What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsag85

Bench
I think Carter oozes natural talent & class but where do you play him??

I hope Madge gives him the chance to impress!

He would make a v/good starting lock or 5/8!!

Carter at 5/8? I don't think so. He has the talent I agree with you there but out of the two Grevsmuhl stands out more.

At the moment I don't have a spot for Carter in the side as I think he wouldn't get much game time coming off the bench and I don't see him as a starting player

Rabbits20

Immortal
My hunch is that Sam will be back to start next season for a number of reasons.

Will Bath really want to keep a bloke that is struggling at RU & costing them heaps??I don't think so!

I think they'll be more than happy if Sam asks for a release.

He has all his family here in Aust. & his fiance is an Aussie!

There are infinite reasons as to why Sam would prefer to be here in Aussieland!!

Sths just have to find a way to squeeze him into their cap.

The powers to be here in Aust. too would be over the moon to have Sam back in the NRL!

Welcome home Sam!!!!!!
My fingers are still crossed! I really hope your wise mind is correct doyen:) very good post! Doyen I reckon we will have just enough in our cap to fit him in. If we have to piss off a player like Grant then that's fine with me. Bring Sam home, BRING SAM HOME!

I won't be convinced though or get my hopes up high until it's official!
Totally agree Doyan,

Pretty sure Bath paid Souths around the 1 million transfer fee in which Sam had two years reaming, so I see the release clause being around the same money.
So desperate for Sam to come back l'll even take luke.B back as sweetener lol.
Yeah you're right there I reckon. I'd have Luke. B back too to make it look more appealing to Sam. Manly don't want him either.
Yes that's right Sam is getting married at the end of the year could be a big factor in how this plays out.
That's what I've been thinking for a while now too!
This signing has been in the woodworks for a long time. I refuse to believe that we would start next season with such a weak forward pack. Sam is a done deal in my opinion.
We still have to keep it in perspective. Keep your fingers crossed. Don't get your hopes too high though at this stage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd definitely get Luke B. back,if possible--front rowers mature with age usually--he's not the worst prop going around either!

We look like getting our p/ship squad back.

We won't be able to afford to get Teo back if all this pans out but I reckon we have a potential star in Carter who can play a similar role to him!
We are on the same page. I'd have L. B back too.

I don't see Carter as being in the same class as Te'o.
Grevsmuhl looks more likely then Carter.

Wonder if the club would still look at signing James Gavet?
Yep, Grevo can play a similar role to Te'o. Grevo is definitely more likely than Carter.

I don't know all that much about Gavet but what I do remember is that I was impressed by his aggressive approach!!

I reckon Carter has more potential than Grevs---in saying that,Grevs certainly has huge potential as well!
I disagree about that on Carter. I see Grevo as a powerhouse who can start in our back row and make origin in the future. Whereas I see Carter as an interchange player/18th, 19th or 20th man in our top side. Grevo will play a lot more first grade than Carter next season.
Well Gavet hasn't signed with anyone of yet.

I see Carter as a good bench player at the moment I don't know if i would have him in my starting 17, on the other hand I see Grevs as a future rep star he has all the tools to make it big.
Completely agree:D
I think Carter oozes natural talent & class but where do you play him??

I hope Madge gives him the chance to impress!

He would make a v/good starting lock or 5/8!!

You play him off the bench in the back row. Or have him as 18th or 19th man if Sam comes back.

Carter definitely isn't a 5/8.

If we get injuries to Cook/McInnes then expect Carter to help out at hooker.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm sorry but I would be letting go of Tyrell or Clark before Grant

That's fair enough.

I was just thinking Grant is on 350k and would free up more space for Sam and possibly L. Burgi.

Tyrrell and Clark are on about 175k I think. So that wouldn't release much pressure off our cap unless you send both Tyrrell and Clark packing!!!!!!

Thoughts mate???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Carter at 5/8? I don't think so. He has the talent I agree with you there but out of the two Grevsmuhl stands out more.

At the moment I don't have a spot for Carter in the side as I think he wouldn't get much game time coming off the bench and I don't see him as a starting player

Agree.

Madge will probably have him as 18th or 19th man.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Guys how bout we go back to what this thread was originally intended for and just leave it for posting about signings, rumours and injuries?

I've had enough of all these pictures and the other rubbish that's been going on.

I've let it go for a while hoping that it will run it's course but unfortunately it seems that people want to persist in being peanuts. That being the case, I will begin moving rubbish out of threads if I see it posted anymore.

Guys a couple of hours ago we started to change topic just a little bit.

Still good discussion but we'd better stick to what DKOR says and try to not get too carried away.

Hopefully in the next week or 2 there is more info regarding Sam.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rabbits20 each of your posts take up half a screen page on my computer?type what you want and click on ""quick post reply""that way with each post you dont take up so much space one of the boys on here told you before!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
can you see what i am saying? can you see the length of my posts they are short and dont take up so much room like your posts i hope this helps you mate.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

doyen

Bench
Things can become a bit confused & cryptic if you don't stipulate to what post you are actually replying!

In R20s long posts he has usually answered up to 3,4 or 5 persons----maybe,in doing this he has used less space.
I like the post being there in my reply so as I can refer to it,if necessary.

This is my first ever QUICK REPLY!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Things can become a bit confused & cryptic if you don't stipulate to what post you are actually replying!

In R20s long posts he has usually answered up to 3,4 or 5 persons----maybe,in doing this he has used less space.
I like the post being there in my reply so as I can refer to it,if necessary.

This is my first ever QUICK REPLY!!!!!

Cheers Doyen. I appreciate it. I've got your back too mate.

If it's a longish post I try to quote it and not use multi quote.

If it's not I multi quote as it is easier and I was being questioned on just posting to get my post count up which definitely isn't my focus.

R95 told me instead of having 5 quotes in a row then group them together with a multi quote as it's easier to read and takes up less room. I have to say R95 was right.

I don't want to be talking about silly insignificant things shadow, id much rather talk about signings, rumours and injuries.

Sorry guys like Southsport, Doyen, Newc, R95 and DKOR but I had to get a point across.

Fingers crossed more comes to light in the next 2 weeks regarding Sammy boi and hopefully news re Auva'a too/any other depth signings too which we've discussed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts