay put.

With GI turning 30 before season 2017 starts, Madge may be thinking about the future I think.

Someone big and strong like Dugan mate not necessarily Duges but at least a big strong guy that can tackle big strong guys running at him close to the line

handyman2190

Bench
Bensville youd be hopeing there is more than JR trying to stop those youve mentioned from 10 out, its the catching of those fast buggers in the centres and wingers, you need speed, got it!

Rabbits20

Immortal
ImOpinion AJ isnt a FB the times he has played there havent been impressive, its not a position you can "try someone out" iether they perform immediately eg moylan, tadesco there is no forgiveness at FB no help, if AJ goes he goes wingers are not a difficult position to find talent

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts