What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A couple of things. Firstly, Teo is worth 700k. If he didn't leave for Union he would have run on for the Kangaroos at the end of 2014. If Trent Merrin is worth 700k than so is Teo. Also if we have to let Walker go to get him then so be it. Other than Inglis, name a centre that has won a side a comp? Outside backs are a dime a dozen (although we seem to struggle to get them), but big agressive second rowers win you premiership (Teo and Sam in 2014 anyone?). If I had to choose between Dylan and Teo for the next 4 years, both on about 700k, I'd take Teo every time.

Secondly, Reynolds is better than Keary. Reynolds kicking game is good, Keary doesn't have a kicking game. Kerry is great down the blindside and takes on the line more often, but Reynolds was the 9's MVP. Before he got hurt he was going great guns but his knee was bothering him all year. Then you add on his goal kicking, he is statistically just about the best goal kicker in RL history, and it's no contest.

That's right. Very good post!

SaraSassypants

Juniors
A couple of things. Firstly, Teo is worth 700k. If he didn't leave for Union he would have run on for the Kangaroos at the end of 2014. If Trent Merrin is worth 700k than so is Teo. Also if we have to let Walker go to get him then so be it. Other than Inglis, name a centre that has won a side a comp? Outside backs are a dime a dozen (although we seem to struggle to get them), but big agressive second rowers win you premiership (Teo and Sam in 2014 anyone?). If I had to choose between Dylan and Teo for the next 4 years, both on about 700k, I'd take Teo every time.
Merrin can play longer minutes than Te'o and can play Lock.
You seriously want Te'o for 4 years at 700k which takes him to 33? He won't be the same bloke he was in 2014. People please take off the 2014 premiership rose coloured glasses. Te'o is worth 400k under the cap tops. Add on third parties for sure but under the cap he's worth nothing more.

Rabbitohs Re-sign Kirisome Auva’a for Seasons 2016, 2017 and 2018

Member Release
Sat 14th November, 09:00PM
A A

1447390337651.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have announced the re-signing of centre Kirisome Auva’a for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 seasons today.
Auva’a, 23, has played 26 NRL games for the Rabbitohs since making his debut for the Club against the Panthers in round six, 2014.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is pleased to have Auva’a signed to the Club long term.
“’Somi’ has grown as a player and we’re looking forward to seeing him perform week in and week out in the 2016 season and beyond,” Coach Maguire said.
“Somi has worked very hard away from the game throughout 2015 to get himself in a position to make a contribution again on-field, and we’re all looking forward to continuing that work with him into the future.”
Auva’a is appreciative of the opportunities given to him by the South Sydney Club and its Members.
“I’m very grateful for everything South Sydney has done for me over the past two years,” Auva’a said
“This is the Club I want to play for. From giving me a shot at first grade, to supporting me through a difficult period over the past 18 months, this Club means the world to me.
“I love playing with my teammates, for the coaching staff and for the Club, and its awesome Members. The support the Members give me and the rest of the team is unbelievable.
“I’m so happy to have this contract sorted out and am looking forward to preparing for 2016.”

Biography:
Name: Kirisome Auva’a
Date of Birth: 23 February 1992
Place of Birth: Samoa
Height: 186cm
Weight: 100kg
Position: Centre/Wing
Junior Clubs: Otahuhu Rovers
NRL Games: 26 (all for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Points: 36 from nine tries (all for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Debut: Rabbitohs vs Panthers, Sportingbet Stadium, 11 April 2014 (Rd 6)
Rep Honours: One game for QLD Under 18s (2010); Under 20s QLD State of Origin squad (2012); Australia A rugby union schoolboys (2009); New Zealand U15s (2007)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/content...re_sign_ki.html?camefrom=EMCL_847930_34957052

SaraSassypants

Juniors
"I'm very grateful for everything South Sydney has done for me over the past two years,” Auva’a said
“This is the Club I want to play for. From giving me a shot at first grade, to supporting me through a difficult period over the past 18 months, this Club means the world to me.
“I love playing with my teammates, for the coaching staff and for the Club, and its awesome Members. The support the Members give me and the rest of the team is unbelievable.
“I’m so happy to have this contract sorted out and am looking forward to preparing for 2016.”
On ya Somi

Rsag85

Bench
r20 keary is a good little player at least he moves forward more than reyno does rsag85 says that doesn't he?.lets hope our halves stay injury free.

What do you mean by moves forward. I talked about how Keary gets lost in the play and doesn't really take control of the side. But I did say that Keary is more suited to be a dummy half runner due to his running style and ok passing. He did play there in the grand final.

Rsag85

Bench
Some info I found this morning

Some Clarification on the Dylan Walker situation:
There are plenty of rumours and innuendos,
The facts that we know is that Madge Want's to keep Walker.
My very good mate, a Souths 3rd Party sponsor who sponsors many of OUR players.
He knows Dylan Personally and had Coffee with him on Thursday the 12th of November.
He says that Walker will be with us in 2016
I asked him, what about 2017?
He said, "They are working on it, but Walker wouldn't say yes or no".
My mate assures me that Walker has not signed with any other club.
BUT, he did say it will be Walkers attitude that can swing this situation in his favour.
My mates word is that "Walker has to pull his head in"
Walker broke a team "NO BOOZE" rule just before the Semi.
In my mates words, "Walker went out on a bender, he loves a drink"

doyen

Bench
What do you mean by moves forward. I talked about how Keary gets lost in the play and doesn't really take control of the side. But I did say that Keary is more suited to be a dummy half runner due to his running style and ok passing. He did play there in the grand final.

I think what may be confusing Shadow a little bit is that AR is so slow he looks like he's going backwards.
Keary creates that great a contrast with AR due to his superior speed off the mark that the illusion is quite marked.
Keary appears like greased lighting because AR is so painfully slow.

Rsag85

Bench
I think what may be confusing Shadow a little bit is that AR is so slow he looks like he's going backwards.
Keary creates that great a contrast with AR due to his superior speed off the mark that the illusion is quite marked.
Keary appears like greased lighting because AR is so painfully slow.

I disagree one thousand per cent.

I don't think Adam is slow of the mark at all and you can see him trying to improve himself as a halfback by adding new stuff to his game, as for Keary who IMO hasn't learned from his errors that he has in his game, you can't get by with your talents for to long in the NRL. You need to learn and make yourself a better player something Reynolds is doing and Keary isn't at the moment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I disagree one thousand per cent.

I don't think Adam is slow of the mark at all and you can see him trying to improve himself as a halfback by adding new stuff to his game, as for Keary who IMO hasn't learned from his errors that he has in his game, you can't get by with your talents for to long in the NRL. You need to learn and make yourself a better player something Reynolds is doing and Keary isn't at the moment.

I completely agree.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.