What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Goodwins one of those old school players who hasnt got an insane amount of natural talent but he gives 100% each and every game. Even when most of our players dropped off at the end of this season, Bryson continued to put in even when the team was playing poorly. Would i have him in our centres in front of Walker and Auvaa? No, but he definitely deserves first shot on the vacant wing. Im glad we have him in our squad. He has some great qualities that have already been mentioned. Even at 30 years old he manages to be a solid outside back.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwins one of those old school players who hasnt got an insane amount of natural talent but he gives 100% each and every game. Even when most of our players dropped off at the end of this season, Bryson continued to put in even when the team was playing poorly. Would i have him in our centres in front of Walker and Auvaa? No, but he definitely deserves first shot on the vacant wing. Im glad we have him in our squad. He has some great qualities that have already been mentioned. Even at 30 years old he manages to be a solid outside back.

Hey mate finally someone who sees what I see. Hallelujah:cool:

Shadow has been playing up a bit as usual.

You can't get through to him!!!

All the negativity against Bryson was unwarranted imo. Imo a bit of criticism is fine but there are so many positives too which I posted about.

English Rose

Juniors
Only a matter of time now before Burgess returns. Souths are the front runner but face competition from Brisbane, Melbourne and Leeds Rhinos for his signature

DiegoNT

First Grade
Only a matter of time now before Burgess returns. Souths are the front runner but face competition from Brisbane, Melbourne and Leeds Rhinos for his signature

I don't think Melbourne will get him, when was the last time Melbourne made a big money forwards signing? It's not Bellamys style. He usually goes after cheaper fringe first grade forwards and tries to develop them into his style of football. I don't think broncos are a serious contender either. I think their main focus will be wrapping up all the young players that helped them to a grand final this year. Also I've seen it mentioned a few times that Bennett has a philosophy of not spending big money on forwards. Leeds will be to offer burgess the most money, but i don't think it'll do his ego good to go from failing in Union to dropping back to the super league. I think he'll have a point to prove and only sucess again in the nrl will do it. Our biggest obstacle is whether we can find room in our cap for him.

roughyedspud

Coach

The rumour is hes gonna sign for leeds for a year while south clear some room in the cap for sam to return in 2017

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hey mate finally someone who sees what I see. Hallelujah:cool:

Shadow has been playing up a bit as usual.

You can't get through to him!!!

All the negativity against Bryson was unwarranted imo. Imo a bit of criticism is fine but there are so many positives too which I posted about.

I think a lot of supporters were surprised with his form this year. I know I was.

It wont matter to him though. He probably thinks we're the same person :sarcasm:

Exactly; summarised

- Strong runner
- Goal kicker
- Great one on one tackler
- Puts in 100% every week
- Versatile

southsport

First Grade
I think a lot of supporters were surprised with his form this year. I know I was.

It wont matter to him though. He probably thinks we're the same person :sarcasm:

Exactly; summarised

- Strong runner
- Goal kicker
- Versatile

Yep, great summary r95, as you say puts in 100%........an underrated player by some.

Last edited:

You're bonkers if you think that Souths will allow Sam to sign anywhere else.

Regardless of the competition for his signature, contractually, we have the last option to sign him and we would move heaven and earth to fit him back in.

If Sam's manager is talking to other teams, its just to get a figure that we will have to match.

If we have to move on two or three others to bring him back then it will be done.

CAFPOW

Juniors
with sam's possible signing. i hope our depth in the backs and in
the forwards don't take a hit because of the salary cap.

johnston, d. walker and gray were down in form this season, but
if they know nobody in the nsw cup can threaten their spot next
season, their current form may continue into next season.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Exactly; summarised

- Strong runner
- Goal kicker
- Versatile

Yep he will call us the same person or something stupid!

R95 I'm glad you see the truth like I do mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You're bonkers if you think that Souths will allow Sam to sign anywhere else.

Regardless of the competition for his signature, contractually, we have the last option to sign him and we would move heaven and earth to fit him back in.

If Sam's manager is talking to other teams, its just to get a figure that we will have to match.

If we have to move on two or three others to bring him back then it will be done.
Spot on DKOR.
with sam's possible signing. i hope our depth in the backs and in
the forwards don't take a hit because of the salary cap.

johnston, d. walker and gray were down in form this season, but
if they know nobody in the nsw cup can threaten their spot next
season, their current form may continue into next season.

Our depth will take a hit if Sam returns. I don't care though if we move 3-4 players on who have had a chance to prove themselves and have failed.

We have good potential coming through in the forwards and Sam would be great for them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep, great summary r95, as you say puts in 100%........an underrated player by some.

I started the positives re Goodwin and no one agreed until R95 came along.

Glad you're seeing the truth Southsport too. I knew you would.

Re Goodwin, R20, R95 and Southsport are truth tellers:lol:

rabbitohs95

Bench
If we had to let a few go would you rather Tyrrell or Grant? What about the underperforming McQueen? Or the favourite son Jason Clark?

Matrix

Juniors
If we had to let a few go would you rather Tyrrell or Grant? What about the underperforming McQueen? Or the favourite son Jason Clark?

Probably McQueen for mine,blokes like Carter and Clark could do a similar role.I dont think Tyrell Or Clark would be on enough money to make a difference.I would give Grant one more season because we are short of prop depth but if he doesnt improve next season I would try and offload him.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'd send McQueen packing and I'd send Grant packing.

If I had to choose between Tyrrell and Clark I would probably get rid of Tyrrell and keep Clark.

If you had to pick 3 of these guys to leave who would you choose R95???

Rabbits20

Immortal

You never know though Newc.

Behind the scenes Souths will be trying to move players on as we've discussed to get Sam for 2016.

The club won't just give in and say oh nah we don't have a chance of getting Sam in 2016.

To give in is not the South Sydney way.

Rabbits20

Immortal
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-for-sam-burgess/story-fn2mcuj6-1227587021028

Above in the article are the thoughts of Lote.

The article below I found to be a very good read and near the bottom has ruled out Sam going to Leeds and that with Stewart and Issac leaving that supposedly our cap won't be too much of a problem, just minor changes to fit Sam back in. (Imo bye bye McQueen and Grant. I know we will have to pay part of their contracts but should get 300k spare to add to what we already have spare).

I suggest you read guys (if you want too)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-south-sydney-rabbitohs-20151029-gklpqp.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.