What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogmatix

Juniors
all teams play their best U20s players in NSW Cup or QLD Cup so it cancels out as an excuse for poor recruitment

If Musgrove was playing in NSW Cup then he might be OK

But my point is that Souths should be scouring the whole NRL for the best possible young props not simply promoting the props currently at the club if they are fringe first graders like Turner, Clark and Tyrell

southsport

First Grade
all teams play their best U20s players in NSW Cup or QLD Cup so it cancels out as an excuse for poor recruitment

But my point is that Souths should be scouring the whole NRL for the best possible young props not simply promoting the props currently at the club if they are fringe first graders like Turner, Clark and Tyrell

That's exactly what Souths are doing, there have been a number of young players signed for 2016 and beyond.

Dogmatix

Juniors
If you look at Souths' best players of the last few seasons most of them were not Souths juniors. Inglis and Sam Burgess were the two best players in the team of 2014. Then you have George Burgess, Tom Burgess, Luke

Dylan Walker would be the best of the Souths juniors followed by Sutton. But the quality falls away after these two

Souths need to buy quality from outside of Souths juniors as the Souths junior league has shrunk and no longer produces quality young players like it once did. The demographics of the area have changed. But for some reason Souths like to keep giving 2 and 3 year contracts to their juniors after they play ordinary

doyen

Bench
If you look at Souths' best players of the last few seasons most of them were not Souths juniors. Inglis and Sam Burgess were the two best players in the team of 2014. Then you have George Burgess, Tom Burgess, Luke

Dylan Walker would be the best of the Souths juniors followed by Sutton. But the quality falls away after these two

Souths need to buy quality from outside of Souths juniors as the Souths junior league has shrunk and no longer produces quality young players like it once did. The demographics of the area have changed. But for some reason Souths like to keep giving 2 and 3 year contracts to their juniors after they play ordinary

Sutton is a better player than Walker.

Walker has still to prove himself. I reckon he's gone backwards this year. TBH,I reckon Walker has a big head!

JS has been one of our best Jnrs for over 10 yrs.

He's filled in at 5/8,which I've never agreed with, but I've always rated him in out top 3 most valuable players!!

Sths have discarded their best Jnrs in recent yrs which is a very sore point with me.eg. Roberts,Mansour,Peats etc. these are just a few players Sths spent heaps on developing but dropped for outsiders! Just those 3 would give so much to our team now.

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
dogmatix you forgot to say souths like to also give non souths junior players 2 year extended contracts after they play ordinary,but i believe goodwin is the only one out of the bunch that deserved an extension for sure!gee we have a dud forward pack no one to help the twins or grevs,i hope brown gets more time on the paddock and when i see madge ile ask him to give cody walker a go for god's sake and throw mcinnes to nsw cup and make cook our no9!and give carter a permanent bench spot at least he is a goer and a 1st grader unlike the duds we persist with!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
our recruiting has gone AWOL since richo left thats for sure at least richo had balls to make the best improvements that souths desperately needed to win us our 21st premiership richo was the driving force behind souths success not just rusty or phac or pappas.richo did a lot for souths what has john lee done?give me richo anytime!!infact i wish that richo stayed on at souths i have one question where are we now???answer that one???

Rsag85

Bench

I agree our recruitment has been very poor, who is control of it Madge?

I think we are still a top 4 side but we need some better forwards then the likes of Tyrell, Turner and Clark who don't really offer much in attack because the best defences is not having the ball down your end of the field for most of the game.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rsag85 crowe/packer have last say in signings not madge,but madge and mark ellison have great input before a decision is made with our board of directors whom meet weekly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts