What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I disagree, you're dreaming on Taupau and Te'o even with third party arrangements I can't see us having enough. Te'o would probably want around $600k and Taupau around $550k. Shadow we just don't have that money in the cap for both. Whatever you say won't change my mind.

Brown still has to prove himself too and show he's learning.

If Cody was that good he would have already played first grade shadow. NSW Cup is completely different to NRL. The step up is really big.

You do realise Cody will be used in trials but then sent back to Norths and will be called up only if Reynolds or Keary get injured. Cody is a handy back up to have though but you are overrating him.

This is truth telling from me shadow.

I'm sure Southsport will be able to see it too.

Shadow you must have had too many beers:lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sutton is not mediocre so you're wrong this time. Carter isn't mediocre either.

We know there are fringe first graders/too many interchange players. With the salary cap that's the way it is though as I've said many times.

Once again I repeat Sutton and Carter are not mediocre. I disagree!!!!!!!!!

Truth telling from me once again.

Oi southsport and R95, shadow is trolling!

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I hate it when people talk constant sh*t about our players.

I'll do it once in a while when a player does something bad, but i'll still support them.

Anyway Shadow, let's compare Brisbane's GF pack to the one we have...

8. Thaiday - 181cm, 110kg
10. Blair - 188cm, 108kg
11. Glenn - 181cm, 101kg
12. Gillett - 187cm, 102kg
13. Parker - 188cm, 102kg

14. Jarrod Wallace - 189cm, 108kg
15. Mitchell Dodds - 185cm, 107kg
16. Joe Ofahengaue - 187cm, 112kg

If you can analyse that, it shows that NONE OF THEM ARE OVER 190CM OR 115KG.

I'd dare say now that smaller, more agile forward packs are the way of the future, especially with the lack of interchange.

We have this and we can definitely use it to our advantage.

So Shadow, i'd dare say you keep your trash talk to yourself, because you're starting to look like an idiot.

doyen

Bench

I'll do it once in a while when a player does something bad, but i'll still support them.

10. Blair - 188cm, 108kg
11. Glenn - 181cm, 101kg

I'd dare say now that smaller, more agile forward packs are the way of the future, especially with the lack of interchange.

So Shadow, i'd dare say you keep your trash talk to yourself, because you're starting to look like an idiot.

Toss in Josh McGuire,SOO forward at 180 cm & 106 kgs.

We do need more in our forwards to make up a bit of ground on the top teams but we're certainly not too poor in general.

We have a few pluggers but most teams do----they're not old pluggers either so there is hope for improvement.

Let's see how a couple of our NYC forwards perform in top company too.

In truth,there doesn't appear to be any quality about to throw money at either!

rabbitohs95

Bench

We do need more in our forwards to make up a bit of ground on the top teams but we're certainly not too poor in general.

We have a few pluggers but most teams do----they're not old pluggers either so there is hope for improvement.

Yep exactly.

I think we should try go for James Gavet, whom the Broncos just released.

Sure he has some issues with discipline but we can fix that. Remember when Sam was a young tearaway that gave away penalties and dropped the ball every second carry?

The likes of Brock Gray, Zane Musgrove and Nathan Brown excite me in terms of potential.

I think we can benefit from the new interchange rules.

Rabbits20

Immortal

10. Blair - 188cm, 108kg
11. Glenn - 181cm, 101kg

Great post mate.

Apparently besides the twins and Grevo all other forwards are shit.

Well Sutto is very very good in the back row and Carter has a very good ability too, as does Brown. I expect Brown to improve. At the end of last season in the last month Clark played very well too and can be good off the bench.

Musgrove could surpise too!!!

Shadow reckons we could afford Taupau and Te'o for 2016. It's not possible as we'd need over 1million.

R95 tbh shadow is beginning to lose the plot a bit!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Years ago when we were not winning games, maybe 3-6 wins a season we'd have welcomed any of the players in our squad today shadow.

I'm still proud of the boys and will support them, even the likes of Tyrrell, McInnes and Turner.

I will be right behind them all!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Doyen spot on. Great truth telling:)
Yep exactly.

I think we should try go for James Gavet, whom the Broncos just released.

Sure he has some issues with discipline but we can fix that. Remember when Sam was a young tearaway that gave away penalties and dropped the ball every second carry?

The likes of Brock Gray, Zane Musgrove and Nathan Brown excite me in terms of potential.

I think we can benefit from the new interchange rules.

Yeah, I'm not keen on Gavet, but considering there isn't much else at all we should probably sign him up. Madge could improve him a lot discipline wise.

The young guys coming through like the ones you mention have good potential and can play well off the interchange.

You're a truth teller too!!!

CAFPOW

Juniors
10. Blair - 188cm, 108kg
11. Glenn - 181cm, 101kg

all those players can dent the opposition line. while on our
team, only t. burgess, g. burgess and grevsmuhl can. :(

doyen

Bench
all those players can dent the opposition line. while on our
team, only t. burgess, g. burgess and grevsmuhl can. :(

There are a number of ways to dent the line,I suppose.

Sths are going to have to change their game about----the bash artist approach aint gonna work too well for us as our list stands now.

We will need to be very strong defensively & more adventurous with the ball.

I believe we are capable of evolving into a team with a more well-balanced approach to the game.

southsport

First Grade
Great post mate.

Apparently besides the twins and Grevo all other forwards are shit.

Well Sutto is very very good in the back row and Carter has a very good ability too, as does Brown. I expect Brown to improve. At the end of last season in the last month Clark played very well too and can be good off the bench.

Musgrove could surpise too!!!

Shadow reckons we could afford Taupau and Te'o for 2016. It's not possible as we'd need over 1million.

R95 tbh shadow is beginning to lose the plot a bit!!!

Oi R20, shadow never had the plot in the beginning!

Guys how bout we go back to what this thread was originally intended for and just leave it for posting about signings, rumours and injuries?

I've had enough of all these pictures and the other rubbish that's been going on.

I've let it go for a while hoping that it will run it's course but unfortunately it seems that people want to persist in being peanuts. That being the case, I will begin moving rubbish out of threads if I see it posted anymore.

Curns13

Juniors
Couldn't agree more. All the silly photos, people posting up to 5 or 6 posts in a row, people repeating the same thing over and over again. This forum has gone to rubbish since the season's end. If there isn't something of value or importance to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!! It has gotten completely rediculous.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Cheers DKOR. Getting tired of it myself.

Interesting to hear Pat OHanlons name come up. Never thought much of him when he was on the field.

Ill believe the Sam rumours when he officially signs. If he does we can be top 4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts