What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
From members' email:
Just checked my email and I'm stoked. Brilliant news:D

They are absolutely major signings for Sths--fantastic!!
Yep fantastic it is. Are you a member of Souths Doyen???
Sure are best news we have had in a long time.
Yeeeeeeahhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhh:cool: Bloody brilliant to have them signed for the next 3 seasons!!!!!!!!!!
Great news for Souths.
Great news for the England Rugby League team.
Great news for Rugby League overall.
I'm over the moon. Very very very happy!!!!!

Who is it???? Is it Tom or George???? We sing that in my members bay at home games!!!!

Geeeeoooorrrrrrrgggggiiieeeeeeeeeee:lol::lol::lol: (will never forget that GF try)!

Achillies

Juniors
George and Tom's best football is still in front of them. I thought they did a good job this year as the leaders of our forward pack. They'll be much better next season after the experience they gained this year leading the way.

This signing is also a good sign in terms of where our management are at. When you aren't having the success you'd like bringing big names to the club it's easy to make panic signings. It's much wiser to use the cap space you have retaining the best players you have currently. I'd like to see Gresmuhl re signed long term. I know he has been signed for next season but you can already see his quality. Rather than trying to buy our way back to the top we should build our way back there with what we have at the moment. George, Tom, Gresmuhl and the agro from Carter and Brown has the makings of a good pack.

doyen

Bench
R20----I actually dropped my m/ship after they won the comp in 2014.Just didn't get around to renewing it.

Didn't join for the first time in goodness knows how long last year.

Haven't been to a game for probably 5 yrs.

Used to travel a return trip of about 500 kms with a mate of mine--5 games a year Country m/ship. But he up & died on me so I've stopped going at all-- for at least 5 yrs now.

I continued with the Basic Supporters m/ship to get all the goodies & info etc. but didn't even get 'round to that last season.

It's not worth the trouble now for me to travel all the way to Sydney for a couple of games of footy & then have to turn around & face a 230 km drive back to the bush!!

But the signing of those Burgess boys has really given me a boost--I still have some concerns in my mind but they have been alleviated somewhat now!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20----I actually dropped my m/ship after they won the comp in 2014.Just didn't get around to renewing it.

Used to travel a return trip of about 500 kms with a mate of mine--5 games a year Country m/ship. But he up & died on me so I've stopped going at all-- for at least 5 yrs now.

I continued with the Basic Supporters m/ship to get all the goodies & info etc. but didn't even get 'round to that last season.

It's not worth the trouble now for me to travel all the way to Sydney for a couple of games of footy & then have to turn around & face a 230 km drive back to the bush!!

But the signing of those Burgess boys has really given me a boost--I still have some concerns in my mind but they have been alleviated somewhat now!!

Ok. Yeah it's given me a boost too regarding George and Tom. I'm like you I have some concerns too.

Let's hope in 2017 we can get Sam back after he gets married here around Christmas time 2016.

Doyen the Souths supporter membership is $100 this year to let you know in case you're thinking about it.

I know quite a few people who can't make games too and they just keep renewing their supporter membership to support the club.

Obviously I live in Sydney so I get 3 trains to the game. I don't really go to away games as it becomes too expensive. I go to the home games at ANZ in Diamond category and I get reciprocal rights for away games at ANZ (Bulldogs, Tigers) plus The Charity Shield. My membership was $403 for 2016.

Next season doyen I reckon my work will stop me getting to as many games but I'll still try to make about 6 or 7 of them.

rabbitohs95

Bench
A bloke on the souths facebook group said he spoke to auvaa at the red and green ball, who told him he'd re-signed and just needed to finalise when his agent/manager gets back from holiday. When that is i have no clue but it looks promising. Hopefully all is true.

Woofy7

Juniors

I think a better discount needs to apply to senior citizens.
I get that 100 dollars isn't a lot but it could be for some people. Again i think that memberships should be around the fifty dollar mark for non ticketed senior citizens no matter where you Live.
The benefit of this is you allow them to continue to be part of the membership family and it also encourages their children and grandchildren to support the club through membership.
Just a thought peeps.

doyen

Bench
I think a better discount needs to apply to senior citizens.
I get that 100 dollars isn't a lot but it could be for some people. Again i think that memberships should be around the fifty dollar mark for non ticketed senior citizens no matter where you Live.
The benefit of this is you allow them to continue to be part of the membership family and it also encourages their children and grandchildren to support the club through membership.
Just a thought peeps.

They're good thoughts & forward thinking!!

The fact that it may encourage future family m/ship should be considered.

With me though it's not the money it is more the effort involved.

It's more enticing to sit at home & watch it on the box[or at the Club with mates] rather than travelling a round trip of 500 kms.

You're not a real fan.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A bloke on the souths facebook group said he spoke to auvaa at the red and green ball, who told him he'd re-signed and just needed to finalise when his agent/manager gets back from holiday. When that is i have no clue but it looks promising. Hopefully all is true.

Sounds very promising.

Rabbits20

Immortal
They're good thoughts & forward thinking!!

The fact that it may encourage future family m/ship should be considered.

With me though it's not the money it is more the effort involved.

It's more enticing to sit at home & watch it on the box[or at the Club with mates] rather than travelling a round trip of 500 kms.

Well you should just get a supporter membership. Doesn't take much effort to get one!

Every person who does that, it definitely makes a difference.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Lurker keeps saying Te'o to the Rabbitohs or Broncos

Told today that Broncos can't fit him under salary cap.
You guys will struggle as well, you're at cap limit or close to it.
The coaching merry go round may have a few more casualties before 2016.

Rsag85

Bench
Told today that Broncos can't fit him under salary cap.
You guys will struggle as well, you're at cap limit or close to it.
The coaching merry go round may have a few more casualties before 2016.

We have offload a few players and have only signed 2 guys who wouldn't be on big bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts