What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Juniors
I think we would keep McQueen and Grant and lose Tyrell and Clark

Tyrell and Clark arent on enough money to make a difference with Sam,it would have to be one of McQueen or Grant but it looks like Walker now for discipline reasons.

southsport

First Grade
Not happy about that.

What about you southsport????

Apparently Manly, Dragons and Titans are interested in Dylan.

Surely we can just get rid of McInnes (as we have Cook and Carter) Grant and McQueen and that should be enough to accomodate Sam.

It's certainly not what I was hoping for, hopefully the telegraph is way off the mark.

Woofy7

Juniors
I reckon we don't need to release any players..... That's all a media beat up.
Why would we resign Goodwin 2 weeks ago and in the process of resigning Ava if we need to release players to accomodate Sam.
Sam's return has been in the works for a long time that's why we released Glenn Stewart, and Ben Lowe retired, and also some residual funds from Isaac Luke moving on.
We could easily sign Sam for around 800 in the first year and back end it no problem.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tyrell and Clark arent on enough money to make a difference with Sam,it would have to be one of McQueen or Grant but it looks like Walker now for discipline reasons.

That's what I've been posting too mate.

Good to see we are on the same page.

It'd be a massive shame to lose Walker!!! It'd be a wrong decision imo.

cb4

First Grade
I reckon we don't need to release any players..... That's all a media beat up.
Why would we resign Goodwin 2 weeks ago and in the process of resigning Ava if we need to release players to accomodate Sam.
Sam's return has been in the works for a long time that's why we released Glenn Stewart, and Ben Lowe retired, and also some residual funds from Isaac Luke moving on.
We could easily sign Sam for around 800 in the first year and back end it no problem.

I agree with the bulk majority of your post, however I was told that the upgrades to your players, and youngsters came from Isaak Luke's money.

You still have Glenn Stewart's cap (remembering that Manly subsidised some of it) to play with.
Creative accounting would probably mean shedding a Tim Grant and then back ending his deal.

Woofy7

Juniors
I agree with the bulk majority of your post, however I was told that the upgrades to your players, and youngsters came from Isaak Luke's money.

You still have Glenn Stewart's cap (remembering that Manly subsidised some of it) to play with.
Creative accounting would probably mean shedding a Tim Grant and then back ending his deal.

Pretty sure Glenn Stuart was a free agent when signing with Souths....
So in saying that manly wasn't paying for any of it whilst at Souths

Rabbits20

Immortal
On the news on the radio I recently heard that it's thought Sam will stay put at Bath.

Souths are chasing hard but England officials reckon he's going nowhere.

Matrix

Juniors
On the news on the radio I recently heard that it's thought Sam will stay put at Bath.

Souths are chasing hard but England officials reckon he's going nowhere.

There certainly some strange contradictions from the media on this one.Uk media are quoting Mike Ford the bath coach as saying Sams not going anywhere but the Aussie media seem just as adamant he is coming back.I just wish Sam would make a statement one way or another so we can all get on with our lives,lol.

Woofy7

Juniors
There certainly some strange contradictions from the media on this one.Uk media are quoting Mike Ford the bath coach as saying Sams not going anywhere but the Aussie media seem just as adamant he is coming back.I just wish Sam would make a statement one way or another so we can all get on with our lives,lol.

He will be a Rabbitoh next week

Rabbits20

Immortal
On triple M they were saying with 3rd party deals Sam should get 1million a season from Souths.

They were saying we have some money left in our cap due to Stewart and Issac going but that a chunk of that would've been used to upgrade Tom and George.

They said they think Souths would have to move a few players on and that it wouldn't be hard to get rid of them as clubs like the Titans and Knights etc....... want players as they can't attract any.

Woofy7

Juniors
On triple M they were saying with 3rd party deals Sam should get 1million a season from Souths.

They were saying we have some money left in our cap due to Stewart and Issac going but that a chunk of that would've been used to upgrade Tom and George.

They said they think Souths would have to move a few players on and that it wouldn't be hard to get rid of them as clubs like the Titans and Knights etc....... want players as they can't attract any.

Both Tom and George were contracted for next year before their upgrade so that wouldn't play a roll for trying to get Sam back. We can easily offload players for 2017 to back end Sam's deal.

Woofy7

Juniors
Call it unorthodox but the TAB is telling me it's a done deal....
Souths have crawled back from 25 dollars down to 11 dollars to win the comp.
I think betting agencies are well informed lol

southsport

First Grade
Call it unorthodox but the TAB is telling me it's a done deal....
Souths have crawled back from 25 dollars down to 11 dollars to win the comp.
I think betting agencies are well informed lol

Yeah, that's been mentioned elsewhere also, the betting agencies must hold Sam in high regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.