What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Look--Nielsen is a good footballer--I would not at all be surprised if he turns out to be good value.

Madge knows him--he knows his potential.

His contract is an incentive one;designed to bring out the best--WISE approach!!

i hope he does turn out to be good value. i would have thought competition for a first grade spot would have been enough to bring out his best though

Rsag85

Bench
I have been mis informed.. Rsag85 is pretty much correct with his information!!

I was told today that Neilson has in fact signed a $240,000 base contract. Bonuses will consist of sponsorships and the amount of first grade games he plays. Potentially he will earn close to Tim Grant's contract if South Sydney make the top 8 (and of course if he is in the team).
He can earn up to $350,000 if we win the premiership, again he has to be in the team.

And the person who made this choice was not the co owners or any board members etc. It was Madge.

Rsag85

Bench
Look--Nielsen is a good footballer--I would not at all be surprised if he turns out to be good value.

Madge knows him--he knows his potential.

His contract is an incentive one;designed to bring out the best--WISE approach!!

I would agree with you if he only signed a 1 year deal and he was on a 2nd tier type contract which he is not.

Rsag it's common sense why would we sign a player no one else was after for 240k plus incentives??
It's basic business supply and demand ,I think you need to find a better sauce that doesn't dribble as much you know what...

Big man

Juniors
Pablo doesn't get anything more than what anyone else gets who reads or hears the news.
Don't be yet another that gets sucked in.

Funny enough I have a funny story about this Pablo poster. I have followed him for a bit and his mail is pretty good. But one day over the xmas break I met a Souths player while shopping and got talking to him about Souths and a Rumour he wanted a release. I told him I read it on a Souths forum so it must be true lol. He laughed and said unless it came from Pablo it's most likely crap. I was shocked and asked him do you read the forums and he said his partner does but his manager is good mates with this Pablo poster.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have been mis informed.. Rsag85 is pretty much correct with his information!!

I was told today that Neilson has in fact signed a $240,000 base contract. Bonuses will consist of sponsorships and the amount of first grade games he plays. Potentially he will earn close to Tim Grant's contract if South Sydney make the top 8 (and of course if he is in the team).
He can earn up to $350,000 if we win the premiership, again he has to be in the team.

Bloody hell.

Shit decision.

I'm ropeable now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big man

Juniors
Bloody hell.

Shit decision.

I'm ropeable now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think any exoerienced NRL player would take the field for less than 150-200k per season. Therefore his base isn't too bad and if he has an incentive based contract attached it can't be such a bad thing.

Rsag85

Bench
Is he the source that told you we were signing another top player? :roll:

I never said we where going to sign another top player, i said there was another signing to come which we have made one it's a train and trial player but I guess you don't read the comments with all the stupid photos at the moment.

southsport

First Grade
I never said we where going to sign another top player, i said there was another signing to come which we have made one it's a train and trial player but I guess you don't read the comments with all the stupid photos at the moment.

I don't think that's what you said, but that's OK.

Rsag85

Bench
I don't think that's what you said, but that's OK.

Ok well I'm just going to leave these here then

08-01-2016, 03:13 PM

Suggestions elsewhere that there may be one major signing and one depth signing to come.

22-01-2016, 08:17 PM

There is two more signings to come and Neilson could be one of them

23-01-2016, 09:18 AM

I've been told that Nielsen is one of them and we are signing another player but it wouldn't be Sio he is remaining in England.

26-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Sorry guys it looks like I was taken on a ride by my source about another signing. We have signed someone to a train and trial contract with the first grade team but its with one of our current NYC players, who is a forward

Rsag85

Bench
Read the quotes above. no where did I say there was another top signing which you are claiming Southsport I did say there was another signing on the way and we have signed someone to a train and trial contract with the first grade squad. It's all there in black and white.

southsport

First Grade
Read the quotes above. no where did I say there was another top signing which you are claiming Southsport I did say there was another signing on the way and we have signed someone to a train and trial contract with the first grade squad. It's all there in black and white.

Who was the other player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts