What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
my mate reckons we are gonski with our current forward pack half of them are nsw cup players he has said if you cant see that and want to dream on hope go right ahead leave me out. i can see the light and its all bad even the bookies have souths on equal 10th position with the eels wow hows that for a fall from grace in one year!!!

doyen

Bench
10th doyen how does that grab you?i feel like a stunned mullett.

I agree--things are looking a bit grim!

My biggest concern is that we seem to have had problems attracting new recruits.

Things better happen soon or we'll be in deep shit!!

Not even Magical Madge will be able to save us!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
true doyen..... i listen only to my mate he played the game he would know more than me obviously,he has stated the facts that i said to you here.put it this way he was on the paddock with the boys in tears when we won the grand final and you would had seen him on the big screen at anz if you were there and he is always in the dressing room or sitting near the players on our bench.how can i disagree with him?he bleeds red and green more so than us!!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen i have not asked him why we have not attracted players ile have to ask him that question.i think he said we are resigning the wrong players but like i said he thinks we are holding onto our cash to get sammy back he said that must be the only reason we are not fierce in the market place!makes sense i suggest?

Rabbits20

Immortal
TBH,he's never entered my mind.

His name has been thrown around as one of the next big things over the past few years.

But he always seems to find a way to lose favour whether it be form or injury.

Madge would like him as he is a big unit & would suit his favoured bash & barge approach!

He is over 120 kgs[194 cms]-so he is huge--we would then have three 120kg+ players in the forwards in George,Tom & this bloke.

I take it the G/Coast have decided to give him the spear.He has been somewhat of a disappointment for them.

He hasn't lived up to expectations--there has also been discipline,weight & fitness problems with him.He's only managed about 68 games in 6 yrs. He played 21 games in 2015 so that's a good sign,I suppose.

Madge would problem bugger him for the whole year with pre-season training!!!

We have such higher standards than the Titans that yes James would be very tired if he came to Souths with the way Madge does things so professionally.

doyen

Bench
doyen i have not asked him why we have not attracted players ile have to ask him that question.i think he said we are resigning the wrong players but like i said he thinks we are holding onto our cash to get sammy back he said that must be the only reason we are not fierce in the market place!makes sense i suggest?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sam was back sooner rather than later.

There's too much talk about his return for there to be nothing in it!!

The trouble is at this stage is if we don't pick up Taupau who else is there.

It feels like,as you say,we are taking a punt on getting Sam back---that's why I think there must be a fair chance of that occurring!

doyen

Bench
According to one of this morning's papers Taupau has reportedly signed with Manly for 2017.

He is supposedly trying to wriggle out of his contract with the Tiges for 2016 so as he can join Manly next season.

The Tiges want him to stay for 2016 though.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
IT’S only a matter of time before Sam Burgess is back in the NRL.

That’s the opinion of England coach Steve McNamara who has predicted the South Sydney premiership-winner could return to Australian rugby league within six months.

Burgess has been forced to wear heavy criticism after a less than stellar showing in England’s ill-fated 2015 rugby World Cup campaign.

After switching to union late last year, Burgess made his national debut just nine months after his first game before being selected for the World Cup.

The 26-year-old has two years left on his contract with Bath and his club coach Mike Ford has predicted he will stick around in union until the 2019 World Cup.

However McNamara, who knows Burgess well having coached him at English Super League club Bradford, predicted his former charge would return to his first love — rugby league.

“At some point I am sure he will come back — whether that is six months, 12 months, three years, five years, who knows,” McNamara told BBC.

“It is the game he was brought up with.” The Rabbitohs dearly missed Burgess’ aggression and go-forward this year and would be welcomed back with open arms by coach Michael Maguire.

Maguire has revealed that ironically it was Burgess’ experience at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup which inspired his code switch. In his book `A Year To Remember’, which will be released on Wednesday, Maguire said Burgess told him of his decision to move to the 15-man code in a meeting in late 2013.

Burgess’ appearance for England at the league World Cup stirred his patriotic streak and ignited his desire to play in the 2015 Rugby Union World Cup in his native country.

“When we sat down, Sam had been back from the World Cup in England for a few weeks,” Maguire wrote.

“He told me how special that experience had been and how it stirred up his love of his country.

“He’d discovered that he wanted to represent England in the 2015 Rugby World Cup, a huge event that would be the biggest honour for an Englishman playing a rugby code as it would take place on their home soil.”

Source: Fox Sports

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Rabbitohs

A star signing: It’s hard to argue that South Sydney aren’t still feeling the effects of losing Sam

Burgess and Ben Te’o.

Throw in a struggling Greg Inglis for good measure and the Rabbitohs are in need of an x-factor.

Having cleared the decks following the departure of Glenn Stewart and Issac Luke, the club has the money to spend on a big name.

It’s been well documented that Te’o is looking to return to the NRL, while murmurs of a Burgess return won’t die.

Te’o is playing rugby for Leinster and Burgess represents Bath and recently the England side in the World Cup.

Source: Fox Sports

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen thats my mates words he is not too happy my old mate i can assure you,so if they are saving the money for sammy to return ile be happy like all souths fans,but if we dont get him we will have a very hard year next season unless we sign 2 big bodies up front and a decent winger.its a bit of a shock the tab has us on level 10th pegging with parra next year glory glory holy molly i didn't see that coming!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
the reason i said we need a winger is becoz my mate thinks gray is a nsw cup player,if we dont buy a 1st grade winger id use goodwin on the wing instead of gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.