What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
BBC Sport are reporting that England rugby union centre Sam Burgess has been granted leave by club side Bath to consider his future in the code.

According to BBC Radio 5 live's Alastair Eykyn, the former South Sydney Rabbitohs star will make a decision on whether to return to league - and a potential reunion with his former NRL club - in the coming days.

The 26-year-old still has two years to run on the contract he signed with the West Country Premiership side in 2014.

With the season only two games old, Bath will be forced to face Harlequins on Saturday in the Aviva Premiership without one of their biggest crowd-pullers.

Burgess received heavy criticism for his role in England's Rugby World Cup capitulation, which saw the hosts lose to Wales and Australia on their way to a pool stage exit.
He was picked in the centres by national coach Stuart Lancaster, in spite of protestations from his club coach that his best position was in the forwards.

While the news may excite Rabbitohs fans, a couple of hurdles stand in the way of a stirring return to Redfern.

There has been reported interest from Super League outfit Leeds Rhinos, who are ready to make a play for the enforcer, while fitting him into the salary cap at Souths may pose its own conundrum.

Bath coach Mike Ford has been at pains to fend news of Burgess' imminent departure, telling the Bath Chronicle newspaper: "There's always speculation with Sam, unfortunately," he said. "I think most of it is made up."

"There's always a story there and this is the latest one. Two weeks ago they stopped taking bets on him joining Leeds Rhinos and that didn't happen."

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

rabbitohs95

Bench
Not too sure who i'd boot tbh.

Probably McQueen and Tyrrell. I think they both need a new environment to rein vigour their careers. Id give Grant the benefit of the doubt and Clark puts in 100% every game.

Rsag85

Bench
Rsag, Clark is a good hard toiler.

Madge try's to play Clark in a position he is not suited in, way to small for a first grade prop and Tyrell well he doesn't make enough metres for a prop in the NSW Cup.

Grant I think will get better and McQueen has the talent and can cover a lot of positions good for a bench player

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge try's to play Clark in a position he is not suited in, way to small for a first grade prop and Tyrell well he doesn't make enough metres for a prop in the NSW Cup.

Grant I think will get better and McQueen has the talent and can cover a lot of positions good for a bench player

Rsag85 Clark and Tyrrell would only be on about 160k.

Other clubs would take them and only pay 80k. So that'd free up 160k only in total.

Grant (350k and McQueen 300k) other clubs would take them for 150-160k. So that'd free up 300-320k (double what we'd have for freeing up Clark and Tyrrell) which is better in regards to having enough for Sam to return.

I don't care about what Grant and McQueen can do for Souths in the future. If it means getting Sam back then tough calls need to be made and Grant and McQueen going is definitely a step in the right direction.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
good to see a few others on here eventually are seeing the light to get rid of the excess dud forwards that we have hallelujah heaven has spoken it took time well done shadow..

rabbitohs95

Bench
It's all pure speculation. They see Walker's off contract and in demand and they think we'll get rid of him. Tough chance.

Also shadow, shut up, i'm tired of your gibberish. At least word out a sentence with proper structure when you write your childish posts.

Should we need to move on some players to accommodate Sam, then yes, we should let go of some of our under performing forwards.

All this time however, you've suggested we just release them, with no plans of signing anyone else, which is pretty moronic.

I'm glad Madge is our coach and not you, that's for sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's all pure speculation. They see Walker's off contract and in demand and they think we'll get rid of him. Tough chance.

Also shadow, shut up, i'm tired of your gibberish. At least word out a sentence with proper structure when you write your childish posts.

Should we need to move on some players to accommodate Sam, then yes, we should let go of some of our under performing forwards.

All this time however, you've suggested we just release them, with no plans of signing anyone else, which is pretty moronic.

I'm glad Madge is our coach and not you, that's for sure.

Great post R95. He will think we are the same person:lol:

R95 it's good to see you see what I'm seeing. I'm tired of it too.

In regards to signings shadow thought we'd have enough for Sam, Te'o and Taupau.

There is just no way that was ever going to happen.

Agree that we couldn't just release players with no signings. Then we'd have no team.

In Madge I trust:D

Status
Not open for further replies.