What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
That's good to hear.
McQueen needs more game time though. You'd think Madge could start him at lock.

the only thing about that is madge uses the lock as a 3rd prop, whereas mcqueen is better outwider as a seconder rower imo. since we have sutton and stewart, i dont know how many more mins mcqueen will get, unless 1 of the others get injured

southsport

First Grade
Cody Walker cleared to play by the NRL but stood down by Souths until his court appearance in two weeks.

Rabbits20

Immortal
the only thing about that is madge uses the lock as a 3rd prop, whereas mcqueen is better outwider as a seconder rower imo. since we have sutton and stewart, i dont know how many more mins mcqueen will get, unless 1 of the others get injured

Yeah good point. You're probably right there.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Gotta say I think already Glenn is gonna be better overall than Te'o in Souths colours. Ben struggled in attack until last year's finals (where admittedly he was extraordinary) and didn't really click with Reyno. Already we can see Glenn is clicking with Adam and Dylan on the right edge.

I think the team is more suited to the 3 middle forwards and 2 ball playing forwards structure. Don't really recall any other team that's used that kind of structure before but I'm a fan of it and it's working so far.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cody Walker cleared to play by the NRL but stood down by Souths until his court appearance in two weeks.

When he comes back I expect him to play rest of the year with Norths.

If halves get injured Madge would most likely cover with Sutton and if it's really needed Dylan Walker even though moving Dylan is not at all ideal.

Cody would then be next in line after Dylan imo.

southsport

First Grade

If halves get injured Madge would most likely cover with Sutton and if it's really needed Dylan Walker even though moving Dylan is not at all ideal.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that, Sutto is needed in the forwards these days.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gotta say I think already Glenn is gonna be better overall than Te'o in Souths colours. Ben struggled in attack until last year's finals (where admittedly he was extraordinary) and didn't really click with Reyno. Already we can see Glenn is clicking with Adam and Dylan on the right edge.

I think the team is more suited to the 3 middle forwards and 2 ball playing forwards structure. Don't really recall any other team that's used that kind of structure before but I'm a fan of it and it's working so far.

Fully agree with that mate.

For sure Glenn will be better than Te'o. People mightn't agree with this but at times Te'o was quite lazy.

As the season progresses it's going to be great to see the Glenn, Adam and Dylan combo develop.

On the left side the Sutto, Keary and Goodwin combo will keep improving too.

rabbitohs95

Bench

I reckon in preference it's

Reynolds
Keary
Sutton
Cody
Dylan

Sutton has big game experience in the halves, let's not forget that

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that, Sutto is needed in the forwards these days.

I may be wrong but at this stage of the season that's how I see it.

I'm not confident Cody Walker could handle 1st grade this year.

If we need a safety option for a few weeks Madge has normally gone for Sutton.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I reckon in preference it's

Reynolds
Keary
Sutton
Cody
Dylan

Sutton has big game experience in the halves, let's not forget that

Yeah I'm the same. Except not sure whether Madge would pick Cody before Dylan in the halves if needed. Moving Dylan isn't ideal and he struggles at five eighth as we've seen.

But I'm not sure at all on Cody and whether he's ready this year after all the disruptions he's had the last 6 months.

Let's hope worst case scenario is Sutton goes back to halves at times if needed and Cody/Dylan are not required there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i hear millard has played a bit in the halves too

Yeah but imo that is a bad option. I believe he only played in the halves earlier on in his career.

So far from what I've seen of Millard he seems to be slower in movement than Goodwin in the backline and Goodwin isn't that fast as what he used to be with his movement.

doyen

Bench
What would your alternative option be?

Most definitely NOT JS back into the halves--he is a forward now--no retro stuff;PLEASE!!!

Dylan Walker was initially a 5/8 coming through the juniors & a very highly rated one.

If Keary happened to be the one injured,Dylan would be my first choice & I'd persevere with him & not judge him there too quickly!

Cody Walker is the obvious next choice to me & was signed to cover 5/8.

He also would need to be given a good chance to prove himself---he has received big raps from some good judges,I believe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It would depend on whether there is a suitable replacement for Sutto in the forwards if he is moved to 5/8, so I'd have to wait until the situation arose and then look at it.

Fair enough.

Madge is good at balancing the team out when we have a few injuries at times during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts