What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitOhBoy

Juniors
Ok pure theory here
It was rumoured that to get burgess we's need to move on McQueen, Grant and Walker. From what I've gathered on the rumour sites/forums
Titans wanted McQueen
Eels wanted Grant
Walker was rumoured to be in the panthers sights

Today we've had
Gordon released from the titans
Paulo released from the Eels
Idris retired from the panthers

Well spotted.
Feel for McQueen. With a pack more committed to offloads he would be a star. He'd be better off at the Panthers IMO.

GGTSS

Juniors
If Dylan leaves I don't think it'd be entirely because of salary, more likely a culture thing. If he goes to Titans both their gun centers will be lost Souths players. I'm really hoping he stays but if he goes and Hoppa goes Bulldogs I'd love Lafai.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ok pure theory here
It was rumoured that to get burgess we's need to move on McQueen, Grant and Walker. From what I've gathered on the rumour sites/forums
Titans wanted McQueen
Eels wanted Grant
Walker was rumoured to be in the panthers sights

Today we've had
Gordon released from the titans
Paulo released from the Eels
Idris retired from the panthers

Very very good thinking!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Dylan leaves I don't think it'd be entirely because of salary, more likely a culture thing. If he goes to Titans both their gun centers will be lost Souths players. I'm really hoping he stays but if he goes and Hoppa goes Bulldogs I'd love Lafai.

If Dylan leaves, our centre options are Auva'a, Goodwin, Gray and Turner can play a bit of centre too.

Matrix

Juniors
Looks like Manuleulua has definitely gone,his profile has been removed from the souths website along with the other leaving players,luke,lowe,Millard,Murphy,reddy,nicholls,stewart,sorenson and taukafa.

GGTSS

Juniors
You lot will probably hate this but if Dylan leaves I'd like to see McQueen move back to the backline. Big body with speed. Far better option than Turner. Only advantage of putting Turner out there is it'll be less likely he'll get injured again. That being said if they get rid of Walker it'll be a terrible decision - we've struggled for outside backs.

southsport

First Grade
You lot will probably hate this but if Dylan leaves I'd like to see McQueen move back to the backline. Big body with speed. Far better option than Turner. Only advantage of putting Turner out there is it'll be less likely he'll get injured again. That being said if they get rid of Walker it'll be a terrible decision - we've struggled for outside backs.

That's not a bad option but McQueen may be off to the titans.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Lots of stories about Dylan Walker leaving the club to soften the blow.
Panthers have a press conference at the same time as the Melbourne cup today to announce the controversial signing off Dylan Walker
This one is Purely a crazy conspiracy theory from me.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I reckon McQueen is leaving.

That's why I mentioned Turner as an option if we get injuries at centre.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Lots of stories about Dylan Walker leaving the club to soften the blow.
Panthers have a press conference at the same time as the Melbourne cup today to announce the controversial signing off Dylan Walker
This one is Purely a crazy conspiracy theory from me.

:shock: Dooooooooon't even think about it!!!

hunters

Juniors

I used to hate this idea but I'm warming to it. If he does stay, his performance in the backrow have been mostly pretty ordinary and I couldn't put him in there.

He needs a new role and his ability under the high ball might give him a place out wide.

rabbitohs95

Bench
My mail is that Dylan has actually re-signed for a few more years. All the media is doing is hyping up a nothing situation. From a close source.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My mail is that Dylan has actually re-signed for a few more years. All the media is doing is hyping up a nothing situation. From a close source.

I hope you're right.

How will we fit in Sam then???????

Leeds are in contact with Bath saying they're very interested.

Rsag85

Bench
I hope you're right.

How will we fit in Sam then???????

Leeds are in contact with Bath saying they're very interested.

easy we still have money left over from Glenn Stewarts deal plus we will be off loading a few of our forwards

RabbitOhBoy

Juniors
I wonder if a collaborative pitch for Sam is on the cards involving Souths and Leeds. The biggest hurdle to signing him may be the size of the transfer fee that a pissed off Bath will demand. If this cost is defrayed between the 2 clubs - with Leeds having him for 12 months and Souths the rest - it might provide a solution.
(For some reason I can't include a link to the The Yorkshire Evening Post that alludes to this idea)

Also he has been selected in the Bath squad for this weekend's game.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
easy we still have money left over from Glenn Stewarts deal plus we will be off loading a few of our forwards

I hope you're right.

Getting rid of Tyrrell and Clark won't do much as they're on peanuts!!!!

Leeds are going to go hard after Sam too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts