What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiegoNT

First Grade
If we got Sam back but it meant losing GI...who would do it?

I think I'd say I would.

Interested to hear what others think.

Nope
Always felt G.I Was more important then sam.
When G.I signed Richardson at the time said 'we just secured premiership 21'
Moving Inglis to fullback almost immediately made us a top 4 side
He has been the amazing for 4 years straight
He was the difference between us making the 8 or failing this year and still got our best player award.
He showed how important he was in 2013 when he limped into the finals therefore we limped out.
Sam Burgess only really hit his best form for us in the back half of 2014, before that he was plagued with injuries, suspensions and inconsistentsy.
During that 2012-2014 period, if sam was missing from a match I'd still be confident we'd win, if Inglis was missing though and all confidence went out the window.
I'd love for sam to be back, but no way in hell if it means we lose G.I

Last edited:
I am passing too.

Great question Mad Hatter.

Actually, I'd rather take the easier option and get rid of McQueen and Grant.

Well, there is that.

It's amazing to think we did so well we did in 2015 what with all the injuries and suspensions to key players right throughout the year.

Sam Burgess led in so many facets of play that I think it was underestimated just how much of a hole he would leave in the Souths attack and defence. Plus his leadership on and off the pitch was second to none.

I've deliberately stayed out of any Sam Burgess discussion most of the season because at first I didn't think he would come back, and lately, didn't want to believe he was coming back. But IF he does come back, we need to move heaven and hell to have him back. Barring injury he has 6-8 years in him still and maybe another premiership or two.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sam is player that comes along once in a generation. His will to win is 2nd to none. When was the last player that we had that had his will and passion for the jersey? I would have to say Mario,Tugger,Bundy etc,and that near 30yrs ago.
Sam is the player that other players want to play with and play for.

RabbitOhBoy

Juniors
If we got Sam back but it meant losing GI...who would do it?

I think I'd say I would.

Interested to hear what others think.

Hello all.

I?d take Sam, for sure. We had Greg this year and no Sam...
Greg?s contribution to Souths is reliant on the pack performing. Same goes for Reynolds, Keary and the rest of the backs - all of whom were way down this year on their 2014 form.

Sam?s performance for the team is not reliant on Greg or anyone else. He adds massive confidence and authority to the pack and the whole team responds.

Rsag85

Bench
Sorry @ssfcrabbitohs fans...
Moley has been making some calls to people who know people
@samburgess8 not coming back any time soon...

southsport

First Grade
Hello all.

Greg?s contribution to Souths is reliant on the pack performing. Same goes for Reynolds, Keary and the rest of the backs - all of whom were way down this year on their 2014 form.

Sam?s performance for the team is not reliant on Greg or anyone else. He adds massive confidence and authority to the pack and the whole team responds.

Welcome aboard Boy.

southsport

First Grade
Sorry @ssfcrabbitohs fans...
Moley has been making some calls to people who know people
@samburgess8 not coming back any time soon...

Moley is often wrong.

Rsag have you heard that one of Souths squad is apparently off to the knights for 2016?

Rsag85

Bench
I've heard four current players have been told if they find a better deal at another club they can take it

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rabbitohboy welcome to LU rabbitohboy has a good point sammy is coming home, moley and the lurker are generally wrong similar to zerotackle.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I've heard four current players have been told if they find a better deal at another club they can take it

Gee that seems excessive.

If most of them are lower grade/younger players then it's no bother. I'd cop losing Jack Gosiewski, Sam Manuleleua and maybe two of the first graders if that means we get Sam back.

Welcome RabbitOhBoy, great first post.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well, there is that.

It's amazing to think we did so well we did in 2015 what with all the injuries and suspensions to key players right throughout the year.

Sam Burgess led in so many facets of play that I think it was underestimated just how much of a hole he would leave in the Souths attack and defence. Plus his leadership on and off the pitch was second to none.

I've deliberately stayed out of any Sam Burgess discussion most of the season because at first I didn't think he would come back, and lately, didn't want to believe he was coming back. But IF he does come back, we need to move heaven and hell to have him back. Barring injury he has 6-8 years in him still and maybe another premiership or two.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Agree. Top post!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hello all.

Welcome. I agree great points from you.
It might be Sam Manuleleua he has been rumoured to be looking for a new club
You never know, it could be Tim Grant.

If most of them are lower grade/younger players then it's no bother. I'd cop losing Jack Gosiewski, Sam Manuleleua and maybe two of the first graders if that means we get Sam back.

Who knows what's going on???? It is hard to know what to think at this stage.

rabbitohs95

Bench
If we let go of AJ or Auva'a (the two have been rumoured) i'm gonna be pissed off.

Why not let Tyrrell and/or McQueen to leave? They've had plenty of time to prove themselves and have done an okay job. AJ and Auva'a have a lot of untapped potential.

Devastating if true.

Rsag85

Bench

The four players I've heard are all first graders, three where in the grade final side. None of them are backs

Rabbits20

Immortal
Speculation is that it is one of our backline that is departing to another club, not a forward.
Manuleleau or Auva'a???
If we let go of AJ or Auva'a (the two have been rumoured) i'm gonna be pissed off.

Why not let Tyrrell and/or McQueen to leave? They've had plenty of time to prove themselves and have done an okay job. AJ and Auva'a have a lot of untapped potential.

Devastating if true.
Where did you hear that regarding Auva'a and AJ???? Another website?????

That's right, let Tyrrell, McQueen/Grant go.

Auva'a has great potential and AJ has very good potential.

I'd be devestated and ropeable too.
The four players I've heard are all first graders, three where in the grade final side. None of them are backs

Where did you hear this mate????

One of them is Grant I reckon. Other 3 could be Tyrrell, McQueen and Clark.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Geez Souths are putting their eggs in 1 basket regarding Sam coming back!!!!! If it comes off we will all be so stoked!!!

If he doesn't return then we will have to scramble well into pre-season for a couple of depth signings.

I just decided to look at who the Dragons signed up and a couple of the signings stood out as depth signings, players that we could have got if our key signing doesn't happen.

The forwards they signed were Dunamis Lui and Sebastine Ikahihifo.

We continue waiting in hope I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.