What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I hope its wrong Rabbits. He came to us pretty busted and was just starting to show a lot of promise. Seems odd that we released him from 2017 but not 2016. Maybe its getting back at Penrith for when they refused Grant an immediate release.

Unfortunately it's most likely true. I'm 96percent sure of it.

When Sam was announced as coming back I thought to myself who will leave us at the end of 2016 and unfortunately I had a feeling it would be Grevsmuhl due to the cap.

We need Grevsmuhl in 2016, that's probably why we are keeping him too. He will turn into a top quality player in years to come.

doyen

Bench
Grevo runs well but has errors in his game, I wasn't completely sold on him tbh.

I reckon the Panthers want him because he DOES have errors in his game.

He is obviously not a Madge robot & would be more comfortable in a freer environment.

I think his natural leaning is toward a ball-player which will not be encouraged at Sths.

southsport

First Grade

He is obviously not a Madge robot & would be more comfortable in a freer environment.

I think his natural leaning is toward a ball-player which will not be encouraged at Sths.

Madge's coaching wasn't the reason he continually dropped the ball though.

doyen

Bench
Madge's coaching wasn't the reason he continually dropped the ball though.

I do think though that he was our main forward who was prepared to really run hard onto a short ball at top speed close to the line & aim for a 6 pt result;with a fair risk that his effort may come unstuck.
He did make errors for sure but they were mostly in tight situations where he was having a real tearaway go!!

Unlike,a number of our other forwards who are encouraged to play robotic,no risk footy.
Grevs is a player with much more natural ability than Tyrrell,Clarke,Grant & the like who are just head-down,arse-up drones.

I think Gould has noticed his extra potential & hence he is now a Panther.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Grevo runs well but has errors in his game, I wasn't completely sold on him tbh.

He has very good potential. Powerful ball runner. Can find the try line too. He will be a very very good player.

Ball security is a bit of an issue and occasionally defensive deficiencies.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I think he is a powerful forward with a good offload. Imo doyen he's not a ball player so I disagree there.
I do think though that he was our main forward who was prepared to really run hard onto a short ball at top speed close to the line & aim for a 6 pt result;with a fair risk that his effort may come unstuck.
He did make errors for sure but they were mostly in tight situations where he was having a real tearaway go!!

Unlike,a number of our other forwards who are encouraged to play robotic,no risk footy.
Grevs is a player with much more natural ability than Tyrrell,Clarke,Grant & the like who are just head-down,arse-up drones.

I think Gould has noticed his extra potential & hence he is now a Panther.

He made errors coming out of our own end too and missed tackles leading to long line breaks by our opponents.

Risk isn't always good though doyen. Repeat sets are very important and building pressure with high completion rates as we saw this season.

The reason Gould got him doyen is as we need to ease pressure on our cap and we couldn't afford to upgrade Grevsmuhl more. We'd like to keep him I reckon but you can't keep everyone unfortunately.

doyen

Bench
I think he is a powerful forward with a good offload. Imo doyen he's not a ball player so I disagree there.

He made errors coming out of our own end too and missed tackles leading to long line breaks by our opponents.

Risk isn't always good though doyen. Repeat sets are very important and building pressure with high completion rates as we saw this season.

The reason Gould got him doyen is as we need to ease pressure on our cap and we couldn't afford to upgrade Grevsmuhl more. We'd like to keep him I reckon but you can't keep everyone unfortunately.

Nobody is a ball-player in our side because it is discouraged--bigtime!!

We were dead last in the offload area by the proverbial mile in 2015. Total 167--a long,long last;the ultimate in stodginess!!
Our forwards are shit-scared to try anything!

RabbitOhBoy

Juniors

We were dead last in the offload area by the proverbial mile in 2015. Total 167--a long,long last;the ultimate in stodginess!!

Agreed. Maguire has to evolve his thinking to bring some creativity- not just in our forwards, but into our halves as well. If he isn’t able to do that them maybe an attack coach could be considered. Maybe Cleary could be good; he certainly had Penrith off-loading well. No disrespect to Maguire, I think his core systems and patterns have served us very well, but we need some innovation, some unpredictability in our forward play to top it off. When any of the Burgess brothers play for England they offload a lot, so the skills are there.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Sutto is a ball player though.

Maybe some of our forwards just dont have the skill to offload.

Sam will make a difference with offloads, that's for sure.

I do think Madge needs to give other guys besides Sam a license to offload and make sure they practice it at training, guys like Sutton, Grevsmuhl, George and Tom.

Imo guys like Tyrrell, Clark, Turner, (McQueen and Grant if they stay) are not offloaders. I don't think they have it in them tbh doyen.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Sutto is a ball player though.

Maybe some of our forwards just dont have the skill to offload.

Sam will make a difference with offloads, that's for sure.

I do think Madge needs to give other guys besides Sam a license to offload and make sure they practice it at training, guys like Sutton, Grevsmuhl, George and Tom.

Imo guys like Tyrrell, Clark, Turner, (McQueen and Grant if they stay) are not offloaders. I don't think they have it in them tbh doyen.

Surely our players are not that bad that they don't even know how to pass a football.

Practice makes perfect but we're not getting any practice!! We've become perfect at NOT passing the ball as that is our practice!! REMEMBER;only 167 offloads in a whooooooooooollllllllle season!!! How bad is that???!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are discouraged by our coach to do it in matches;therefore we can't do it. It's poor skills coaching--poor coaching.

It's almost like Madge's only plan is to secure big forwards to bash & barge----if our forwards were asked to define the meaning of "pass the ball",I very much doubt that they would have the slightest clue!!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ben Te'o possibly and there'll be younger players that step up to first grade, that's all.

Brisbane are a big chance to get Te'o. We are only an outside chance is what I'm hearing.

I've got a bit of a funny one, Parra want Auva'a. Well guess what Parra, you're no chance. He staying with Souths 100percent:cool:

You know what southsport, I'm sick of Parra continually attempting to take our players!!!!!!!

Also Dylan is in strong talks with Manly still. The rumours about him going just won't die down southsport!

southsport

First Grade
Brisbane are a big chance to get Te'o. We are only an outside chance is what I'm hearing.

I've got a bit of a funny one, Parra want Auva'a. Well guess what Parra, you're no chance. He staying with Souths 100percent:cool:

You know what southsport, I'm sick of Parra continually attempting to take our players!!!!!!!

Also Dylan is in strong talks with Manly still. The rumours about him going just won't die down southsport!

I heard that the broncos are having trouble fitting Te'o under the cap.

Dylan is at Souths for 2016 and he wanted to stay, whether that has changed after fronting the board I don't know, but manly think that when they talk to someone they will get him like they did in the old days, but those days have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts