What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
ryan james is always injured and goes missing he is good for a handful of games only its similar to dave taylor whom i know well these 2 players just cant stay on the paddock long enough to do any long lasting damage to the opposition.remember mick andrews, david boyle, and even tricky trindall or even manoa thompson to name a few at least these players turned up each week to play unlike taylor or james for instance.tricky trindall's brother darren was a (10) times better player than darrell was but he was always in the clink not too many people know that i guess?a bit of trivia boys lol

GGTSS

Juniors
the reason i said we need a winger is becoz my mate thinks gray is a nsw cup player,if we dont buy a 1st grade winger id use goodwin on the wing instead of gray.

AJ on one wing and Oldfield on the other?
I don't think Goodwin has the speed to be on the wing any more - he's a solid centre with his defence also.

Rsag85

Bench
the reason i said we need a winger is becoz my mate thinks gray is a nsw cup player,if we dont buy a 1st grade winger id use goodwin on the wing instead of gray.

By the end of the year I think John Olive will be one of our starting wingers for next year.

I don't believe we need any more outside backs with Olive and Simone to step up next year and the signing of Oldfield, I think we are covered in that area.

Halves and backs are great IMO, it's our forwards that need to biggest help as I believe we can't continue to play that bash them up style of play with the likes of Clark, Turner, Tyrell and Mcqueen in the side.

Mcqueen I would keep on the bench because he can cover a number of positions incase of injuries and so on but the rest can't been in our first grade squad, as they don't make enough metres and don't have a real impact on the game unlike George or Tom Burgess.

Woofy7

Juniors
I too believe that we are saving our money for Sam..... The fact that Souths can't attract big name players is a load of crap!!! Let's not forget that the game is now professional and players just like the teams consider it a business. Souths Sydney is the most popular team in Australian sport, and the most marketable. players can increase their profile and potentially grow their individual brand.

Rabbits20

Immortal
doyen thats my mates words he is not too happy my old mate i can assure you,so if they are saving the money for sammy to return ile be happy like all souths fans,but if we dont get him we will have a very hard year next season unless we sign 2 big bodies up front and a decent winger.its a bit of a shock the tab has us on level 10th pegging with parra next year glory glory holy molly i didn't see that coming!!!

Yesterday I saw we are 7th favourites to win the comp at $14 or $15.

I don't know what you mean about 10th favourites shadow??? Maybe I'm missing something.

We have enough quality depth in our back line shadow. We won't be buying anymore wingers.

But I agree with you on a big forward with grunt. It's a must that we get someone who is a quality forward.

Rabbits20

Immortal
ryan james is always injured and goes missing he is good for a handful of games only its similar to dave taylor whom i know well these 2 players just cant stay on the paddock long enough to do any long lasting damage to the opposition.remember mick andrews, david boyle, and even tricky trindall or even manoa thompson to name a few at least these players turned up each week to play unlike taylor or james for instance.tricky trindall's brother darren was a (10) times better player than darrell was but he was always in the clink not too many people know that i guess?a bit of trivia boys lol

James is ildisciplined too and gives too many stupid penalties away.

Rabbits20

Immortal
By the end of the year I think John Olive will be one of our starting wingers for next year.

I don't believe we need any more outside backs with Olive and Simone to step up next year and the signing of Oldfield, I think we are covered in that area.

Halves and backs are great IMO, it's our forwards that need to biggest help as I believe we can't continue to play that bash them up style of play with the likes of Clark, Turner, Tyrell and Mcqueen in the side.

Mcqueen I would keep on the bench because he can cover a number of positions incase of injuries and so on but the rest can't been in our first grade squad, as they don't make enough metres and don't have a real impact on the game unlike George or Tom Burgess.

I'm not sure about Olive and Simone. I have definite question marks over them.

I can't see us getting rid of the forwards you mention though as there isn't much at all on the market to replace them with. Unfortunately whether you like it or not they'll be there unless some quality players are open to come to Souths in coming months. We are struggling so much to even sign just 1 quality forward for next season.

It's all good to say get rid of them but then we will have no one to replace them. That would be disastrous and Souths definitely won't be doing that.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Oldfield was always more a NSW Cup player at Manly. Then he went to the Roosters and the same thing happened. In fact the Roosters were happy to see him off to France after he played only one game for them. But Souths sign him up

Souths need to release whoever the recruiter is who keeps stocking up on NSW Cup players

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oldfield was always more a NSW Cup player at Manly. Then he went to the Roosters and the same thing happened. In fact the Roosters were happy to see him off to France after he played only one game for them. But Souths sign him up

Souths need to release whoever the recruiter is who keeps stocking up on NSW Cup players

I am just hoping Oldfield has improved and will be in career best form at Souths.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rabbits20 it was in the papers and on the nrl forum about souths and parra on equal 10th spot for next year i saw it about 3 days ago and i nearly choked on my breakfast.others would had read it ask doyen or alien or rabbitohs95 or southsport,southsport dont miss much!

Status
Not open for further replies.