What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Sadly the tab sound about right. Of the 8 sides who played finals football we'd have to be in the worst shape of any of them in terms of how we finished our season and our retention and recruitment for next season which seemed to be based entirely on bringing Sam back. Both Manly and the Warriors will make the 8 next year. It's very hard to see us finishing higher than 9th or 10th.

I'll be interested to see how Madge performs with a roster that is NOT OBVIOUSLY the best as it was with Sths in the last few years & with Wigan!

He had the luxury of having the very best players at Wigan--no doubt there--a huge advantage!!

Sths have been right up there with the best rosters in the last few years too.

It certainly doesn't appear that we are still in the above position now. We are now looking middle of the road unless something very good springs out of left field with recruitment.

Is Madge capable of lifting an average side to a top result using the same old dreadful tactics?? I have severe doubts there!
Maybe he can push the offload stat to over 170 next season!!???

Let's see how good a coach he can be under real pressure.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
A lot of people seem to dislike Grant. He's not my favourite player but he isn't on huge money and he's a big body in the middle. Apart from giving away silly penalties (which can be coached out) I don't think he's worth getting rid of given the lack of quality forwards currently available.

If we could get Moa that'd be great, he's rock solid. Agree with you boys that Idris would be a mistake. Nice bloke but too lazy, injury prone and his heart isn't in it.

I think those who dislike Grant would also feel the same way about James if we were to get him. Big boy but lots of penalties and can go missing. Probably prefer to just keep Grant to be honest.

i would keep him too. he was a bit inconsistent this year but he is good enough to get a spot on the interchange. madge shouldn't be getting rid of props. he should be adding a top prop like sam burgess to what he already has

alien

Referee
Maybe he can push the offload stat to over 170 next season!!???

i hope so, and every forward in the team can't be afraid to pass the ball. to play first grade they should know when to make a hit up and when to pass the ball

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd say Madge should tell his forwards to be making at least 3 offloads a game next year, but not to push the ball too much.

He should take a look at how the Broncos do it.

doyen

Bench
I'd say Madge should tell his forwards to be making at least 3 offloads a game next year, but not to push the ball too much.

He should take a look at how the Broncos do it.

I just reckon it's a pretty damning stat when a team that was rated like Sths at the start of 2015 runs dead last in the offload dept. & by a fair margin at that.

Surely the coach needs to take the brickbats for that alarming stat.

I was nodding off in most games this year & I now know why!!

Rsag85

Bench
Don't understand why we would be talking to Idris. I understand Moa and James tho, hopefully it's true this time.

doyen

Bench
i hope so, and every forward in the team can't be afraid to pass the ball. to play first grade they should know when to make a hit up and when to pass the ball

I honestly believe our forwards are being discouraged to pass the ball!!

Just do hitups & kick & tackle!! I call that pathetic.

It MUST change dramatically or Madge is gone!

Rsag85

Bench
I honestly believe our forwards are being discouraged to pass the ball!!

Just do hitups & kick & tackle!! I call that pathetic.

It MUST change dramatically or Madge is gone!

That style of hit up, kick and tackle works when you have the right players in your squad e.g.. 2014.

But losing Sam Burgess, Ben Te'o and now Issac Luke guys who make the metres, doesn't help that type of style of play.

I think your right the style needs to change but you can still have stuff that work for us in our style of play.

alien

Referee
I just reckon it's a pretty damning stat when a team that was rated like Sths at the start of 2015 runs dead last in the offload dept. & by a fair margin at that.

So do I. It makes it too easy for the opposition's defense. Where did you find those stats???

doyen

Bench
So do I. It makes it too easy for the opposition's defense. Where did you find those stats???

Look--I think they were the official NRL stats--from their website.

Yeah--nrl.com !

Actually there are stats for everything you can poke a stick at!

I was researching the offloads because I thought we had a major problem--with our players;but mainly the coach,who is responsible for the methods players employ.

IMO,we have a problem with our coach & I reckon it will be highlighted next season.

It is blatantly obvious that many of our players & the team generally have regressed dramatically in the last season.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
That style of hit up, kick and tackle works when you have the right players in your squad e.g.. 2014.

But losing Sam Burgess, Ben Te'o and now Issac Luke guys who make the metres, doesn't help that type of style of play.

I think your right the style needs to change but you can still have stuff that work for us in our style of play.

I don't want to watch that style of RL under any circumstances next year--I'd prefer to have a smaller,more mobile pack with some nous between the ears.

That bash & barge,boring RL shouldn't be rewarded in any way at all.

It stinks like crap & should be treated accordingly.ie.flushed down the dunny where it belongs!!!

alien

Referee
Look--I think they were the official NRL stats--from their website.

Yes I just found it on the NRL website.

xf6r1h.jpg

alien

Referee
I don't want to watch that style of RL under any circumstances next year--I'd prefer to have a smaller,more mobile pack with some nous between the ears.

It stinks like crap & should be treated accordingly.ie.flushed down the dunny where it belongs!!!

They were using some set plays though in 2015.

Rsag85

Bench

Small forwards don't win footy games, you can have big forwards who bash and barge but also use the ball e.g. the Bulldogs pack.

doyen

Bench
They were using some set plays though in 2015.

Good players should have a feel for the game as it evolves on the paddock & not just following a robotic plan devised by some coach who has been put on a pedestal.

Madge should be judged on last season alone,2015-----& that was ordinary to say the least.

Ordinary in a stats way; but much worse---it was horrid RL to behold!!

Every commentator you listen to now is questioning coaches who persist with that shit & I agree wholeheartedly!!

Rsag85

Bench
With the new i/change rules smaller,more mobile forwards should flourish.

See this is where I disagree, I think more wrestling will coming into the game with teams trying to slow the play the ball even more and more injuries are going to come into play next year.

I think the interchange rule is going to be a terrible call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts