What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sounds about right I suppose.

Anyway, noise is getting just a tad bit louder on the Te'o front.

Love nothing more than to see Teo signing on (that would spell the end of messers Clarke,Grant and McQueen) but I'm more worried about retaining Walker and Avu at this stage.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
dw has a case to answer to apparently thats from my mate,my mate was not happy about grevsmuhl leaving he said he was the only forward last year with ticker and as my mate said clarky is a great bloke but is not a 1st grader.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
not all is as clean cut as it seems at souths my mate said goodwin was close to our best player towards the end of the season and he is near retiring whats that say about the others?another point he said keary only plays when he feels like playing when all is going well but as soon as the opposition gets in his face he is a case of comical errors.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
my mate did not have much good to say he may be critical he bled red and green for the club since he was a little tacker going thru the junior ranks into 1st grade ile take his word for it even though he is critical.but he was most mad about that we lost grevsmuhl he said we should had let mcqueen,grant,clark,tyrrell go before losing grevsmuhl to penrith surely.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tops for Teo--$400 to $450!!
For a player of Te'o's quality and having won a Premiership that is too low doyen.
He's not worth $700k---he's up himself if he thinks that!!
You can't blame him for chasing what he thinks he should get. He's a very good player.
Ive heard hes looking for close to $700k a season.Whoever gets him for next season if he comes back would get him cheaper because he wouldnt be available till nearly june.
Doesn't surprise me at all. It's what I expected. It's rumoured we could get him midway through next season if we offload McQueen and Grant.
Can't blame a player for asking for top dollar doyen.

That's right.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Love nothing more than to see Teo signing on (that would spell the end of messers Clarke,Grant and McQueen) but I'm more worried about retaining Walker and Avu at this stage.

I'm the same Newc. I'd really like to have Te'o back.

Must keep our centres as you say. It's extremely important.

Rabbits20

Immortal
not all is as clean cut as it seems at souths my mate said goodwin was close to our best player towards the end of the season and he is near retiring whats that say about the others?another point he said keary only plays when he feels like playing when all is going well but as soon as the opposition gets in his face he is a case of comical errors.

I told you about Keary too shadow.

Your mate agrees with me re Keary in 2015.

Hoping Keary can lift. I reckon he can!

I hope Te'o signs with us midway through next season shadow. That'd be a bonus!

southsport

First Grade

Telecrap saying that Walker has been told he can look elsewhere???

There's the cap money for Ben.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I'm sorry but at 29 Te'o is not worth 700k. His big payday was two years in Rugby. Maybe the premiership success has given you rose coloured glasses. Look I love Te'o. He is one of my favourites. But he's not worth more than 500k especially when we lose him to Origin and last year a lot of suspensions too.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
r20 keary is a good little player at least he moves forward more than reyno does rsag85 says that doesn't he?.lets hope our halves stay injury free.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm sorry but at 29 Te'o is not worth 700k. His big payday was two years in Rugby. Maybe the premiership success has given you rose coloured glasses. Look I love Te'o. He is one of my favourites. But he's not worth more than 500k especially when we lose him to Origin and last year a lot of suspensions too.

If he comes to Souths I think he will get about 650k.

That's about what Stewart was on and Stewart was poor overall. If Te'o comes back he will be better for us than what Stewart was and on the same money as Stewart got.

Te'o is an origin forward so that's why you have to pay him a bit more too.

Curns13

Juniors
A couple of things. Firstly, Teo is worth 700k. If he didn't leave for Union he would have run on for the Kangaroos at the end of 2014. If Trent Merrin is worth 700k than so is Teo. Also if we have to let Walker go to get him then so be it. Other than Inglis, name a centre that has won a side a comp? Outside backs are a dime a dozen (although we seem to struggle to get them), but big agressive second rowers win you premiership (Teo and Sam in 2014 anyone?). If I had to choose between Dylan and Teo for the next 4 years, both on about 700k, I'd take Teo every time.

Secondly, Reynolds is better than Keary. Reynolds kicking game is good, Keary doesn't have a kicking game. Kerry is great down the blindside and takes on the line more often, but Reynolds was the 9's MVP. Before he got hurt he was going great guns but his knee was bothering him all year. Then you add on his goal kicking, he is statistically just about the best goal kicker in RL history, and it's no contest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.