What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Data is the raw results. Evidence becomes the accepted analysis of said data. Do you think I can do a random survey of eels fans opinion of BA and call it evidence? f**k no. The stats would be raw data. Nothing more.
Data + analysis = evidence

The analysis either makes sense or it doesn’t. If it does it’s evidence. Evidence against the argument might also exist but first it needs to be supported by data and make sense.

lucablight

First Grade
Management is itself a resource, and when it stems from the club’s ‘ownership’ structure it is indeed inherent.

Just like the Panthers, we made a huge change. But where they went out and got a huge funding injection from James Packer, we changed our constitution to increase stability on our boards. The result is that in the previous 22 years (an arbitrary number based on the 11 that people think is so relevant), we won 6 finals matches in the first 18 years and 4 in the most recent 6 years since the change in management structure. 2024 is the outlier in this recent period of strength. Years before 2018 don’t belong to the current board. Dumping it on the coach is just scapegoating. He is only the coach, but his record (including finals) since 2019 proves his quality. His record pre-2019 was due to being at a weak club.
Very adhoc justifications. Phil Gould took over in 2011 and received funding from Packer in 2012. Penrith didn’t go on their run until 2020 (didn’t win the premiership until 2021).
Did we not have the resources to be premiership contenders during the 2010s or was the club mismanaged despite the resources available?

lucablight

First Grade
We don’t know the truth. Our interpretation of the evidence is just an assessment, the quality of which varies between individuals. For example I am very smart and meticulous, so my assessments are more likely to be accurate than someone who is a lazy dumb merkin who complains about stats.
I respect the fact that you don’t always buy into the consensus view but ironically you can end up being dogmatic when it comes to defending your own views.

oldmancraigy

Coach
In other news, how big of f**ks are the Balmain Tigers backers? Get bailed out by Wests and the NRL and now they want to try and go it alone. Receiving a white elephant upgrade from Albo too.

I don't really understand how it would work for them....

If they bailed on the West's venture, then that wouldn't mean West's are done, just that Balmain is out of it...
They would have to win an NRL licence for themselves to get back in, right?

JokerEel

Coach

If they bailed on the West's venture, then that wouldn't mean West's are done, just that Balmain is out of it...

So the West Tigers this year got rid of a lot of their problems with the current administration, Only for Balmain morons to cause more shit 😂

Would love to see them pull out of the JV and Wests just in the competition playing out of Cambletown..

Gherkin

Juniors
They should permanently move to Campbelltown regardless. One of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Heaps of juniors in their local comp and Group 6.
Their whole ownership structure is a bit weird though. Wests Ashfield are owners but Wests Campbelltown/Lumeah have nothing to do with it?

To be fair the Balmain chaps, they actually came up with this idea 5 years ago, but they've been stuck at the Rozelle Interchange ever since.

I hate to quote Fitzy but,

Two 2nd rates teams will make a 2nd rate joint venture.

Still happy we didn't go with them; I mean they would want to back out now from that as well.

The delusion of people living in the so called "Inner West"

lucablight

First Grade
I hate to quote Fitzy but,

Two 2nd rates teams will make a 2nd rate joint venture.

Still happy we didn't go with them; I mean they would want to back out now from that as well.

The delusion of people living in the so called "Inner West"
I thought he wanted to merge with them to get rid of the Eels mascot.

Sun 10 November @ Commbank Stadium
4 Games
Pacific Cup Men - Final
Pacific Cup Women - Final
Pacific Bowl Men - Promotion Relegation Game
Pacific Bowl Women - Promotion Relegation Game

Latest posts